The Lie Surrounding Gender

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the earliest relationship you can think of?
Adam and Eve?
How about the Trinity?
The Father,
The Son,
And The Holy Ghost.

You may ask what the Trinity has to do with gender? A lot actually. Sin did not originate with us. It began with Satan. It began on a cosmic level. The bible is an introduction to the Creator and His redemptive plan for His entire creation, reaching beyond man. The bible is not male centered. Nor is it female centered. It is Christ centered. We must view it centered around a savior and King. On display in the first two chapters of Genesis is, not solely the creation of man, but the work of the Trinity: The Father, the Son, and the Spirit. Each, having a vital role in creation. Each working in Unisom. This is important to understand if we are to understand how the Father, the Son, and the Spirit relate and interact together in perfect harmony. Harmony is sometimes difficult to understand since rooted in us all is something ugly called rivalry. But there is no competition or rivalry between the Father, the Son, and the Spirit.

Christ prayer to the Father in John 17 showcases this union so perfectly. His prayer also gives us clear insight to something we make complex…the Godhead: Father, Son, and Spirit.

“And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.”

“And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:”

Considering the Son’s Words, it is not confusing for the church to function as one body, although we are many different members—each part performing functions that contribute to the whole. God’s design for the church: equipping her with gifts meant for the edification of the whole body.

There is only love, respect, and trust within the Trinity. It is interesting how these three embody the very essence of what marriage should be, when it functions by God’s design and not by our own design. Love, respect, and trust. How many marriages today could be described as quarrelsome? How many have become a rivalry of titles and gender functions. Our ideas about marriage and partnership are often built off something other than love, respect, and trust. This is not the way God ordained relationship to work and He should know, since God is relationship. God is the source and origin of all relationships: Father. Mother. Daughter. Son. Bride. Husband. Woman. Man. The Brethren. Shouldn’t we strive to follow the One that knows and understands relationship in a way we never will? We are the ones that make it ugly by reducing The Trinity to a mere competition by arguing the deity of Christ, and most often the very existence of the Trinity.

We error in doing the same thing with the sanctity of marriage. Reducing it to our own small view of the world when an all-knowing God gave us the blue prints for successful relationships: within our home and with the brethren.

Christ and the Body

Genesis 2:18-20 is the first mention of the authority given to Man, symbolizing the authority to be given over to Christ—God the Father, the Son, and the Spirit all working in perfect harmony to display the redemptive glory of a Holy Creator.

“And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. And out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof. And Adam gave names to all the cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him. And the Lord God cause a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto man. And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. –Genesis 2:18-20

“Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let no man put asunder.”—Matthew 19:6

And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto man.

“But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.”—John 19:34

Christ side was pierced, out of pierced flesh flowed forth—water and blood. What a beautiful and heartbreaking picture. Those from the old testament looked forward unto the Cross. The prophets of old prophesied about the ultimate sacrifice to come; that is where they pinned their faith, ahead, on Jesus. The church looks back on a mere carpenter’s son. Christ sets gently under the text, suspended within every word of the old testament, hidden and obscured until His ultimate unveiling in the new testament. The Father Himself put Christ on display…on the cross—broken and crushed—not by man but by The Father. Forsaken.

“But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.”—John 19:34

A new Jerusalem is born. A promise made to Abraham. “It is finished.” A Jerusalem, not inherited by flesh and blood…but by spirit. A supernatural birth given to Sarah although her womb was dead. I have often wondered, why a rib? Could the placement of the rib be significant?

No one can convince me that there is no Trinity, when God is present in His Word, Christ is clearly demonstrated throughout all scripture (Old and New Testament, and scripture is the inspired Word of God given by the Spirit: There you have the Trinity working in perfect harmony.

Satan is the origin and Father of the battle of the sexes. And sadly, he has seriously confused us. For one thing, he has convinced the world—that a strong man, a man of authority carries certain admirable traits: he is cocky, arrogant, and self-indulgent. That may offend but refer to what the world says is a sought-after man. And women, Satan has convinced us that “women’s rights” means picketing by carrying a sign that says “the world would be a better place if Mary would have had an abortion”. I realize both of these examples come from the world and we are called to be different, but how often does the world's trash filter in? Where have we went so wrong at how we define strength? Where did Satan begin the destruction of our family? Who cares for our children? No wonder they are rebelling. Our children are angry and disappointed; just like we all seem to be shouting disappointment also(unsaid but implied by our actions). But shouldn’t we be repenting, instead of attacking? Or blending?

“Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies.” Proverbs 31

Am I offended at what scripture says about a woman? No.

Did I use to be? Greatly.

Do I struggle with following the blue print? Absolutely. But I can see and value His beautiful design for relationship between a husband and wife and how they should demonstrate Christ and His church.

Does it bother me that scripture says I shouldn’t speak out loud in church but rather learn at home from my husband? No. There are times when the church should remain silent also and listen, learning from Christ at home also.

Am I offended that scripture says for my husband to give me honor by treating me as if I am the weaker vessel? No. Who did Christ come for… the weak, His church.

Does it bother me that I am not supposed to take on the role of Pastor or that my husband has headship and authority over me? Or that there is never an incident in scripture where God’s Word supports a woman assuming authority over a man? No. I can only refer to three examples which are more examples of what not to do: Eve, Jezebel, and the Harlot spoken of in the book of Revelation.

Likewise, the Church is given no authority over Christ but is called to be submissive.

Called to be:
Not a brawling woman in a wide house
Not a contentious and angry woman
​Not a quarrelsome woman
​Not a clamorous woman
​Not an adulterous woman
​But a woman that feareth the Lord.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
VictoryinJesus

But God is masculine. Father and Son and Holy Spirit.

We are masculine or feminine due to God's decision. We are masculine or feminine in our physical bodies because our spirit is either masculine or feminine. This is the great perversion of the 'transgender'. No matter what they make themselves to be by their false beliefs and physical operations, their spirit is not changed. It is either masculine or feminine. And if they changed their body to be opposite that which they were born, then they are a constant contradiction. Their spirit has not changed. They are an absolute mess.

Stranger

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
VictoryinJesus

We are masculine or feminine due to God's decision. We are masculine or feminine in our physical bodies because our spirit is either masculine or feminine. This is the great perversion of the 'transgender'. No matter what they make themselves to be by their false beliefs and physical operations, their spirit is not changed. It is either masculine or feminine. And if they changed their body to be opposite that which they were born, then they are a constant contradiction. Their spirit has not changed. They are an absolute mess.

Stranger
Although I have empathy and compassion for anyone struggling with gender identity and their family, His word confirms anything against the will of God will not bring peace.

I have been praying to understand masculine, feminine, and neutered. But still I remain confused. Yes, God is masculine. Yes, the Son is masculine. But the concordance says the Spirit is neutered? What is the church: masculine, feminine, neutered? Since she is the bride?

And is the bride Israel? Or is the bride the church? To me it is a risk to exclude Israel, or to exclude the church as the bride. I would rather define the bride of Christ as Galatians 4:31 says: So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
VictoryinJesus said:
Although I have empathy and compassion for anyone struggling with gender identity and their family, His word confirms anything against the will of God will not bring peace.

I have been praying to understand masculine, feminine, and neutered. But still I remain confused. Yes, God is masculine. Yes, the Son is masculine. But the concordance says the Spirit is neutered? What is the church: masculine, feminine, neutered? Since she is the bride?

And is the bride Israel? Or is the bride the church? To me it is a risk to exclude Israel, or to exclude the church as the bride. I would rather define the bride of Christ as Galatians 4:31 says: So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.
I have no sympathy with anyone claiming to struggle with gender identity. We are who we are because God made us that way. And He makes no mistakes. We are masculine or feminine because our spirit is masculine or feminine. That will never change throughout eternity.

In relationship to God the Father, Israel is a bride and wife. In relationship to Christ who is the Son, the Church is a bride in waiting at this time. This does not change the individuals distinction of being male or female.

Stranger

Jan 19, 2017
USA, FL
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I basically agree with the Bible except for the more outrageous parts. Women were treated with respect by the Lord. There were female prophets, or prophetesses. Maybe traditional male and female roles are best. I am a girl, very girly. I like to dress up pretty, but I wear pretty pants and jeans as well as dresses and skirts. I like flowers, cute cuddly animals, rainbows, sunsets, nice clothes, old fashion pretty clothes, Victorian interior
design, romantic, sweet stories. Bible movies and stories. Birds, butterflies. I like pretty feminine stuff.

