The mark of the beast:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From a mithraist POV, certainly. See because you are convinced that you are going to go somewhere after you literally die and live some second life, right?
I don't know anything about Mithraic views on the afterlife.

My views are colored by personal experience as well as what I've read. I have visited someone in the place some call Gehinnom. I wouldn't call what's going on there "living some second life." I also seen Abraham and Sarah with a group of other people in Paradise. It may sound impossible to people; but I talked to her about something and she helped me out about it. Abraham was talking to other people. He spotted me, smiled and waved while Sarah and I were talking. I think of them as my friends. Both have the most wonderful smiles and sparkling eyes. What he was doing there also was not "living some second life." I've seen him and talked to him elsewhere -- and he looked like "someone else." I suppose you could call that living another life somewhere? It's hard to explain to other people, but it doesn't confuse me. Abraham can be in more than one place at a time and may not always look like he did when he was alive on the earth as Abraham. Souls in Gehinnom are another matter. They are unable to decide where they will be or how they will appear. Saul and his sons would not be there now.

Last edited:

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Revelation 13:16 "And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:"

This is the "Mark of the beast" which is confusing to many today. This mark is in your hand, and in your forehead. Can a electronic chip be put in your hand, and forehead change your beliefs? I don't think so.

"In your hand" is an idiom that means to do Satan's work. You do the work of Satan [the Antichrist] when you bring others to him, or help in his system. This mark in the hand is speaking in a spiritual sense. "In the forehead" is referring to your mind [brain]. Being deceived by Satan in your mind is when you think he is the true Christ, and in ignorance you worship him. No computer chip will condemn you, for it is your faith that you will be judged by.

Revelation 13:17 "And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name."

If you take the "mark of the beast" it is a matter of whether you have studied God's word, or not. The mark is a matter of knowing that two Christ's are that coming, and the fake christ is coming first. If you do not know the difference, you will worship Satan thinking he is the true Christ, and you will be deceived. You will be in this world when the Antichrist controls it. We must all eat to stay alive, However, we will not get your bread through worshipping the Antichrist, or relying on his system. Satan's rule is five months, and God has warned us in in Malachi, that we had better have a store house for this time.

Learn what you must have to fill your needs, and stock up on it. Learn how to barter, and God will protect you. Satan will try to win you over, however, Do not participate in his system.

Revelation 13:18 "Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."

Wisdom comes from knowledge, and all wisdom is from God, from wisdom comes understanding. We were told to "count the number of the beast". This was written in Greek, and the Greek word means more then counting numbers. You simple can't understand this meaning if you don't understand this Greek word. The word is #5585 in Strong's Greek dictionary, and it means to "calculate by counting the stones that are warn smooth over a long period of time."

What stones? We were told in chapter two, we would receive a new stone with a new name written on it. This word "count" originated from that word "stone" of chapter two of the book of Genesis. These are the only places in the Bible this word for count, or stone is used. So we must enumerate, or calculate these stones worn smooth over a long period of time. "Their rock is not our Rock, and his stones are not our Stones," is what the overcomers will sing, as the "Song of Moses tells us in Deuteronomy 32. God is our Rock, and Satan is the false rock, but which stones are we to count?

The stones are the number of man, that man is Satan, and if you know Satan you will know his children. Those stones are his children [offspring]. The "mark of the beast" number [6-6-6] then is to count, or know Satan's children over a long period of time. They are the "Kenites", the offspring of Cain, who was the child of Satan, through Eve, who was "beguiled in the Garden of Eden".

Jesus said in Revelation 2 and 3 that the Churches of Smyrna and Philadelphia were the only acceptable churches to Him, because they knew who the Kenites were. The Kenites were "those who said they were Jews, and lied; because they were of the synagogue of Satan". The seven churches are the seven types of churches existing in these last days. Five are not acceptable to God, while the two are.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well with all due respect so you say, but it seems to me that the Bible says different.
It's one thing to read a travel book and try to understand what it describes. It's another to see things for yourself.
As for what’s above that, no offense but that strikes me as consulting the dead at the very best
Now, now. Was Jesus consulting the dead when talking with Elijah and Moses?

Abraham is not dead. Remember what Jesus said?

Matthew 22:32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

What would you do if you met Abraham? Pretend you didn't see him? Consulting the dead is a form of fortunetelling. It's also disturbing "something" that shouldn't be disturbed and usually done by people for financial gain. I met another person in Paradise, an aunt. She was with three other people. I said, "I thought you were dead." She laughed and said, "I guess some people would call it that." I didn't go looking for her -- I just happened to pop up there, and I left almost immediately because it might have disturbed the other people with her.

Certainly some "conversations with the dead" can be inappropriate if carried too far, that's for sure. Years ago, a few miles from where I live, a woman ran a red light and a trucker coming the other way swerved to avoid crashing into her and killing her. He ran his rig into a concrete barrier and died himself. I thought him a saint but wondered what kind of life he had led. I wondered where he was too, so I prayed for him. I prayed for the angels to find him. A day or so later, when I was thinking of something else, all of a sudden out of the blue, I was aware of him entering Paradise and asking, "What am I doing here?" I told him to ask for Jesus, Jesus would explain everything to him. The last thing I wanted to do was hold conversations with him, trying to give him my opinions. I don't seek out conversations with people on the other side. They don't frighten me; but I prefer to stay in this world for the most part and to let them stay in theirs. I did find out though what I wanted to know in a way. The angels had found him and led him to Paradise. I don't know where they found him, but they must have found him.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
What would you do if you met Abraham? Pretend you didn't see him? Consulting the dead is a form of fortunetelling. It's also disturbing "something" that shouldn't be disturbed and usually done by people for financial gain. I met another person in Paradise, an aunt. She was with three other people. I said, "I thought you were dead." She laughed and said, "I guess some people would call it that." I didn't go looking for her -- I just happened to pop up there, and I left almost immediately because it might have disturbed the other people with her.
I won’t deny that you could possibly be doing that, as near as I read the scripture doesn’t say we can’t do that but that we shouldn’t. As to what I would do if I ever met Abraham, no offense but I find the question moot?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I thought him a saint but wondered what kind of life he had led. I wondered where he was too, so I prayed for him. I prayed for the angels to find him.
So am I to understand that you knew this trucker? And that you pray for the dead? And that you think spirits need help to find people, as if they were persons too?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Can’t you manifest a spirit just by walking into a room? Why do we personify spirits? They will not ever be people in my opinion, no matter how much people want them to be. There will be no reveal after death where in God in the appearance of an old white man with a beard comes and tells us everything that we don’t know but want to know, in my opinion

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With all due respect that doesn’t strike me as a very good defense for Saul and his sons are not there when the Bible says they are
Samuel said they'd be there, no?

Are you Jesus? So you’re implying now that you have witnesses bring them that we may hear themIf you would please
I find your questions somewhat bizarre. Of course, I'm not Jesus. I'm also not interesting in "proving" anything to anyone. While not comparing myself to Jesus, I will say to you that only three disciples were allowed to meet Moses and Elijah.

Now can you can answer my question instead of dodging and making personal comments? "Was Jesus consulting the dead when talking with Elijah and Moses?"

Abraham is not spiritually dead, but he is physically dead, Yes.
Yes? Your point is?

I won’t deny that you could possibly be doing that, as near as I read the scripture doesn’t say we can’t do that but that we shouldn’t. As to what I would do if I ever met Abraham, no offense but I find the question moot?
Where does the Bible say that? I also note for the record, you failed to answer a second question. Conversations sometimes go in circles when that happens. I didn't go looking for Abraham. I had been asleep, then suddenly I was with him and Sarah in the spirit. When the vision was over, I came back to my body. Here is a problem: Most people can't move like the wind. They are tied to their bodies. They do not understand what Jesus told Nicodemus. I will compare myself to Jesus now in a way by telling you what he told Nicodemus, "We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness." That's okay with me.
Again it appears to me that you make allowances were scripture does not, no offense meant
What passages?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So am I to understand that you knew this trucker? And that you pray for the dead? And that you think spirits need help to find people, as if they were persons too?
I did not know him. I heard about it. Certainly I pray for the dead. Angels will do what we ask if we're in line with Heaven.

Can’t you manifest a spirit just by walking into a room? Why do we personify spirits? They will not ever be people in my opinion, no matter how much people want them to be. There will be no reveal after death where in God in the appearance of an old white man with a beard comes and tells us everything that we don’t know but want to know, in my opinion
I don't know what you mean by "manifest a spirit just by walking into a room." I don't think of God as an old white man in a beard and have no idea why you inserted that idea into our conversation.

I don’t want you to take this wrong OK, but they don’t frighten me either. You frighten me if anyone does
I am one of the most harmless people you could meet.

Jews pray for the dead. People in the Catholic and Orthodox Churches do. It's a recent innovation within Christianity not to. I think that's unfortunate since the living can help souls in Purgatory (or as the Jews would put it Gehinnom).

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Now can you can answer my question instead of dodging and making personal comments? "Was Jesus consulting the dead when talking with Elijah and Moses?"
In my opinion the question is moot because you are forcing a perspective that was not meant to be portrayed? In other words you are deliberately conflating spiritually dead with literally dead to make a point that just I don’t think it’s going to fly.

Now do you have witnesses to the event you claimed or not, because really I don’t care I hope you understand, it’s just would be necessary in order to make your point

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
As believers we of course all would love to believe that Jesus was witnessed speaking with Moses and Elijah in a miraculous event, rather than what the passage was meant to portray, In my opinion

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Where does the Bible say that?
Sorry I’m not at a computer to be able to access where right now, maybe a witness could fill in for us here.
I also note for the record, you failed to answer a second question.
OK well for the record no offense but I didn’t pay attention to most of that OK If you have a question and would like to ask it all by itself I could give some replyif you like, But with all due respect my guess is the question will also be moot

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I will compare myself to Jesus now in a way
Of coarse, it’s Scotty all over again bro and I wish you the best OK have a nice day.

Jesus asks why do you call me good but you ask why do you think I’m bad, right? No offense but I’m on data ok. I feel like I’m being put in the position of assuring you that your penis is so much bigger than mine, don’t know if you get the ref or not?