The life of the Lord Jesus...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 4:8-10 (NKJV)
[We are] hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; [we are] perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed -always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

‘pressed on every side....................................that the life of Jesus might be manifested in our body’...

This is the issue at hand; that the life of the Lord Jesus be manifested through us...

Nothing else matters but this, whether we are crushed, persecuted, perplexed, struck down... When we are so confused, when we don’t know, see or understand, when it seems like an argument could be made either way.. When nothing seems to go our way, when we are brought to the edge of the cliff, which is all the bringing of one to the end of themselves...

This is the place of dying to one’s own will.. If this place is maintained and one continues to trust the Lord through this... This, what seems like dying, which it actually is, this, dying to self, which is the carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus... If one will maintain this faith and let the Lord bring them through, though it seems like He slays them... If one keeps trusting God through all this doubt, fear and confusion, a great and glorious time of refreshing is at hand from the Lord...For one will see the fruit of the dying to one’s own will, which will be righteousness being manifested outwardly, and the joy it brings, which is nothing less, than the manifestation of the life of Christ in the life....

Be blessed all in the manifestation of said life..

A fellow believer, Not me

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[We are] hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; [we are] perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed -always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

‘pressed on every side....................................that the life of Jesus might be manifested in our body’...

This is the issue at hand; that the life of the Lord Jesus be manifested through us...

Nothing else matters but this, whether we are crushed, persecuted, perplexed, struck down... When we are so confused, when we don’t know, see or understand, when it seems like an argument could be made either way.. When nothing seems to go our way, when we are brought to the edge of the cliff, which is all the bringing of one to the end of themselves...

This is the place of dying to one’s own will.. If this place is maintained and one continues to trust the Lord through this... This, what seems like dying, which it actually is, this, dying to self, which is the carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus... If one will maintain this faith and let the Lord bring them through, though it seems like He slays them... If one keeps trusting God through all this doubt, fear and confusion, a great and glorious time of refreshing is at hand from the Lord...For one will see the fruit of the dying to one’s own will, which will be righteousness being manifested outwardly, and the joy it brings, which is nothing less, than the manifestation of the life of Christ in the life....

Yes, good post Not me,

"....a great and glorious time of refreshing is at hand from the Lord...For one will see the fruit of the dying to one’s own will,..."

It seems that God works almost when we think we might be at the brink and want to give up. He tests us always, and I am glad for it because it is how our faith grows as we do as well.

"When we are so confused, when we don’t know, see or understand, when it seems like an argument could be made either way.."

Ha! Yes! This God has shown me to back away until He gives me peace about it, one way or another.

In Him bro!
nancy

Reactions: Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“This God has shown me to back away until He gives me peace about it, one way or another.”

As He becomes our all...

There is such life, wisdom and experience with God in this above statement of yours... Would to God we would always abide by such wisdom..

Be blessed as we learn Christ, Not me

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As He becomes our all...

There is such life, wisdom and experience with God in this above statement of yours... Would to God we would always abide by such wisdom..

Be blessed as we learn Christ, Not me

Yes Not Me..."as we "learn" Christ"...Himself and not just "about" Him. We never stop learning and growing. I am not a perfect person, by no means yet I have His joy and His love for others! Amen brother and "thumbs up" :)

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes Not Me..."as we "learn" Christ"...Himself and not just "about" Him. We never stop learning and growing. I am not a perfect person, by no means yet I have His joy and His love for others! Amen brother and "thumbs up" :)

“Not a prefect person” (yet).. :)

But we have the promise from the God of all creation, that one day we will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is... Just the thought puts joy in the heart...

Keep pressing in and I will do likewise... As you said, Oh to know Him more and more and more.. etc..

A fellow servant of His, Not me

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Not a prefect person” (yet).. :)

But we have the promise from the God of all creation, that one day we will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is... Just the thought puts joy in the heart...

Keep pressing in and I will do likewise... As you said, Oh to know Him more and more and more.. etc..

A fellow servant of His, Not me

Yes indeed..."yet" :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@Not me What an assuring passage! :)