The Law And The Prophet's Were Until John...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Something that I find interesting is the way people seem to hold the revelation of God that's in the law and the prophets or the old covenant equal to the Revelation of God that's in Jesus Christ. They seem to insist that they're of equal value and are in total agreement with each other.

Here's a couple things I find interesting about that view...

In (Exodus 21:24, Leviticus 24:20, Deuteronomy 19:21) it says eye for eye, tooth for tooth. Then we see Jesus go on to say, "You've heard it said, Eye for and eye tooth for a tooth but I say to you Love your enemies." (I have a feeling some people on this board might have told Him He was wrong for doing that : haha) and then went on to say so we'd be like our Father. If the law and the prophets are the Word of God isn't Jesus in danger of rejecting God's Word by basically saying, "But I say to you"?

Also... on the mount of transfiguration... if Moses and Elijah and Jesus were all equal... wouldn't God have said, "Yes build them all tabernacles because this is my beloved Son, and Moses who gave you the Law, and one of my prophets, listen to all of them and cross reference them" instead of, "This is my beloved Son hear Him" and the other two no longer standing there?

Also... if the bible is the Word of God... does that mean that in the beginning when the Word was with God it was the bible spinning around in outer space?

Does that mean that everything was created through the bible?

Does that mean that in Revelation that it's the bible sitting on the horse?

Also... what does, "The Law and the Prophets were until John" mean to you?

Here's my personal opinion...

Jesus is the Word of God that's why He can say, "But I say to you" ... He was in the beginning with the Father... all things were made through Him... He's the one sitting on the Horse in revelation... and the law and the prophets were a veiled revelation of God until Christ came... Jesus is the only way to the Father... because He is the perfect revelation of God... and most importantly that God is LOVE...

I'm interested in hearing what other people believe..

Hope this blesses you...

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
... He's the one sitting on the Horse in revelation...

Are you talking about the horse in chapter 6? Rev 6:2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

Mary007

Feb 17, 2008
That's was a VERY GOOD read Robbie....here's a chart that explains what you said...you'll have to enlarge the size to see the details.

http://clearvisionbiblestudies.com/gosey/Bible-Chart/BibleChart.pdf