The Meaning To Remit Sins ??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
Hi to all and many believers say that they follow Jesus and I will like to see what you all say about Johyn 20:19-23 .

We see that the CONTEXT in verse 19 are the disciples and so it is Jewish .

And in verse 21 , the disciples receive a commission , " AS My Father hath sent Me , even so send I you .

In verse 22 , He breathed on , and saith unto them , Receive ye Holy Spirit .

Verse 23 , , Whose soever SINS ye Remit , they are Remitted unto to them , and whose soever SINS ye Retain they are Retained .

So , if the disciples could Remit or forgives SINS why can we not do it ???

How did the disciples forgive SINS ???

DAN P

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
Hi to all and many believers say that they follow Jesus and I will like to see what you all say about Johyn 20:19-23 .

We see that the CONTEXT in verse 19 are the disciples and so it is Jewish .

And in verse 21 , the disciples receive a commission , " AS My Father hath sent Me , even so send I you .

In verse 22 , He breathed on , and saith unto them , Receive ye Holy Spirit .

Verse 23 , , Whose soever SINS ye Remit , they are Remitted unto to them , and whose soever SINS ye Retain they are Retained .

So , if the disciples could Remit or forgives SINS why can we not do it ???

How did the disciples forgive SINS ???

DAN P

Hi to all , and after John the Baptist was beheaded by Herod , there was no one to Baptize the Nation of Israel and that is why Jesus commssioned the Disciples to also Baptize with water as John had done .

I they repented and were baptized , their sins were REMIITED , and if they rejected the Repentance and baptism , their sins were Retained . dan p

jacobtaylor

Feb 11, 2011
Google John 20:23 remit sins and start reading.

Some believe that the apostles were given power to forgive sins in a direct and absolute sense. Firstly this view is inconsistent with Luke 5:21 which states that only God can forgive sin. If this interpretation is correct then the Bible has unexplainable discrepancies. The question to ask concerning this view is did the disciples understand Jesus pronouncement in this manner? The answer is a resounding no. At no point in the Bible is there even a hint that the disciples went around forgiving and retaining peoples sins in that sense. Evidence is lacking that the original hearers understood it in this manner, and neither should we.

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
This is not a question to the text or the context of the situation, but question to the Spirit.. We are suppose to forgive everyone that wrongs us, maybe it is a test of our mercy?

ahigherway

Jun 17, 2010
This is not a question to the text or the context of the situation, but question to the Spirit.. We are suppose to forgive everyone that wrongs us, maybe it is a test of our mercy?

Interesting thought....!

Blessings!
brian