the lord god protect me from my errors.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was wondering, when you posted this, if you actually thought that this will become a reality
in this person's life? If not, then what was your purpose of even stating it? I would like to understand
why you said it.
I always try to pray in accord with God's will. In Jesus as a man subject to temptations, it was always so... in accord with God's will that is.

Will it ever always be so for any of us? Is Jesus a liar?

Mr 10:27And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.
And then we read here:

1jo 3:2Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
And then here:
Jas 5:16Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
Jesus was certainly a righteous man, so that His prayers were not for naught. How much are any of us already like Him. How much like Him are we becoming?

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was wondering, when you posted this, if you actually thought that this is God's will for it to become a reality
in this person's life? If not, then what was your purpose of even stating it? I would like to understand
why you said it.
Yes, I hope that when a person prays his purpose is doing is right. Even if I do not believe it is right I pray that God will provide understanding in the man about what he is asking. Then in accord with God's will I do ask that it be done.

Sometimes unknowingly people do ask for things outside of, God's will. For example, when it is time for a person we love to die, should we pray for him to live yet a while longer? King Hezekiah did this for himself and I believe he did so in error. Nonetheless God granted his desire.

Then again consider when Jesus prayed in the garden for his cup to be removed [Matt 26:29]. Jesus asked but added the words,

"nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt."

It was God's will for Jesus to suffer and die and so he did.
When we pray do we always know God's will? Most of the time, probably not and so we should, I believe, pray accordingly. Asking for something not in God's will can get us into trouble.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you prayed for that person, did you believe that the Lord God granted you,
your request of Him, and now is going to protect that person from his errors as well as from making any more errors?
No, I had no confirmation one way or the other.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So in reality, you were not asking God in faith, to which is why
I am asking you, why you did it in the first place? I have a pretty good
idea why, but I want to see what you have to say about it?
I would pleased to continue this with you on a discussion forum. I have further comments I could make on the subject, but not on this thread. Thank you.