The Meek and The Bold

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Man on Fire

Jul 10, 2018
Durham
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
renderTimingPixel.png

• The Meek [before God] shall inherit the Earth.

• Fortune Favors the Bold.
The above were two phrases, sayings, or pieces of wisdom that came to mind one day. Are they mutually exclusive or connected?

King David has or had a heart after God. He was meek before God. King Saul was God's anointed. King Saul wanted to kill David. David had the opportunity to kill King Saul but did not kill him. King Saul was God's anointed, and David feared God. That shows meekness to God.

David was bold. Faith is a knowledgeable dependence. How did David grow in faith?

But David said to Saul, "Your servant has been keeping his father's sheep. When a lion or a bear came and carried off a sheep from the flock, I went after it, struck it and rescued the sheep from its mouth. When it turned on me, I seized it by its hair, struck it and killed it. (1 Samuel 17:34-35)

David had a relationship with God. He grew in faith, a knowledgeable dependence as a shepherd leaning on God tending his flock. When Goliath mocked God and Israel, David was quick to answer the challenge? He was bold. He was meek and bold.

The wicked flee though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion. (Proverbs 28:1)

Someone full of God's Spirit may have been more like Saint Nickolas. He had a zeal about him.

A Utilitarian Episcopalian reads this and points out Romans 3:10.

As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one;there is no one who understands; there is no one who seeks God. (Romans 3:10,11)

Meekness towards what or too what? A Utilitarian Episcopalian who was more of a liberal theologian may have brought up Romans 3:10,11 in context of knocking someone's feet out from other them in the course of an argument. Towards what? Someone being meek to The Episcopal Church and Liberal Theology? Was he more of a Christian or a Utilitarian?

for though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again, but the wicked stumble when calamity strikes. (Proverbs 24:16)

"The Pursuit of Happiness" with Will Smith may have displayed a type of righteousness. The main character had a lot of rough things happen. He was a traveling salesmen who invested heavily in a pursuit that was failing. He was not doing well in his business. He had marital issues. His wife left him. He was facing homelessness. There were a lot of trials. He got back up and didn't quit. This may be seen as a Kind of Righteousness. In the same context, someone like Spartan King Leonidas may have characteristics about him that made him more righteous.

All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away. (Isaiah 64:6)

God's Righteousness comes through God's Holy Spirit. Someone is working as a servant of God towards God's plans.

Not one being righteous may have been a rhetorical or even "Power of the Tongue" spiritual device towards getting men to let go of false perceptions, and the idea or perspective that there is righteousness outside of God. It may have been true at a time. This is partly, why someone reads The New Testament from an Old Testament Understanding.

Last edited:

Man on Fire

Jul 10, 2018
Durham
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question: Where does the hostility towards Utilitarians and The Episcopal Church come from?

It was around 2006, and I was in college. I was active in politics and political and religious clubs. I also was interested in debate. I would go to The Humanist Action League Club or HAL, often, go to their meeting and listen. I was often invited to their events. Why would I go there? No one was very motivated to be a Democrat. No one seemed to really care about the Democratic Party, and the Young Democrats were not doing much. The Humanist Action League was very active. They had events. They were doing the things I would suspect the Young Democrats should have been doing, but in the context of promoting "Non-Traditional belief," which translates to "Anything other than Traditional Christianity." Who made up HAL? Atheists, Agnostics, Wiccans, and their Faculty Supervisor who often showed up was an Episcople Pastor who came off as a burnt out hippie from the 1960's, who was doing the wrong things, and had a chip on his shoulder. The understanding received from attending said meetings has helped me, through God's Holy Spirit, see how and why politics has developed the way it has, and what the Democratic Party was going to do. What was the major force behind the Democratic Party working to make itself known or heard? Secular Humanism, a religion, that has been working to marginize and oppress Christianity and Christians.
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. (2 Corinthains 10:5)
then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. (Philippians 2:2)

What Spirit was the Episcopal Pastor of? He was more one mind with Atheists, Agnostics, and Wiccans?

Exploring politics and religion, and Spiritual Warfare, and working to build The Kingdom of God, who has most been working against God and God's Kingdom? People who were Secular Humanist first? People who were some ideology first and a Christian second. People who were Luke Warm?

That is why. Given someone works to build the Kingdom of God, or engage people talking about The Bible, they may find certain people who have been going some other way, with other motivations, not working in The Spirit of God.

Man on Fire

Jul 10, 2018
Durham
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Things Utilitarians do not like:

Previous Post: Thumos and Holy Fire - posted in the theology community

Why do they not like Thumos and completely reject and are opposed to it?

During the 1960's a law abiding man doing his duty may have gone to Vietnam. Some men volunteered.

Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends. (John 15:13)

A man in Vietnam with his heart in the right place was loving his friends and neighbors. He may have been closer to God.

What were Godless Communist doing? Murdering Christians. Murdering anyone with an education who disagreed such as doctors, teachers, and politicians. In Communist Countries, Christianity has been oppressed and marginalized. In this context, there was third wave feminism from Marxist Betty Friedan and draft dodgers who were known to engage in debauchery and seeking other spiritualism and gurus. They worked to create a new subjective morality, a new man, and have worked with Hollywood to promote Counter Cultural, anti-Christian values?

This is a bible study, but if it needs to be moved to Christian Debate forum....whatever.

Last edited:

Man on Fire

Jul 10, 2018
Durham
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question: If someone took this personally, is there something wrong with them, and what is the answer?

Given someone took this personally, it may be that with their soul, or identity, they loved some sort of ideology. He or she may have loved a political party or said something like "I am a Utilitarian and a ____________ and a believer in God." With their soul or identity, they were loving something. With their soul, they may have to let go of that. The realization may be "Soul Crushing" and hurt for a few minutes. I understand. I have had my soul crushed too. Given a lot of lies and false perceptions, there may be a stripping process towards growing in Faith where false perceptions and ideas and things that were not Godly are stripped away from someone.

Previous Post: What is The Soul?

Love The Lord your God with all your heart and soul and strength and mind. This is the basis of Christianity.

Man on Fire

Jul 10, 2018
Durham
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have kept commenting here like I am talking to myself. What is that about?

Given I posted something, God may have Tuned me into an audience. There has been six years or so worth of evidence of this. I may have been Tuned into an audience. Things people were thinking, or about to, God may have given me. I may have also been honorbound to explain more to some degree, or posting in the Spirit of God, through God, God may have been honor bound? My will was brought low till it aligned closely with God's will, and thus saith The Lord wasn't getting us places in 2014.

That would be Prophetic Intercession.

Have you seen the music video "Fire" by Barnes Courtney? Talking to God, on some level, may be like that. I found the song, I believe, fall 2015, like it was like a gift wrapped present to display things that I had been experiencing, and God had been shepherding me into. The Holy Ghost is unquenchable fire. In the music video, the singer is walking down the street singing a song similar to "Man on Fire" a song by Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros? There is something more than correlation to that. Cause and effect spiritual things.

Last edited: