The many errors and contradictions found in Amillennialism.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The term millennium was not even in use until the 17th century.
John wrote Revelation ~ and specific to this point, Revelation 20 ~ in about 95 A.D., Timtofly. In the first century.

Not even all "amil" agree on this alleged doctrine.
I mean there's all kind of opinions regarding anything. But regarding the millennium of Revelation 20, there has from very early after John wrote Revelation always been disagreement on when the millennium is in relation to Jesus's return.

What you have said here is really... I mean, no offense, but... has no meaning. Non sequitur, as it were.

Grace and peace to you.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
59. Does Amillennialism promote the gospel being locked in the pit with satan?

Yes, sadly.
No. Good grief. LOL! Amillennialists assert that Satan, as a result of being "locked in the pit," is unable to prevent the spread of the Gospel to the nations, which is exactly what John says in Revelation 20.

Goodness gracious.

Grace and peace to you.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Good grief. LOL! Amillennialists assert that Satan, as a result of being "locked in the pit," is unable to prevent the spread of the Gospel to the nations, which is exactly what John says in Revelation 20.

That isn't what John says at all. Locked in the pit is real, not "this isn't real". He is imprisoned to keep him from deceiving the nations, and that is for only a temporary time then God allows him to deceive them.

Amill teaches the chain is the gospel and the bible places the chain in the pit with satan so it is true Amill teaches the gospel is in the pit.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That isn't what John says at all.
Yes it is... :) What he says is not really what he says? LOL!

Locked in the pit is real, not "this isn't real".
Sure, it's real. Goodness gracious. But this pit... do you think it's a hole somewhere on earth? Surely not. My goodness. Just because we say something is spiritual and/or symbolic is not synonymous in any way with "not real." Wow.

He is imprisoned to keep him from deceiving the nations, and that is for only a temporary time then God allows him to deceive them.
Agreed. As if I ever disagreed with this...

Amill teaches the chain is the gospel...
No. Good Lord.

...and the bible places the chain in the pit with satan...
Well, the "chain" is what the dragon ~ Satan ~ is "seized" with. And this is all quite metaphorical, but certainly indicative of a very real taking away of Satan's ability to ~ a very real sealing of Satan from being able to ~ deceive the nations, or prevent the spread of the Gospel to all the nations. And this is what enables Jesus to send His disciples to all nations to spread the Gospel and thereby to make disciples, which is what He mandates at the end of Matthew's gospel... what we call the Great Commission.

so it is true Amill teaches the gospel is in the pit.
So no. If "Amil" were to teach such a thing, it would basically be saying Jesus gave a mandate to His disciples that was impossible complete or be successful in doing, which is absolutely ridiculous.

Do you ever even think about what you're saying and why you're saying it? What color are the skies in your world, EWQ? :)

Grace and peace to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: rwb

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Good Lord.

Wrong. It is an Amill belief of most.

Well, the "chain" is what the dragon ~ Satan ~ is "seized" with. And this is all quite metaphorical, but certainly indicative of a very real taking away of Satan's ability to ~ a very real sealing of Satan from being able to ~ deceive the nations, or prevent the spread of the Gospel to all the nations. And this is what enables Jesus to send His disciples to all nations to spread the Gospel and thereby to make disciples, which is what He mandates at the end of Matthew's gospel... what we call the Great Commission.

satan is bound and imprisoned LONG AFTER the great commission ends. The bible describes satan as free, and prowling around which is the opposite of what you are claiming. It is not until the second coming that satan will be imprisoned. Currently satan is free, exactly as he has been since the beginning. This is why the world is so sinful and evil and grows worse year by year.

Do you ever even think about what you're saying and why you're saying it? What color are the skies in your world, EWQ? :)

Stop making personal jabs.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong. It is an Amill belief of most.
In your opinion. Yeah, I'm good with that. :) I mean there may be some out there who consider themselves Amillennialists who actually believe "the Gospel is in the pit," but that's quite a ridiculous belief, and Amillennialism would disavow it.

satan is bound and imprisoned LONG AFTER the great commission ends.
LOL! We'll... agree to disagree. :)

The bible describes satan as free, and prowling around...
Yes, and while true, this prowling around is misunderstood by so many. Yeah, yeah, you think it's me and others who understand this along the same lines as I do, and I think it's you and others who understand this along the same lines as you do. All good, right? :)

It is not until the second coming that satan will be imprisoned.
Disagree...

Currently satan is free...
In a sense, yes, but bound completely from deceiving the nations, unable to prevent the spread of the Gospel to all nations.

This is why the world is so sinful and evil and grows worse year by year.
Ah, well, I think I would disagree with the growing worse thing. As the writer of Ecclesiastes says, there's nothing new under the sun. Sin is a terrible thing. But one day there will be no more sin. Come quickly, Lord Jesus.

Stop making personal jabs.
I don't do that. Except maybe to poke a little good-natured humor from time to time. :) No offense intended.

Grace and peace to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: covenantee

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The earliest ones were all Premill.
That is a lie. The early church father Justin Martyr acknowledged that there were many Christians who did not share his Premill belief. I can't believe that you have no conscience about lying. Shameful.

Amill didn't exist unti, the 3rd century and it came from the RCC.
Nonsense. Another lie from you. You know you can't refute Amillennialism with scripture, so you resort to making lies about it instead. Pathetic.

Reactions: covenantee