People who have transgender problems and gays need mental and spiritual help.

Ok, I have been a complete idiot, sinner, and rebellious against the Lord. Sometime I get bursts of feminism. I saw Elizabeth Warren with Coretta Scott King's letter on the news and it upset me. Really I hate politics and I do not like Trump. I am not sure Hilary would make a good president either. I think maybe Christians should sate out of politics. I will stay out of politics from now on. I repent of what it says above. I think I should take every thought captive to the Lord. Excellent Bible verse. I should not go with whatever's popular but with what is right. Being 'meek' is not at all cool these days but Jesus said the meek shall inherit the earth.

perhaps this is why I don't have a boyfriend, no candidates for marriage, I must first be willing to submit to God if I am going to submit to a husband. Please forgive me. I think modern day feminism is devilishly inspired. I don't like the 'masculine' characters in popular movies. I want a kind, gentle, faithful, God-fearing man, honest caring, compassionate, loves the Lord more than anything, who is also creative and artistic, has a good sense of humor.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
waterlilyoflife

Please evaluate what you just said. You said you basically agree with the Bible except for the more outrageous parts. Thus what you are saying, is that you agree with the Bible when it agrees with you.

Thus the Bible is nothing but your philosophy or world view. The Bible, to you, is not the Word of God.

Stranger

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
waterlilyoflife said:
I basically agree with the Bible except for the more outrageous parts. Women were treated with respect by the Lord. There were female prophets, or prophetesses. Maybe traditional male and female roles are best. I am a girl, very girly. I like to dress up pretty, but I wear pretty pants and jeans as well as dresses and skirts. I like flowers, cute cuddly animals, rainbows, sunsets, nice clothes, old fashion pretty clothes, Victorian interior
design, romantic, sweet stories. Bible movies and stories. Birds, butterflies. I like pretty feminine stuff.

People who have transgender problems and gays need mental and spiritual help.

Ok, I have been a complete idiot, sinner, and rebellious against the Lord. Sometime I get bursts of feminism. I saw Elizabeth Warren with Coretta Scott King's letter on the news and it upset me. Really I hate politics and I do not like Trump. I am not sure Hilary would make a good president either. I think maybe Christians should sate out of politics. I will stay out of politics from now on. I repent of what it says above. I think I should take every thought captive to the Lord. Excellent Bible verse. I should not go with whatever's popular but with what is right. Being 'meek' is not at all cool these days but Jesus said the meek shall inherit the earth.

perhaps this is why I don't have a boyfriend, no candidates for marriage, I must first be willing to submit to God if I am going to submit to a husband. Please forgive me. I think modern day feminism is devilishly inspired. I don't like the 'masculine' characters in popular movies. I want a kind, gentle, faithful, God-fearing man, honest caring, compassionate, loves the Lord more than anything, who is also creative and artistic, has a good sense of humor.
Search the scriptures. Don't go read everyone else's commentary. Search the scriptures. He wants to have a relationship with you.

