The Nature of Sin is Lust, not Molecular

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

The nature of sin is lusting from the heart, so that there was no sin nor sinning against God, until one lusts from the heart to do so. Sin is not produced by skin tissue like sweat on a hot day.

There was no sin nor sinning ever, until Lucifer lusted from the heart for it:

For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north.

And then sin only entered into the world, when Adam and Eve lusted to do the same:

For thou hast trusted in thy wickedness: thou hast said, None seeth me. Thy wisdom and thy knowledge, it hath perverted thee; and thou hast said in thine heart, I am, and none else beside me.

Sin therefore is by knowledge only, not by natural production of flesh and blood.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no sin nor sinning, until once a created spiritual being, whether angel or man, lusts within the heart to be as a god unto ourselves, and rebel against the commandment and law of Christ.

No soul is created lusting by Christ, and no babe is lusting in the heart to sin.

Sin only enters into the world of any soul, when he knowingly lusts to do so. Until that time, there is no sin nor sinning by any child on earth.

The only One who did not choose to do so for himself on earth was Jesus. And the only ones not choosing to do so for themselves today, is the flesh and bone body of Jesus Christ on earth.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

The nature of sin is lusting from the heart, so that there was no sin nor sinning against God, until one lusts from the heart to do so. Sin is not produced by skin tissue like sweat on a hot day.

For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north.

And then sin only entered into the world, when Adam and Eve lusted to do the same:

For thou hast trusted in thy wickedness: thou hast said, None seeth me. Thy wisdom and thy knowledge, it hath perverted thee; and thou hast said in thine heart, I am, and none else beside me.

Sin therefore is by knowledge only, not by natural production of flesh and blood.

Seems logical to me. Lust is a very strong byproduct of Adams sin

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems logical to me. Lust is a very strong byproduct of Adams sin
The example of Adam is the product of Adam's lust and sinning, not the lust and sinning.

Like Lucifer and Adam and any man that has sinned, we only produce lust for ourselves by their example.

No soul is made with lust by Christ, nor is any babe born lusting in the heart.

You're still sinning because you like it, not because you were born lusting for it.

Grow up, and you may repent.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We must be born again, not born better.

Born again means just that: born again new and clean and pure, as the first time out of the womb.

Otherwise, it would be called born better than before.

We must be born again, not born better.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin is not defined by the desires of the flesh but rather by a corruption of the desires of the flesh.

"those who indulge the corrupt desires of the flesh" 2 Peter 2:10
For example, it isn't wrong to want to eat bread. It's wrong to want to eat your neighbor's bread. Like Adam and Eve we are born naked and unclothed with Christ, and so, like Adam and Eve, from birth we have no protection against the temptations of the devil to pervert the natural and good desires of the flesh. And so we do. And we get turned over to and enslaved by those corrupt desires. Until we are born again and do have the clothing and protection of Christ against the deceits of the enemy.

Reactions: dev553344

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lust isn't responsible for rising gas prices, food prices or inflation.

Sin driving those events would appear to be of a different nature.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The example of Adam is the product of Adam's lust and sinning, not the lust and sinning.

Like Lucifer and Adam and any man that has sinned, we only produce lust for ourselves by their example.

No soul is made with lust by Christ, nor is any babe born lusting in the heart.

You're still sinning because you like it, not because you were born lusting for it.

Grow up, and you may repent.

Why do you sin sir? Are you saying you like it, I kind of side with Paul, who didn't like it, but struggled deeply to control it.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you sin sir? Are you saying you like it, I kind of side with Paul, who didn't like it, but struggled deeply to control it.
Speak for yourself, not me nor Paul who was delivered from double mindedness to go on to romans 8.

You are becoming a master of trying to make everyone else in your own sinful image.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin is not defined by the desires of the flesh but rather by a corruption of the desires of the flesh.

For example, it isn't wrong to want to eat bread. It's wrong to want to eat your neighbor's bread. Like Adam and Eve we are born naked and unclothed with Christ, and so, like Adam and Eve, from birth we have no protection against the temptations of the devil to pervert the natural and good desires of the flesh. And so we do. And we get turned over to and enslaved by those corrupt desires. Until we are born again and do have the clothing and protection of Christ against the deceits of the enemy.
That's all there is to it. Neither our making nor birth nor our mortal flesh is the problem, but having lust for ourselves to corrupt the flesh is the source of all sinning.

We are born naked and pure into the world, but we allow lust to corrupt the things of the world.

Those who want to blame their flesh for their soul's sinning are deluded fools.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Have you ever considered making love to your wife without lust? or do you think of 'England' and sing 'God save the Queen' or something equivalent during the exercise?

Reactions: Daydreamer

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speak for yourself, not me nor Paul who was delivered from double mindedness to go on to romans 8.

You are becoming a master of trying to make everyone else in your own sinful image.

