The meaning of LIFE

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BaiCan

Oct 19, 2011
I find something interesting! Get it shared here!

Knowing the origin of LIFE, we will know the meaning of LIFE.

Without universe, there is no LIFE; without LIFE, there is no universe.
Universe exists for LIFE; LIFE exists for universe.

We construct a building with the purpose of providing a place for various activities for people. The building would be of little value if nobody moves around in this building; and if somebody moves here and there, the building would exist relatively longer. But, if nobody makes any activities in this building, certainly it will collapse soon.

If there are no LIFE activities on the earth, the solar system would have no value and meaning, and the solar system would not come into being. If there is no life in the galaxy, the Milky Way will not be born either. If there is no life in the entire universe, the universe would have no value and it is unlikely to exist.

We are talking the meaning of LIFE is from a broad perspective here. But in the narrow sense, the meaning of micro-organisms and bacteria is to serve the insects and vegetation; the meaning of insects and vegetation is to serve the existence of the animals; the meaning of the existence of the animals is to serve the human being. The meaning of the existence of human being is to serve the celestial beings in the celestial world. The meaning of the existence of celestial beings is to serve the gods. The meaning of the existence of gods is to serve the Greatest Creator. And the meaning of the existence of the Greatest Creator is to serve all LIFE forms.

All in all, the meaning of LIFE is to serve the Greatest Creator, and the meaning of the Greatest Creator is to serve all LIFE forms in the universe.

extrations from "Chanyuan Corpus-LIFE" at site http://lifechanyuan.org/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1389

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
There is no meaning apart from God's glory, life, and love, of which we are called to become partakers. :)

Welcome here, BaiCan

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
life_of_brian_1358087c.jpg

I don't think I like the cut of your jib...

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no 'origin' of LIFE. If LIFE had a beginning then God had a beginning. LiFE is one of God's intrinsic, inseparable attributes.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK. God is LIFE (JN 14:6).
Note: I am not speaking of temporal created life but rather the very eternal make up (essence) of God.
In the greek it is the difference between 'zoe' and 'bios', the former being the eternal kind.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
No, I didn't ask for an out of context scripture monkey citation, I asked you to defend the statement.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"If Life had a beginning then God had a beginning. Care to defend that bold statememt? "

Ok, once more from a different angle.
God has no beginning, He is Eternal.
Eternal Life is found in the Son.
If Eternal Life had a beginning (oxymoron)
then the Eternal God had a beginning.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
That is just ersatz pedantic semantics, not to mention equivocation and a strawman fallacy all rolled into one giant obfuscation. From your syllogism I infer that you have a problem with the dual nature of Christ being 100% Man and 100% God, lest you would not make the statement "If Eternal Life had a beginning (oxymoron [ad hominem])..."

If my inference is NOT the case then please explain why you have a problem with 1 John 5:11

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course Jesus is 100% God 100% man. What else do you wrongly assume about my position?

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only that I defended my original statement and somehow you inferred I had a problem with the dual nature of Christ...which is not the case.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
I find something interesting! Get it shared here!

Knowing the origin of LIFE, we will know the meaning of LIFE.

Without universe, there is no LIFE; without LIFE, there is no universe.
Universe exists for LIFE; LIFE exists for universe.

We construct a building with the purpose of providing a place for various activities for people. The building would be of little value if nobody moves around in this building; and if somebody moves here and there, the building would exist relatively longer. But, if nobody makes any activities in this building, certainly it will collapse soon.

If there are no LIFE activities on the earth, the solar system would have no value and meaning, and the solar system would not come into being. If there is no life in the galaxy, the Milky Way will not be born either. If there is no life in the entire universe, the universe would have no value and it is unlikely to exist.

We are talking the meaning of LIFE is from a broad perspective here. But in the narrow sense, the meaning of micro-organisms and bacteria is to serve the insects and vegetation; the meaning of insects and vegetation is to serve the existence of the animals; the meaning of the existence of the animals is to serve the human being. The meaning of the existence of human being is to serve the celestial beings in the celestial world. The meaning of the existence of celestial beings is to serve the gods. The meaning of the existence of gods is to serve the Greatest Creator. And the meaning of the existence of the Greatest Creator is to serve all LIFE forms.

All in all, the meaning of LIFE is to serve the Greatest Creator, and the meaning of the Greatest Creator is to serve all LIFE forms in the universe.

extrations from "Chanyuan Corpus-LIFE" at site http://lifechanyuan....thread&tid=1389

From reading your op I can tell you are not a Christian. You see none of what you wrote tell us the meaning of life. No one can know the meaning of life without divine revelation from God. And God has reveal the meaning of life in the pages of the Bible. And the meaning of man's(human being) existence is not to necessarily to serve the creator or even praise Him. The Bible tells us that God made human beings to rule over all things. It also tells us that we were made to become part of the trinity (Father, Son and Holy Spirit).....to be joined with the triune God. Before God created time and space God wanted to share Himself with physical beings that He would make, and they would be the physical representation of Himself in the physical world. God wanted children or offspring that would share His divine Nature, whom would have an intimate relationship with, just as Jesus, whom was the Word that became flesh and lived among us......the Father wanted the Son to have brothers and sisters that He could relate to, and be co-rulers over God's kingdom. So we won’t praise God because we were made to praise Him, we will praise Him because of what He has done for us and what He will do. We won’t serve God because we were made to serve Him, we will serve Him because we want to……it will be our desire and pleasure do so.