"For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God." 1 Corinthians 2

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John 8 32

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=medium]I am sorry, I feel it necessary to respond further since I am the one that started this post. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Stranger: It wasn’t until this morning that I fully understood your first comment. [/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]I am not suggesting we lay aside gender and deny who we are; I am suggesting the exact opposite. What I am suggesting, and praying for is this: that people can lay aside the need to defend or argue their gender role and fully embrace who they are, who God made them to be. What I am suggesting is: when a person bulks up at God because of pain and lies thrust upon them throughout life, they grieve the Spirit and display no interest in hearing what God truly has to say about gender, they only want to argue their point out of an area of soul wounds. What I am suggesting is that we heed to the one that is the origin of: father, mother, daughter, son, woman, and man. Which leads me into commenting on a person that struggles with gender identity. Whether you feel it is a legitimate struggle or not they are still confused by the messages life has thrust upon them and like anyone else suffering with identity, my prayer is that they could approach God’s Word without a need to attack, argue, or pull out what does not suit them but truly hear what God has to say about gender. With any sin someone struggles with, sin is sin, all of it is bondage…we can have compassion for the person without approving of the sin. I do not agree with sin being celebrated. I have a daughter that has been addicted to heroin for five years. She has abandoned her eight-year-old son. She is—like you described transgender—a mess. She cannot hear a word that comes from her father or me because we are triggers and as a result, she has completely slammed the door on us. We have not seen her for a year. I read in one of your comments in another thread advice to “turn them over to satan”. It may sound unloving to others, but that has been our prayer for our daughter. That is our only hope. That is a gut-wrenching prayer to give to God but so many OD and her addiction is beyond our control. Our prayers are that God will extend mercy, grace, and forgiveness and life to her. That is my cry as a mother. This may very well come through God putting someone in our daughter’s path that will point her to Christ and Christ will led her out of bondage. That can’t happen if everyone approaches our daughter as unworthy. We love the person, but hate the sin. It hurts. But we can’t repair this. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Waterlilyoflife: I have been where you are; questioning the “outrageousness of certain scriptures” but found questioning scripture I did not agree with belittled my faith in God and promoted doubt in Him. If you are going to accept one passage, you must accept all. It has been my experience that God can heal this area of your life and the Spirit can lead—through scripture—you into full confidence in what God says to be the absolute truth, even when we may not understand it. It is a slow process because the Spirit gives insight and understanding into God’s Word at a pace with which the person can handle. Jesus said: I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. He knows when we are ready to walk further. Regarding your comment on rape and abuse to women in the bible I ask you to consider and pray over the verses that offend you. It was necessary for the Lord to order the lepers be put outside of the camp to fully demonstrate uncleanness and sin. Same with the rape. Fornication. Adultery. Rebellion. Vanity. Rejection of Him. He had to show the complete depravity of man. But underneath those brutal accounts that clearly demonstrate a fallen world, there is also the redemptive plan of Christ. I ask you to read Numbers 5:11-31:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“11 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]And the Lord[/SIZE] spake unto Moses, saying,
[SIZE=12pt]12 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, If any man's wife go aside, and commit a trespass against him,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]13 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]And a man lie with her carnally, and it be hid from the eyes of her husband, and be kept close, and she be defiled, and there be no witness against her, neither she be taken with the manner;[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]14 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]And the spirit of jealousy come upon him, and he be jealous of his wife, and she be defiled: or if the spirit of jealousy come upon him, and he be jealous of his wife, and she be not defiled:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]15 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Then shall the man bring his wife unto the priest, and he shall bring her offering for her, the tenth part of an ephah of barley meal; he shall pour no oil upon it, nor put frankincense thereon; for it is an offering of jealousy, an offering of memorial, bringing iniquity to remembrance.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]16 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]And the priest shall bring her near, and set her before the Lord[/SIZE]:
[SIZE=12pt]17 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]And the priest shall take holy water in an earthen vessel; and of the dust that is in the floor of the tabernacle the priest shall take, and put it into the water:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]18 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]And the priest shall set the woman before the Lord[/SIZE], and uncover the woman's head, and put the offering of memorial in her hands, which is the jealousy offering: and the priest shall have in his hand the bitter water that causeth the curse:
[SIZE=12pt]19 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]And the priest shall charge her by an oath, and say unto the woman, If no man have lain with thee, and if thou hast not gone aside to uncleanness with another instead of thy husband, be thou free from this bitter water that causeth the curse:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]20 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]But if thou hast gone aside to another instead of thy husband, and if thou be defiled, and some man have lain with thee beside thine husband:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]21 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Then the priest shall charge the woman with an oath of cursing, and the priest shall say unto the woman, The Lord[/SIZE] make thee a curse and an oath among thy people, when the Lord doth make thy thigh to rot, and thy belly to swell;
[SIZE=12pt]22 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]And this water that causeth the curse shall go into thy bowels, to make thy belly to swell, and thy thigh to rot: And the woman shall say, Amen, amen.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]23 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]And the priest shall write these curses in a book, and he shall blot them out with the bitter water:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]24 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]And he shall cause the woman to drink the bitter water that causeth the curse: and the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]25 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Then the priest shall take the jealousy offering out of the woman's hand, and shall wave the offering before the Lord[/SIZE], and offer it upon the altar:
[SIZE=12pt]26 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]And the priest shall take an handful of the offering, even the memorial thereof, and burn it upon the altar, and afterward shall cause the woman to drink the water.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]27 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]And when he hath made her to drink the water, then it shall come to pass, that, if she be defiled, and have done trespass against her husband, that the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter, and her belly shall swell, and her thigh shall rot: and the woman shall be a curse among her people.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]28 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]And if the woman be not defiled, but be clean; then she shall be free, and shall conceive seed.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]29 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]This is the law of jealousies, when a wife goeth aside to another instead of her husband, and is defiled;[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]30 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Or when the spirit of jealousy cometh upon him, and he be jealous over his wife, and shall set the woman before the Lord[/SIZE], and the priest shall execute upon her all this law.
[SIZE=12pt]31 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Then shall the man be guiltless from iniquity, and this woman shall bear her iniquity.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]It is about Christ. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]And the priest shall write these curses in a book, and he shall blot them out with the bitter water:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]24 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]And he shall cause the woman to drink the bitter water that causeth the curse: and the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]“And he cried unto the Lord; and the Lord shewed him a tree, which when he had cast into the waters, the waters were made sweet: there he made for them a statute and an ordinance, and there he proved them,” Exodus 15:25 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]The tree is the Lord. He makes the bitter sweet. Jesus became the bitter water—the curse—in our place if we will accept the ransom paid, but He is also the sweet. [/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Don’t forget that in the old testament: the lepers are put outside the camp. New Testament: Christ heals them. In the old testament: the adulterous woman is stoned. New testament: Christ extends love and forgiveness to her. He came for the sinner. We can’t take out what we don’t like. If we do, it is still there. He is still God. Nothing about Him changes. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]“And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.” Luke 4:4[/SIZE]

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
VictoryinJesus

Our God is a God of love and mercy. And there is no place where we can fall that He is not there, ready to help. Ready to deliver. I pray for your daughter that He deliver her from the bondage she is in. I pray that she make the decision for Christ while on this side, the time of salvation. If she has already made that decision, I pray God deliver her from the sins that are destroying her.

God hears your prayers. It doesn't matter how angry she may be with you. She cannot stop your prayers...and cannot stop God from answering your prayers. Keep praying sister.

Stranger

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
VictoryinJesus, I enjoyed your thread. Thank you for posting and sharing a little bit of your struggles here as well. I will be praying for your daughter. Bless you! :25rji92: and welcome to CyB :wave_smiley14:

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Stranger said:
waterlilyoflife

Please evaluate what you just said. You said you basically agree with the Bible except for the more outrageous parts. Thus what you are saying, is that you agree with the Bible when it agrees with you.

Thus the Bible is nothing but your philosophy or world view. The Bible, to you, is not the Word of God.

Stranger
The bible contains scriptures, the bible testifies of the Word, but it is not the word of God.

Reactions: junobet

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Stranger said:
VictoryinJesus

Stranger
God is beyond gender, but the author has to write something so he gives him a gender. Even so, he illustrates that he is still beyond gender with this line: "27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." Men and women were originally both created in God's image as one. These distinctions disappear in God's kingdom.

Reactions: junobet

heavenforbid

Feb 9, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
VictoryinJesus said:
What is the earliest relationship you can think of?
Adam and Eve?
How about the Trinity?
The Father,
The Son,
And The Holy Ghost.

You may ask what the Trinity has to do with gender? A lot actually. Sin did not originate with us. It began with Satan. It began on a cosmic level. The bible is an introduction to the Creator and His redemptive plan for His entire creation, reaching beyond man. The bible is not male centered. Nor is it female centered. It is Christ centered. We must view it centered around a savior and King. On display in the first two chapters of Genesis is, not solely the creation of man, but the work of the Trinity: The Father, the Son, and the Spirit. Each, having a vital role in creation. Each working in Unisom. This is important to understand if we are to understand how the Father, the Son, and the Spirit relate and interact together in perfect harmony. Harmony is sometimes difficult to understand since rooted in us all is something ugly called rivalry. But there is no competition or rivalry between the Father, the Son, and the Spirit.

Christ prayer to the Father in John 17 showcases this union so perfectly. His prayer also gives us clear insight to something we make complex…the Godhead: Father, Son, and Spirit.

“And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.”

“And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:”

Considering the Son’s Words, it is not confusing for the church to function as one body, although we are many different members—each part performing functions that contribute to the whole. God’s design for the church: equipping her with gifts meant for the edification of the whole body.

There is only love, respect, and trust within the Trinity. It is interesting how these three embody the very essence of what marriage should be, when it functions by God’s design and not by our own design. Love, respect, and trust. How many marriages today could be described as quarrelsome? How many have become a rivalry of titles and gender functions. Our ideas about marriage and partnership are often built off something other than love, respect, and trust. This is not the way God ordained relationship to work and He should know, since God is relationship. God is the source and origin of all relationships: Father. Mother. Daughter. Son. Bride. Husband. Woman. Man. The Brethren. Shouldn’t we strive to follow the One that knows and understands relationship in a way we never will? We are the ones that make it ugly by reducing The Trinity to a mere competition by arguing the deity of Christ, and most often the very existence of the Trinity.

We error in doing the same thing with the sanctity of marriage. Reducing it to our own small view of the world when an all-knowing God gave us the blue prints for successful relationships: within our home and with the brethren.

Christ and the Body

Genesis 2:18-20 is the first mention of the authority given to Man, symbolizing the authority to be given over to Christ—God the Father, the Son, and the Spirit all working in perfect harmony to display the redemptive glory of a Holy Creator.

“And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. And out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof. And Adam gave names to all the cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him. And the Lord God cause a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto man. And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. –Genesis 2:18-20

“Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let no man put asunder.”—Matthew 19:6

And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto man.

Christ side was pierced, out of pierced flesh flowed forth—water and blood. What a beautiful and heartbreaking picture. Those from the old testament looked forward unto the Cross. The prophets of old prophesied about the ultimate sacrifice to come; that is where they pinned their faith, ahead, on Jesus. The church looks back on a mere carpenter’s son. Christ sets gently under the text, suspended within every word of the old testament, hidden and obscured until His ultimate unveiling in the new testament. The Father Himself put Christ on display…on the cross—broken and crushed—not by man but by The Father. Forsaken.

A new Jerusalem is born. A promise made to Abraham. “It is finished.” A Jerusalem, not inherited by flesh and blood…but by spirit. A supernatural birth given to Sarah although her womb was dead. I have often wondered, why a rib? Could the placement of the rib be significant?

No one can convince me that there is no Trinity, when God is present in His Word, Christ is clearly demonstrated throughout all scripture (Old and New Testament, and scripture is the inspired Word of God given by the Spirit: There you have the Trinity working in perfect harmony.

Satan is the origin and Father of the battle of the sexes. And sadly, he has seriously confused us. For one thing, he has convinced the world—that a strong man, a man of authority carries certain admirable traits: he is cocky, arrogant, and self-indulgent. That may offend but refer to what the world says is a sought-after man. And women, Satan has convinced us that “women’s rights” means picketing by carrying a sign that says “the world would be a better place if Mary would have had an abortion”. I realize both of these examples come from the world and we are called to be different, but how often does the world's trash filter in? Where have we went so wrong at how we define strength? Where did Satan begin the destruction of our family? Who cares for our children? No wonder they are rebelling. Our children are angry and disappointed; just like we all seem to be shouting disappointment also(unsaid but implied by our actions). But shouldn’t we be repenting, instead of attacking? Or blending?

“Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies.” Proverbs 31

Am I offended at what scripture says about a woman? No.

Did I use to be? Greatly.

Do I struggle with following the blue print? Absolutely. But I can see and value His beautiful design for relationship between a husband and wife and how they should demonstrate Christ and His church.

Does it bother me that scripture says I shouldn’t speak out loud in church but rather learn at home from my husband? No. There are times when the church should remain silent also and listen, learning from Christ at home also.

Am I offended that scripture says for my husband to give me honor by treating me as if I am the weaker vessel? No. Who did Christ come for… the weak, His church.

Does it bother me that I am not supposed to take on the role of Pastor or that my husband has headship and authority over me? Or that there is never an incident in scripture where God’s Word supports a woman assuming authority over a man? No. I can only refer to three examples which are more examples of what not to do: Eve, Jezebel, and the Harlot spoken of in the book of Revelation.

