"the lesser evil"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consider whether God would want you to place your stamp of approval on any evil. "The lesser evil" is a concept straight out of the occult.

What the cult does to a child who is born in is to present them with 2 evil choices, and force them to choose.... do I put the knife into the heart of this baby, or (if I don't) they will torture the baby in front of me and then kill it. Which one would a terrified child do?? What if you were a 10 yr old girl and this was your own baby? :( Which evil choice do you choose??

The cult is great at double binds! Choosing "the lesser evil" is one of the BIGGEST cult tricks ...to get people to agree with and choose evil.

Reactions: Livingstone

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, if I’m sitting in a voting booth and both options are trash....

Or a million other times where all available options are just trash.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Consider whether God would want you to place your stamp of approval on any evil. "The lesser evil" is a concept straight out of the occult.

What the cult does to a child who is born in is to present them with 2 evil choices, and force them to choose.... do I put the knife into the heart of this baby, or (if I don't) they will torture the baby in front of me and then kill it. Which one would a terrified child do?? What if you were a 10 yr old girl and this was your own baby? :( Which evil choice do you choose??

The cult is great at double binds! Choosing "the lesser evil" is one of the BIGGEST cult tricks ...to get people to agree with and choose evil.
@TLHKAJ I really don't understand the argument whereby ppl are supposedly obliged to choose between "the lesser of two evils". If the believer simply keeps separate, "looking unto Jesus" (Hebrews 12.2), and then it's best just to leave others to be responsible for their own (misguided) actions.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@TLHKAJ I really don't understand the argument whereby ppl are supposedly obliged to choose between "the lesser of two evils". If the believer simply keeps separate, "looking unto Jesus" (Hebrews 12.2), and then it's best just to leave others to be responsible for their own (misguided) actions.
If you don't understand my point (which is very clear, tbh) then it's perfectly okay to move on. :) Those who have ears to hear will hear.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Between a rock and hard place? Jesus was willing to walk alone rather than to bend or compromise at all. Are we to like the Republicans or the Democrats or like Jesus?

"From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?" John 6:66-67

If the 12, his closest followers had gone away, would he not have moved on forward alone?

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

EarlyMarksman

Aug 26, 2020
Alabama
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a pretty severe comparison.....one that doesn't make a whole lot of sense in my opinion. The difference between voting for a man who loves abortion, homosexuality, hates guns, wants to raise taxes on everyone, etc. or voting for a man who is a little bit more for what Christians stand for, doesn't compare well in my mind to an occult practice like the one you described.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take it or leave it ...it's still 2 evil choices. (Not that votes decide a presidency anyway, but the nation is so divided over this.)

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Take it or leave it ...it's still 2 evil choices. (Not that votes decide a presidency anyway, but the nation is so divided over this.)
why feel pressured? ... isn't part of their trick to apply pressure, to take away your power to not make poor choices?.....to get agitated even violent when it doesn't go ones way......to justify further martial law?

Jesus could have called ten thousand angels.....he chose to die instead.

I have self defence capabilities....will I ever choose to use them because I'm goaded to....I sincerely hope not.

Reactions: amadeus and TLHKAJ