The light of the body of Christ is the Spirit of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simple. Jesus is the light of the world and the Holy Spirit is the teacher that will lead us into all truth. When I am studying scripture, I do not ask Jesus what it means, I ask the Holy Spirit to show me the meaning of the words.

As we are to be like Jesus it follows that we are to be light.
It is certainly simple to God and it is also should be simple to us, when and if we have the mind of God, but as we can see by the disagreements occurring on this forum it is not so simple to every man all of the time. To take our next step in the Lord, we need Light, which why without Him we can do nothing. Without Him we cannot see:

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

Reactions: Waiting on him

The wind

Oct 17, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1 Corinthians 2:14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

One's self cannot interpret spiritual things, even if they did have the Spirit of God within them. We cannot use our 'self' to interpret, understand, and know the Truth of spiritual things, for the mind of the self is distorted with issues and agendas for itself. The best we can do is not trust self, but have absolute faith in what we know is true within us, the spirit of God within all human beings. The only way to 'know' the truth is to vacate self from consciousness and have our innermost being take the place of self. Then, and only then, does our consciousness become true. Truth becomes expressed in our thoughts and feelings. In other words, Truth interprets truth, and not by our untrue self. That is why Jesus said:

John 12:49 For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken.

Matthew 10:20 for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.
You don't understand the things you speak.

The wind

Oct 17, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The body of Christ is to be one Spirit and that Spirit being the Spirit of God. If There is one with the spirit of man within the body of Christ the whole body therefore is full of death just because of one. Take heed the scripture says that the spirit that is in thee be not man's.

Matthew 5:29 King James Version (KJV)
29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Whosoever can see these things let him see it.

Invisibilis

Nov 9, 2017
Northern Rivers
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The body of Christ is to be one Spirit and that Spirit being the Spirit of God. If There is one with the spirit of man within the body of Christ the whole body therefore is full of death just because of one. Take heed the scripture says that the spirit that is in thee be not man's.

29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

I was not talking about man's spirit, i.e., self-esteem. I was referring to the spirit of God (the innermost being, the living soul) within the human.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The wind is talking to an invisible guy about spirits......
Or not....

Reactions: Pisteuo

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I don't believe we need concern ourselves with a person with the spirit of man being in the Body of Christ. You are perhaps thinking in terms of a single church group. Within any such church group there may certainly be members of the Body of Christ, for anyone with the Holy Spirit, which is the connection between all of the members and the Head, may be part of the Body. Anyone without that Spirit cannot be because the Life giving Spirit is absent. There are to be no dead parts in the Body of Christ.

The wind

Oct 17, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't believe we need concern ourselves with a person with the spirit of man being in the Body of Christ. You are perhaps thinking in terms of a single church group. Within any such church group there may certainly be members of the Body of Christ, for anyone with the Holy Spirit, which is the connection between all of the members and the Head, may be part of the Body. Anyone without that Spirit cannot be because the Life giving Spirit is absent. There are to be no dead parts in the Body of Christ.
You do not have the Spirit of Christ.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do not have the Spirit of Christ.
"For the body is not one member, but many.
If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?" I Cor 12:14-15

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know you are not anointed.
I believe that I have met you before, but you had a different name at the time. I am surprised you were allowed access again. But... then perhaps you sneaked through entrance by a bit of deception?

No, of course, you would not purposely try to deceive anyone, would you?

The wind

Oct 17, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe that I have met you before, but you had a different name at the time. I am surprised you were allowed access again. But... then perhaps you sneaked through entrance by a bit of deception?

No, of course, you would not purposely try to deceive anyone, would you?

The only deceiver here is you and people like you pretending to be Christians and arguing over doctrine they don't understand.

The wind

Oct 17, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have given you true interpretations in this thread alone that you should be praising Jesus for, but instead you try to challenge it like you do other interprations given by the Spirit. You hypocrites and liars! I did not come here to be taught or corrected by the blind. If I have not the Spirit of God then let Christ look down from above and judge me accordingly, but if I do, let the same be done to all that come against the doctrine I am teaching while calling themselves Christians.

Reactions: GerhardEbersoehn

Invisibilis

Nov 9, 2017
Northern Rivers
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have given you true interpretations in this thread alone that you should be praising Jesus for, but instead you try to challenge it like you do other interprations given by the Spirit. You hypocrites and liars! I did not come here to be taught or corrected by the blind. If I have not the Spirit of God then let Christ look down from above and judge me accordingly, but if I do, let the same be done to all that come against the doctrine I am teaching while calling themselves Christians.
Your display of loving your neighbor is quite conditional, yet you demand unconditional acknowledgement. This type of distortion does not resonate with Truth; but does resonate with NPD.