The Left Behind Series

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

6stringedsignseeker

Mar 10, 2010
Fort Worth, Texas
I am sure the books are really good. I won't have time to read them though, but I just got all three movies today. I am not sure that makes me qualified to speak on them though.

Jesus is Lord.
The movies are good....especially when you get to the third one ( I own them as well) but there are some things different than in the books. The problem with the movies is there was a  fight for the movie rights between Tim Lahaye and Cloud 10 pictures. Turns out Tim Lahaye wants to do the movies himself sooooo.... the Left Behind movies are on hold for now. Good news is, if Lahaye doesn't make a movie within a certain amount of time Cloud 10 recovers the rights and can continue making more movies.  :D

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
That is my point!!!!! I post them, and they get a couple responses, some blast me, then they fade away into the pile.

:)

Jesus Is Lord.

Believe it or not,, I think the reason those posts don't get much action is fear. Many people even Christians are absolutely horrified when someone is healed especially when laying on hands.

Either that or they don't believe in that type of stuff, and the rest have no idea what to think about it.

I for one fall under all of those categories. I'm afraid to make a decision or a judgement of what I saw was real or a trick. I'm afraid that I'll be blaspheming if I say it's fake, and yet it was actually God. I believe it can happen, yet I'm not completely sure that it does happen, (atleast regularly anyway).

There's so many emotions going on about all of this and it's a real touchy subject and it's a super tough subject.

Unlike a debate about a rapture, or some symbolic meaning in the Bible or debating the laws of Moses or the Sabbath. Sometimes people feel the genuine need to be right. I used to be one of them. I'd debate the rapture till I was blue in the face and poking myself in the eye with rage LOL.

One thing I've learned is this,,, If there is a false teacher like Todd Bently, and someone does get healed,,, well, it wasn't a demon and it wasn't Mr. Bently that did it. God decided to heal that person, and it was definately God.

Another thing, is,, If there is a Rapture,,, great! All of us who are in Christ will be raptured up and wont see any suffering in the tribulations. However,,, if there isn't a Rapture,, well, shoot me in the foot, It's gonna get crazy. However, those who believed in Rapture will surely understand completely.

It's a moot point IMHO to even discuss this. We all know the ending is all those who are in Christ will be with him,, period. We all know the Holy Spirit will show us what we need to know when we need to know it. If we life our life and don't believe in Rapture, our end result is the same as if we lived our whole life saying there isn't a Rapture.

This whole rapture issue runs the gammit of emotions same as healing. Most of it is fear. Alot of people are afraid they'll be zapped up, or everyone else will and they wont. I used to be that way too.

Both of these subjects bring out the same emotions as the other, It's kinda funny that way.

One thing I want to know about this Rapture Issue is,, What is the point of us debating it? Are we understanding anything more? Is anyone swayed from one idea to another? Even if they are what's the benifit for them?

Can't we just say,, "I believe in Rapture, or I don't believe in Rapture" ? Then we can shake hands and talk about deeply meaningful things.

Great explaination on Hebrews BTW,,,

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Glory to God Whiteknuckle..................

I never considered that the rejection of God's Will to heal, and actual healing Miracles would be based on fear............. I know it's not all based on fear, but you made a very good point.

Your right though, After Jesus said you shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover in Mark 16, further down it says that the Lord went with them and comfirmed the Word with signs following............ Who did? The Lord.............

There is a Doctrine out there and branches that somehow give us some inner faith that produces miracles............ All faith does is recieve what God has. God is the healer....... not any man, and if God uses someone in that area, it was all God.

One thing I want to know about this Rapture Issue is,, What is the point of us debating it? Are we understanding anything more? Is anyone swayed from one idea to another? Even if they are what's the benifit for them?

Ummm. If I say there is not point, then I am accused of not wanting the truth. If I debate, then who's mind did I change?

Several scriptures make it clear though, we escape the wrath to come, Rapture or no Rapture. Your right, it's a emotional situation that gets a lot of folks upset.

Thank you for this insight and post Whiteknuckle...... It has blessed me.

Jesus Is Lord.