The Love From The Cross

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pastorlesofm

Community Guide
Jun 28, 2008
Central New York State
John 3:16; Do we really understand the love wrapped up in that love? Whew!!! An Eternal, Loving, Creator, who isn't looking for robots, or He would have created them. Where all would do exactly as He wants, say what He wants us to say. Yet He chose to Create us as Himself when it comes to will, giving each of us our own individual will. Ever know someone who loved someone because they had to? In many countries it is quite common for arranged marriages. Arranged by parents way be their children are grown up. Can that be real Love? I guess many of those couples get used to each other, or grow on each other. One must wonder is there a difference between respecting someone because we are told too and respecting because of love for those we respect.

I have to wonder how much I could love someone who has done as much to me as I used to do to the Lord, before I came to know Him. Wow! That's a tough question, even now sometimes. Many times we have those who turn against us for who we represent, and a lot of times it is real hate on their part. Yet the Lord would have us love them and forgive them and then forgive ourselves, as well. That can be tough. I know I can get some amens on that.The Lord takes the sinner and separates it from us, and loves us the sinner. The Words from the Cross is a perfect example of God's Love and His ability to separate the two. At the Cross the hate of the World for God and God's Love for the World clashed and Love won out and overcame. The Love of God always overcomes, no matter what the case may be. When Satan hears in the Name of Jesus Christ he hears the Love of God, and sees it's victory. That is why we can say Victory in Jesus Name. This is why I believe Paul said ; "I put Christ on daily". So Paul could see others not through his fleshly eyes but through the Loving Eyes of Christ. Can we as Christians (followers of Christ) do less? Souls are won to Christ by nothing less then the Love of God. Service to God, worship of God must be bythe Love of the Cross. We see our enemies through the Eyes of Christ. I remember David Wilkerson when he started in ministry among NY's gang members, Nicky Cruz who was on of the gang leaders threatened David with is switchbalde because he didn't want to hear the Word of God. David Wilkerson's response was "You cut me up into small pieces and every piece will love you.". You probably know the rest of the story. That happens, because I've had that happen to me on a New York City Low Income Housing elevator at about 2:00 am while I was delivering baby formula to a needy new mother for her baby. I said;" Son, I have a couple dollars in my pocket, if you need that all you have to do is ask me.". He said,"Oh my God!". I can't rob you, you must be a man of God.". I said; " Son, I'm a sinner saved by the Grace of Jesus Christ.". Well he accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as his Savior right then and there. Jesus had a mission other than delivering the formula, the Holy Spirit had a soul ready to hear and feel the Love of Christ, the same love as from the Cross. All glory and honor go to Jesus Christ. There has been other times too, when one treads with Jesus and His Love, there will at times be a clash between good and evil, but again love prevails. Please beloved don't go out and test it, but when the Lord leads, He provides His Love, the Love from the Cross.

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
Thank you pastorlessofme. Being encouraged to appreciate God's love by contrasting it with our own lack of it must hit home with all who love the Lord. Your post brings to my mind the times when I consider how my sins and offenses are many, and should someone treat me with the same indignities, it would be unbearable. Yet millions upon millions commit these offenses minute by minute, and still, the love of God continues unabated to us and the world. Who is worthy of honor? Who is worthy of worship? Who is the true Hero? I know that you know, and may others come into the realization of God that you have put forth here.

fivesense

pastorlesofm

Community Guide
Jun 28, 2008
Central New York State
Thank you pastorlessofme. Being encouraged to appreciate God's love by contrasting it with our own lack of it must hit home with all who love the Lord. Your post brings to my mind the times when I consider how my sins and offenses are many, and should someone treat me with the same indignities, it would be unbearable. Yet millions upon millions commit these offenses minute by minute, and still, the love of God continues unabated to us and the world. Who is worthy of honor? Who is worthy of worship? Who is the true Hero? I know that you know, and may others come into the realization of God that you have put forth here.

fivesense

Why, thank you my brother. His love is so different from the love we've known here on Earth. The earthly love is conditional, but God's Love is unconditional. He gives it freely and openly, no strings attached. He says;"Come as you are". "Just accept My love." We don't at first have to clean up our act, put on a show, but as we are He accepts us. It is awesome to think that if we as individuals were just one, the Lord would still have suffered the ultimate for one lost sheep. That is awesome love. Amen? The Cross of Jesus Christ is the bridge between our sinful nature and His Loving Grace and Mercy. Love You in Jesus Name.

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's love is unfailing. His unfailing love surrounds the one who trusts in him. He loves us with an everlasting love and he has drawn us with loving kindness. He is our strength, our song and our salvation. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. He is our rock and our fortress. Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of His wings. He causes the sun to rise on the evil and the good. He makes the storm clouds and gives showers of rain to men, and plants of the field to everyone. Many are His wonders and the things He has planned for us no one can recount to Him. If we were to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare. He sweeps away our offenses like a cloud, our sins like the morning mist as we return to Him for He has redeemed us. Nothing can separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
God's love is unfailing. His unfailing love surrounds the one who trusts in him. He loves us with an everlasting love and he has drawn us with loving kindness. He is our strength, our song and our salvation. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. He is our rock and our fortress. Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of His wings. He causes the sun to rise on the evil and the good. He makes the storm clouds and gives showers of rain to men, and plants of the field to everyone. Many are His wonders and the things He has planned for us no one can recount to Him. If we were to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare. He sweeps away our offenses like a cloud, our sins like the morning mist as we return to Him for He has redeemed us. Nothing can separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

truthquest, this is marvelous. It is inspired and filled with the heart of God towards us. There is a wealth of comfort here that could drive away the darkest clouds and calm the most unsettled mind. Thank you.
fivesense

pastorlesofm

Community Guide
Jun 28, 2008
Central New York State
truthquest, this is marvelous. It is inspired and filled with the heart of God towards us. There is a wealth of comfort here that could drive away the darkest clouds and calm the most unsettled mind. Thank you.
fivesense

Fivesense and truthquest, you both have a wonderful love for the Lord, it is very obvious. God bless you both. The Lord will open mighty doors before you.