The Meaning of 666, The Reason for the Riddle

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
This is a place supposed to be about Christ and Christian living.
Actually its not. It's general discussions in the non christian forums.
Stick to your Christian forums if you want to discuss nothing but Christ and Christian living. Make sure you tell them to stop sinning while you are at it because those who follow a sinless example cannot continue to sin. Any of them that continue to sin and do not follow a sinless example are kidding themselves about being Christians. All they are doing is giving God lip service and they are worshipping Christ in vain.

Reactions: David kilmer

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, I have heard many explanations on the "666" topic. in the OP this is the first I heard of that explanation. Oh well, everyone have their opinion, and or belief. but let me throw one in for the OP to chew on. I heard of this one many, many years ago and it's about the best explanation than any I have heard of before, and i have heard a lot of them. but, (I'M NOT SAYING IT'S CORRECT, OR INCORRECT, NOT MY OPINION). but first, the OP is correct in that it's not a name, scripture, Revelation 13:18 "Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six". if it's "OF" a man then it's "FROM" a man. "of" translates the genitive case of nouns, with various shades of meaning. Of these the subjective and objective are mentioned. and here is that explanation. the number of the "BEAST" is from a man. and the revelation scripture give us a good clue as to what it is that's "FROM" a man. scripture, Revelation 13:17 "And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name". today what transact our buying and selling? COMPUTERS. in the explanation given if one would count, from 1 to 26 the alphabets list, then use each corresponding letter to their number, one would get 666. c=3 o= 15 m=13 p= 16 u=21 t=20 e=5 r=18 =111. now multiply that time the number of a man which 6, one will get 666.

so there's something for the 666 enthusiastic to chew on.... (smile)... LOL, LOL.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Actually its not. It's general discussions in the non christian forums.
Stick to your Christian forums if you want to discuss nothing but Christ and Christian living. Make sure you tell them to stop sinning while you are at it because those who follow a sinless example cannot continue to sin. Any of them that continue to sin and do not follow a sinless example are kidding themselves about being Christians. All they are doing is giving God lip service and they are worshipping Christ in vain.
What about freewill and being you such as your wants?

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
the number 6 meaning is mainly just one from perfection 7, now saying this number 3 times just means it is confirmed.
The Devil is a great man but flawed as is all Man and it is in this that one must understand that one must look to God to obtain the 7 as 6 does not cut the mustard.
So when Satanist gets about they are using only their yard stick and this will always fail because it is devoid of God in fact and sure they may use religion as their vehicle for sure, because as we all know that Atheist are just as religious as anyone is in fact, but only because they just don't know it or reject the fact, does not make it not so.
Every human born is religious in fact and not one society in the world ever was not in fact and to be sure even our Communist are a great religion in themselves, as they do as they are tolled for sure or you are killed, now that's a great incentive to tow the line religiously if I ever seen one, that's Mans Works in progress for ya !

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
GINOLJC, I have heard many explanations on the "666" topic. in the OP this is the first I heard of that explanation. Oh well, everyone have their opinion, and or belief. but let me throw one in for the OP to chew on. I heard of this one many, many years ago and it's about the best explanation than any I have heard of before, and i have heard a lot of them. but, (I'M NOT SAYING IT'S CORRECT, OR INCORRECT, NOT MY OPINION). but first, the OP is correct in that it's not a name, scripture, Revelation 13:18 "Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six". if it's "OF" a man then it's "FROM" a man. "of" translates the genitive case of nouns, with various shades of meaning. Of these the subjective and objective are mentioned. and here is that explanation. the number of the "BEAST" is from a man. and the revelation scripture give us a good clue as to what it is that's "FROM" a man. scripture, Revelation 13:17 "And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name". today what transact our buying and selling? COMPUTERS. in the explanation given if one would count, from 1 to 26 the alphabets list, then use each corresponding letter to their number, one would get 666. c=3 o= 15 m=13 p= 16 u=21 t=20 e=5 r=18 =111. now multiply that time the number of a man which 6, one will get 666.

so there's something for the 666 enthusiastic to

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... Revelation 13:17 "And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name". today what transact our buying and selling? COMPUTERS. in the explanation given if one would count, from 1 to 26 the alphabets list, then use each corresponding letter to their number, one would get 666. c=3 o= 15 m=13 p= 16 u=21 t=20 e=5 r=18 =111. now multiply that time the number of a man which 6, one will get 666.

I don't disagree with using English, which is the world's language, but you arrived at increments of A=6; B=12; C=18; -- so why not start with A=6, ?!?

So now that we agree that COMPUTER sums to 666, figure out who the world's most senior Jewish political statesman is, and sum his name -- USING THE SAME METHODOLOGY! A=6; B=12; C=18; etc.

Also consider the significance of binary (the hand "peace sign"); and the UPC registrations marks; and that "7" in binary is "111" -- the Trinity?!?

Bobby Jo

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I don't disagree with using English, which is the world's language, but you arrived at increments of A=6; B=12; C=18; -- so why not start with A=6, ?!?

So now that we agree that COMPUTER sums to 666, figure out who the world's most senior Jewish political statesman is, and sum his name -- USING THE SAME METHODOLOGY! A=6; B=12; C=18; etc.

Also consider the significance of binary (the hand "peace sign"); and the UPC registrations marks; and that "7" in binary is "111" -- the Trinity?!?

Bobby Jo
But what if those of the Trinity were perfectly cool, Ok, or normal? Are they dark or supernatural?

Last edited:

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
The Trinity is God the Father, God the son, Jesus, and God the holy Ghost...

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
What if God or the father went into their brand of Dark? Would that make them men?

Last edited:

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
GINOLJC, I have heard many explanations on the "666" topic. in the OP this is the first I heard of that explanation. Oh well, everyone have their opinion, and or belief. but let me throw one in for the OP to chew on. I heard of this one many, many years ago and it's about the best explanation than any I have heard of before, and i have heard a lot of them. but, (I'M NOT SAYING IT'S CORRECT, OR INCORRECT, NOT MY OPINION). but first, the OP is correct in that it's not a name, scripture, Revelation 13:18 "Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six". if it's "OF" a man then it's "FROM" a man. "of" translates the genitive case of nouns, with variou as shades of meaning. Of these the subjective and objective are mentioned. and here is that explanation. the number of the "BEAST" is from a man. and the revelation scripture give us a good clue as to what it is that's "FROM" a man. scripture, Revelation 13:17 "And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name". today what transact our buying and selling? COMPUTERS. in the explanation given if one would count, from 1 to 26 the alphabets list, then use each corresponding letter to their number, one would get 666. c=3 o= 15 m=13 p= 16 u=21 t=20 e=5 r=18 =111. now multiply that time the number of a man which 6, one will get 666.

so there's something for the 666 enthusiastic to chew on.... (smile)... LOL, LOL.
If your for yourself, your not a man. Even if you are a man, you can be strong. Likewise if you are an angel or archangel you can be strong. As a man angel or archangel or God or Any God including God or GOD himself you can be strong or cool passing or incredible. And you can be dark as any of these including a man. They're not a joke as they put streets in the road or made buildings or cars or maybe houses or may be dark or interesting but are they really in the light or are they dark and do you prance around saying your dark and you don't care if others are dark or a pushover when they can care less about you and what if they ain't a joke?

Last edited:

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
The world came from heaven and it is a spirit realm, or normal. And is it possible?

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It appear that GOD has "tricked" the church with a "riddle" that cannot be solved, -- because if one were to ask any member of this Forum if they were "wise" and have "understanding", all would assert "YES". So it can't be the individuals on his Forum, thus GOD must be the "trickster" ...

Yeah, we have LOTS of "understanding",
Bobby Jo

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will prove the following two propositions:

It's not about systems of numbers like Hebrew Gematria, nor any numerology system. It's about the simple Word of God that revealed the identity of the false one in earlier verses which is assigned those numbers.

Rev 13:11-15
11 And I beheld
another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
KJV

And just earlier in that same Revelation 13 chapter, our Lord Jesus showed emphatically who that is, and who will fall away to worship him in place of God...

Rev 13:4-8
4 And
they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, 'Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?'
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, and His tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
KJV

That false one comes on the 6th Seal, 6th Trumpet, and 6th Vial. Figure it out.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte