The mark of the beast:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s funny to me that I always get dragged back to this parable whenever I mention you and your sons will be here with me, which came from an actual conversation.And they all seem to end with sure why not. So, no offense, but it seems like believers want to extract the parable to death and ignore the conversation
I don't know what you mean by "you and your sons." I thought the rich man talked about his five brothers, and Abraham told him if they didn't believe Moses, it wouldn't do any good to raise someone from the dead. Ha, there is a little joke there.

There may be a second joke of sorts in that story since it was Isaac, not Abraham, who could choose to let any of his offspring out of Gehinnom; so the rich man was asking the wrong person. Isaac, it's said, gained that by his willingness to be a sacrifice.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would God want cain to have advantage.

Phil 3:17-20
17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.
18(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)
20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
KJV

Luke 16:8
8 And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light.
KJV

2 Peter 2:10-20
10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.
11 Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.
12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;
13 And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;
14 Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:
15 Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;
16 But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb ass speaking with man's voice forbad the madness of the prophet.
17 These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever.
18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.
19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
KJV

Matt 13:36-42
36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
KJV

John 8:39-47
39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.
KJV

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Phil 3:17-20
17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.
18(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)
20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
KJV

Luke 16:8
8 And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light.
KJV

2 Peter 2:10-20
10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.
11 Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.
12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;
13 And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;
14 Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:
15 Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;
16 But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb ass speaking with man's voice forbad the madness of the prophet.
17 These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever.
18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.
19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
KJV

Matt 13:36-42
36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
KJV

John 8:39-47
39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.
KJV

The mark of Cain ...have you ever had it as an enemy of the cross? Can that mark be removed?

Philippians 3:13-16 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, [14] I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. [15] Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. [16] Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.
Philippians 3:19-20 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.) [20] For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The mark of Cain ...have you ever had it as an enemy of the cross? Can that mark be removed?

Philippians 3:13-16 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, [14] I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. [15] Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. [16] Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.
Philippians 3:19-20 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.) [20] For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

The Gospel is open and available to all people, even to the children of darkness IF... they will repent and believe on Jesus. The only sin that is unforgivable is blasphemy against The Holy Spirit.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I don't know what you mean by "you and your sons." there.
That’s pretty common I guess, no one knows because it is very difficult for a pastor to warp it 1 Samuel 28:19

And I mean no offense OK but I don’t care about any Isaac extractions from over pumping a single parable, sounds like some Jewish folklore to me?

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s pretty common, you wouldn’t have because it is very difficult for a pastor to warp it 1 Samuel 28:19
I can't read your mind. The only connection I see between the two stories is that people in sheol are involved.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I can't read your mind. The only connection I see between the two stories is that people in sheol are involved.
Not sure what my mind has to do with it? Samuel, Accepted, is telling Saul, rejected, that he and his sons will be there with him. And this is supposedly his history, where as the other is just a parable, two quite different things

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure what my mind has to do with it? Samuel, Accepted, is telling Saul, rejected, that he and his sons will be there with him. And this is supposedly his history, where as the other is just a parable, two quite different things
The story about the rich man and Lazarus is a story, yes; but Jesus' description agrees with what the Jews believe about Paradise and Gehinnom being next to each other.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The story about the rich man and Lazarus is a story, yes; but Jesus' description agrees with what the Jews believe about Paradise and Gehinnom being next to each other.
And you’re saying it doesn’t agree with you and your sons will be here with me? The parable agrees with the account from a certain point of viewI guess, just not the Mithraist one, Which is I guess why we keep discussing the parable and we can’t discuss you and your sons will be here with me

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you’re saying it doesn’t agree with you and your sons will be here with me? The parable agrees with the account from a certain point of viewI guess, just not the Mithraist one, Which is I guess why we keep discussing the parable and we can’t discuss you and your sons will be here with me
What do you want to discuss? Go ahead if you want. Or if you want my opinion, why not ask for it?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Jesus' description agrees with what the Jews believe about Paradise and Gehinnom being next to each other.
From a mithraist POV, certainly. See because you are convinced that you are going to go somewhere after you literally die and live some second life, right?[/QUOTE]

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
What are you saying? Advantage for a season? (Ecclesiastes 3:1-10)?
OK I guess I just put that bad too LOL I’m crabby, but I would be very curious to hear the God wanting Cain to have an advantage angle defended. Although it surely is true from a point of view, yes. I mean who can say what God wants? But more importantly to that discussion Is who is Cain? And what is the Mark of Cain?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Cain is quite likely that part of us that wants to get physically strong enough or powerful enough to have sway in the world, Chuck Norris comes to mind

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Note the maximum plowing of his own ground, he’s literally a franchise, people who want to franchise themselves would fall in the same category I guess