• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Acts 20 says the early believers met to break bread on the first day of the week.
Yes, that is correct, but it is not referring to the Passover meal. Breaking bread was the common daily eating of meals, the same as our eating dinner together is. In the middle east, they do not say come and have dinner with me. They say come and break bread with me.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, that is correct, but it is not referring to the Passover meal. Breaking bread was the common daily eating of meals, the same as our eating dinner together is. In the middle east, they do not say come and have dinner with me. They say come and break bread with me.
In Acts 2.42 the same phrase seems to refer to the Lord's Supper, one of the various local church activities listed.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In Acts 2.42 the same phrase seems to refer to the Lord's Supper, one of the various local church activities listed.
It could not refer to the Lord's supper (I presume you are referring to the Passover) because the time between when the Passover was celebrated and what was referred to in Acts would have been less than one year.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It could not refer to the Lord's supper (I presume you are referring to the Passover) because the time between when the Passover was celebrated and what was referred to in Acts would have been less than one year.
Luke 22 clears shows the last passover and the first Lord's Supper.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Pedantic? Is PURE SCRIPTURE, pedantic to you? Is <on the biblical sabbath>, pedantic to you? If I like you did, wrote, <- Saturday>, it would be pedantic, but now there is no Bible-Sabbath that is <- Saturday>. Are you sure you know what the word 'pedantic' means?; what the word 'Saturday', means?! And you think you are equipped to write in this BIBLE forum?

Chappie, you must go back to Medium School!
Thank you for your well informed and gracious reply.:D

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Acts 20 says the early believers met to break bread on the first day of the week.

Yes, that is correct,

Acts 20:7 does not say, believers <met>.

It says "On the First Day of the week they (with Paul, 7 disciples) were ('sun-ehg-men-ohn' Pf Prt) still assembling together, after before (on the Sabbath), having been assembling together for Our To Break[*] Bread".

[*Infinitive of Noun-force 'hehmohn klasai arton' our Lord's Supper]

Last edited: