The Love for Animals

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

janc

Jul 8, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Everyone has probably met someone who has claimed that God has forbidden to eat animal flesh. But the fact that every prophet and every apostle and even God himself in the form of a human being has eaten animal flesh makes this claim nonsensical.
But where does this "love for animals" come from? The answer to this question is idolatry; people seek closeness, but because they cannot get this closeness from people, they seek the closeness of animals instead of the closeness to God, because the closeness of animals is quite easy to get. Thereby they practice idolatry even if they do not notice it themselves, they want to protect animals, they equate animals with human beings, which is a big insult, because human beings are God's image, who says that the human being is an animal makes God an animal, there are even people who put pictures of animals as profile pictures who touch the holy book, there are people who sleep in the same bed with dogs, eat from the same plate with dogs... as if the animal was a human being; and do not forget that the dog is one of the most disgusting animals according to the Bible.
Please do not misunderstand, animals should be treated with respect but animals are still animals and should be treated like animals.

That there will be people who will forbid to eat animal meat has been prophesied by God:

1 Tim 4:2-3
But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, prohibiting marriage through the hypocrisy of liars who are hardened as with a branding iron concerning their own conscience, and commanding them to abstain from food that God has created to be accepted with thanksgiving for those who believe and know the truth.

Last edited:

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone has probably met someone who has claimed that God has forbidden to eat animal flesh. But the fact that every prophet and every apostle and even God himself in the form of a human being has eaten animal flesh makes this claim nonsensical.
But where does this "love for animals" come from? The answer to this question is idolatry; people seek closeness, but because they cannot get this closeness from people, they seek the closeness of animals instead of the closeness to God, because the closeness of animals is quite easy to get. Thereby they practice idolatry even if they do not notice it themselves, they want to protect animals, they equate animals with human beings, which is a big insult, because human beings are God's image, who says that the human being is an animal makes God an animal, there are even people who put pictures of animals as profile pictures who touch the holy book, there are people who sleep in the same bed with dogs, eat from the same plate with dogs... as if the animal was a human being; and do not forget that the dog is one of the most disgusting animals according to the Bible.
Please do not misunderstand, animals should be treated with respect but animals are still animals and should be treated like animals.

That there will be people who will forbid to eat animal meat has been prophesied by God:

1 Tim 4:2-3
But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, prohibiting marriage through the hypocrisy of liars who are hardened as with a branding iron concerning their own conscience, and commanding them to abstain from food that God has created to be accepted with thanksgiving for those who believe and know the truth.

actually it can be understood that at the time before the flood animals were not on the menu:

Gen 1:27  So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 
Gen 1:28  And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. 
Gen 1:29  And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. 
Gen 1:30  And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so. 

no mention here of animals for groceries.

but after the flood:

Gen 9:1  And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth. 
Gen 9:2  And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered. 
Gen 9:3  Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things. 
Gen 9:4  But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat. 

God placed the animals on the menu as long as there is no blood in the meat, and this is to Noah and all the sons of Noah

so vegan or vegetarian is a choice of diet, not a moral issue. many of those who act as if it is, own cats and dogs of which will kill animals and eat them.

Reactions: theophilus

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TERRIBLE FIRE RIPS THRU THE FOREST IN AUSTRALIA

I prayed to God for massive rain and he brought it to them. They had the most rain ever during the fire. I prayed for the wildlife, & especially the poor Koala bear! I just cried seeing that poor Koala all burnt up. Being burned is so painful!

I know God heard my prayer!

Last edited: