The Law

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
one must die to self, and we don't die easy... (smile). scripture, Galatians 2:20 "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

PICJAG.

Yes, a living sacrifice tends to crawl off the altar.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
one must die to self, and we don't die easy... (smile). scripture, Galatians 2:20 "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

PICJAG.
Thanks, I'm wondering how we die to self, Paul said you are already dead, Romans 6:6

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

We can reckon ourselves dead, but again that takes us into mind renewal. Crucified in Christ is instantaneous when you believed because of the cross.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Crucified in Christ is instantaneous when you believed because of the cross.
If that were true then there would be no twice the sons of hell or seven worse spirits I guess. Which is why it is necessary to change all of those instances of pistis into mere "belief" imo

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that were true then there would be no twice the sons of hell or seven worse spirits I guess. Which is why it is necessary to change all of those instances of pistis into mere "belief" imo

When do you suppose it happens?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
When do you suppose it happens?
well, I guess we should first get clear on how often it happens, wherein I would maintain "few," as in like 2 in a million, or something roughly along those lines. So, if you are happily singing "when we all get to heaven" right now, then anything else I might have to say would not be appreciated I guess...bc I mean, another valid reply here is "I suppose it usually doesn't happen at all, as Scripture apparently goes to some length to make plain"

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The christian life isn't easy by any stretch. When you believe you now have an enemy. Then there is a struggle with the old man.
I understand what you are saying when you talk about the Christian life, I wonder why that is? Have any thoughts

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that were true then there would be no twice the sons of hell or seven worse spirits I guess.[/QUOTE
What do you think was crucified "in christ" on the cross, something died in Christ?

Also what do you think would cause Paul to use language such as Gal. 2:20,
"I am crucified with Christ."

Did he come to an epiphany! was mind renewal the key! was it time and study! What caused Paul to recognize the cross?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thanks, I'm wondering how we die to self, Paul said you are already dead, Romans 6:6

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

We can reckon ourselves dead, but again that takes us into mind renewal. Crucified in Christ is instantaneous when you believed because of the cross.

God grants us a visitation for an experience of the cross....so that we are out of the way....stuck to a wall as it were. So HE does the crucifying of the outer natural man in us. This is beyond what we can do. He does this in a spiritual event... by the operation of God. He is the doctor....we are the patient.

Even though most people won't get this...there are 2 ways that God operates strength in us. One is to fill us with His Spirit...and the other is to take away our own strength through the power of the cross. From there we realize our weakness and cry our to God....that is unless He has already filled us with Himself.

Reactions: soul man

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
What do you think was crucified "in christ" on the cross, something died in Christ?

Also what do you think would cause Paul to use language such as Gal. 2:20,
"I am crucified with Christ."

Did he come to an epiphany! was mind renewal the key! was it time and study! What caused Paul to recognize the cross?
Well, those are interesting questions, granted, but they are not addressing my post?
Anyway, by way of reply, apparently Paul had an epiphany, yes. But I'm not sure it's very fair to compare Paul to most believers today, no matter how much a believer might like to?

How might you even compare our model of salvation with Paul's epiphany? By stating that your ego is automatically crucified when you say the right words in a certain building? Or when you say you "believe" a certain thing? I don't think Paul was testifying of himself there, like most ppl read

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, those are interesting questions, granted, but they are not addressing my post?
Anyway, by way of reply, apparently Paul had an epiphany, yes. But I'm not sure it's very fair to compare Paul to most believers today, no matter how much a believer might like to?

How might you even compare our model of salvation with Paul's epiphany? By stating that your ego is automatically crucified when you say the right words in a certain building? Or when you say you "believe" a certain thing? I don't think Paul was testifying of himself there, like most ppl read

Yea true and I agree but you know we have the same teacher (the HolySpirit) as paul did, so I just have to wonder what is going on in Christianity.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Yea true and I agree but you know we have the same teacher (the HolySpirit) as paul did, so I just have to wonder what is going on in Christianity.
Ah, ya. Well, the heir is under servants until he inherits I guess, which imo turns out to be like a contrary way to say that when you are on the run from the authorities with a price on your head, like Paul, you maybe come to understand the value of life, more abundantly

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God grants us a visitation for an experience of the cross....so that we are out of the way....stuck to a wall as it were. So HE does the crucifying of the outer natural man in us. This is beyond what we can do. He does this in a spiritual event... by the operation of God. He is the doctor....we are the patient.

Even though most people won't get this...there are 2 ways that God operates strength in us. One is to fill us with His Spirit...and the other is to take away our own strength through the power of the cross. From there we realize our weakness and cry our to God....that is unless He has already filled us with Himself.

Where do you get all the nonsense from? Gnosticism?