Likewise, the Church is given no authority over Christ but is called to be submissive.

Called to be:
Not a brawling woman in a wide house
Not a contentious and angry woman
​Not a quarrelsome woman
​Not a clamorous woman
​Not an adulterous woman
​But a woman that feareth the Lord.
I really tried to read that through, but I'm sorry I couldn't keep up with your thinking. I wish you could have refined your post, and kept it simple.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
shnarkle said:
God is beyond gender, but the author has to write something so he gives him a gender. Even so, he illustrates that he is still beyond gender with this line: "27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." Men and women were originally both created in God's image as one. These distinctions disappear in God's kingdom.
The Author, God, didn't have to write anything. He didn't have to create gender in man and woman. He did so because He is masculine. Man was created masculine because God is masculine. There is nothing to indicate these distinctions should disappear.

Stranger

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger and Angelina, Thank you for prayer for our daughter.

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The Author, God, didn't have to write anything.
Yep, that's why he got Moses to do it. Although Moses himself states that the commandments were etched into stone "by the finger of God". So while He didn't have to do it himself, he chose to do it himself.

He didn't have to create gender in man and woman. He did so because He is masculine.
Really? Where did you get this theory from?

Man was created masculine because God is masculine.
"Man" refers to humanity, e.g. "male and female, created he them"

There is nothing to indicate these distinctions should disappear.

Stranger
These distinctions do disappear in the kingdom. There is no slave or free, rich or poor, Jew or Gentile, etc.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
shnarkle said:
Yep, that's why he got Moses to do it. Although Moses himself states that the commandments were etched into stone "by the finger of God". So while He didn't have to do it himself, he chose to do it himself.

Really? Where did you get this theory from?

"Man" refers to humanity, e.g. "male and female, created he them"

These distinctions do disappear in the kingdom. There is no slave or free, rich or poor, Jew or Gentile, etc.
The Author is God irregardless of who He used as a writer.

I get it from this old book I got, called the Bible. Where do you get yours?

God created male and female. But God is masculine. The man is made in the image of God. The woman comes from the man. Jesus Christ is the 'express' image of God. (Heb.1:3) Jesus Christ was a man.

There may not be slave or free, but there will be men and women.

Stranger

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The Author is God irregardless of who He used as a writer.

I get it from this old book I got, called the Bible. Where do you get yours?

God created male and female. But God is masculine. The man is made in the image of God. The woman comes from the man. Jesus Christ is the 'express' image of God. (Heb.1:3) Jesus Christ was a man.

There may not be slave or free, but there will be men and women.

Stranger
Yeah, sure. And they'll be giving and taking in marriage as well...

Elohim is a plural masculine noun, but can also be a singular feminine. The attributes of Elohim are both masculine and feminine. That's from the original manuscripts in case you're wondering. This isn't contested by any Hebrew scholar, Sage, etc. Oh, and everyone is free in the kingdom. God's kingdom isn't a patriarchal one like the kingdoms of this world. I seriously doubt that God will be flashing his genitalia at you so you can be reassured of his masculinity. Hope that isn't going to be too much of a disappointment for you. There won't be any heterosexuals or homosexuals either. I'm sure the absence of the latter will be reassuring, but not the former. Perhaps this is where the popularity of the term "broken" comes from? When we get to the kingdom we'll all be "fixed".

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
shnarkle said:
Yeah, sure. And they'll be giving and taking in marriage as well...

Elohim is a plural masculine noun, but can also be a singular feminine. The attributes of Elohim are both masculine and feminine. That's from the original manuscripts in case you're wondering. This isn't contested by any Hebrew scholar, Sage, etc. Oh, and everyone is free in the kingdom. God's kingdom isn't a patriarchal one like the kingdoms of this world. I seriously doubt that God will be flashing his genitalia at you so you can be reassured of his masculinity. Hope that isn't going to be too much of a disappointment for you. There won't be any heterosexuals or homosexuals either. I'm sure the absence of the latter will be reassuring, but not the former. Perhaps this is where the popularity of the term "broken" comes from? When we get to the kingdom we'll all be "fixed".
I don't need to be reassured that God is masculine. The Bible says He is.

Oh, and no one is 'free' in the Kingdom.

Stranger