I thought you would respond that way sir, when I grow up I want to be like you, perfect. Oh, by golly I believe I will attain that one day, but that day is yet a long way off Rob.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought you would respond that way sir, when I grow up I want to be like you, perfect. Oh, by golly I believe I will attain that one day, but that day is yet a long way off Rob.
In all seriousness, the reason you do not cease sinning in works of the flesh, is because you can't be like Jesus, since you prefer a created christ and don't want just another deified angel living in you, like demon possession. And your god jehovah isn't the LORD of old Israel, and so doesn't exist, which pretty much leaves you on your own to your own devices.

Which is exactly how you see and talk about things: you reform yourself with a Bible trained mind. That is not at all uncommon among many unsaved but disciplined men and women in history. The unbelieving Jews did it with the law, and now unbelieving christians do it with all Scripture. You no doubt live an exemplary life, and I wouldn't try to find fault with it as a man, but that's problem. The best man can do by his own will is a 6, while only the Lord God Jesus Christ can dwell in and produce a man by birth to an easy 7.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's Word, even in The New Testament, defines sin as the "transgression of the law".

1 John 3:4
4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
KJV

Too many of my Christian brethren run away from that passage by Apostle John simply because they think it means a going back to the old covenant in order to be saved. No, but it certainly does not mean that God's law became dead under Lord Jesus Christ. 'We' are to become dead to the law under Christ Jesus by following His commandments and those of His chosen Apostles.

The very 1st sin was by Satan in the world before Adam and Eve (i.e., before this present world, which began at Genesis 1:2). John even says the devil sinned first, in 1 John 3:8, that he sinned from the beginning. HOW? by coveting God's Throne which it was Satan's original duty to guard as a covering cherub (Ezekiel 28 as parable).

What commandments in God's law did that break? The ultimate one I believe, that you shall love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, soul, and mind. And there is evidence that much of God's laws were in effect prior to Adam and Eve, even in the stars. It wasn't until Moses that God set forth His law to flesh man for the purposes of this present world.

Because Satan was 1st to sin, and coveted God's place, Satan has already been judged and sentenced to perish in the future "lake of fire", along with his angels that rebelled with him in that old world. For this reason was Christ manifested in this world, in order to defeat death and the devil for us (Hebrews 2:14; 1 John 3:8; 2 Timothy 1:10).

In 1 Timothy 1, Apostle Paul is teaching about some sins that are against God's laws. Paul even says there the law is good, if a man use it lawfully. Paul then reveals some things that are against Christ and this while connecting it in The Gospel. Paul shows us that the law was not made for the righteous, but for the sinner.

In 1 Corinthians 6, Paul teaches us that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God, and then Paul points out certain sins that God's law is against...

1 Cor 6:9-11
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
KJV

Someone claiming to be Christian and is still doing those things are showing they do not have The Holy Spirit and have not been sanctified, and thus need to seek help among their Christian brethren. God is not going to be mocked.

Reactions: robert derrick

Daydreamer

Oct 2, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Have you ever considered making love to your wife without lust? or do you think of 'England' and sing 'God save the Queen' or something equivalent during the exercise?
In the church I grew up in, the members were immaculately dressed, and the women all wore expensive hats. They all stressed Godliness to an extremely high degree. And, after the service I received a Godly smile, warm handshake, and a scripture verse if it was felt necessary. I honestly believed they must all be sinless, and would only partake of sex to produce offspring, and get the procedure over with as quickly as possible so they could quickly return to their perfect state of sinlessness, untainted by any form of the flesh. I kid you not, I honestly believed that when I was young. I felt so out of place there

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the church I grew up in, the members were immaculately dressed, and the women all wore expensive hats. They all stressed Godliness to an extremely high degree. And, after the service I received a Godly smile, warm handshake, and a scripture verse if it was felt necessary. I honestly believed they must all be sinless, and would only partake of sex to produce offspring, and get the procedure over with as quickly as possible so they could quickly return to their perfect state of sinlessness, untainted by any form of the flesh. I kid you not, I honestly believed that when I was young. I felt so out of place there

I think most of us did too.

But in the Church I was raised in, somehow the preacher knew what many in the congregation were up to (when they sinned), and though he wouldn't call any names, he would look in their direction while handing out a rebuke per Scripture. None of us can be 'perfect' in this life, for like Apostle Paul said, The Scriptures have concluded us all under sin, so that salvation would be to those who believe on Jesus Christ (Galatians 3:22). So

I'm not preaching a seeking to be justified by following God's laws, because the law cannot save us, only the Blood of Jesus Christ can. However, what we as believers on Jesus Christ are to do per The Gospel is 'walk by The Spirit' (Galatians 3). And that means not doing anything that is against God's laws. This is why Lord Jesus gave us The Holy Spirit Comforter, so we'd know when are getting ready to mess up, IF... we listen to Him.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Lust can be sin, but the sheep and goats of the bible (Matthew 25-31-46) makes it clear that selfishness is more correct the nature of sin. For instance one can have lust for one's spouse and it's not sin. Lust is defined as a very strong sexual desire. Sins outside that lust area of sinning are also selfish.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes I looked at all the sins in the bible and the thing they had in common was a selfishness, not a lust. Lust is a strong sexual desire.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's Word, even in The New Testament, defines sin as the "transgression of the law".

1 John 3:4
4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
KJV

Too many of my Christian brethren run away from that passage by Apostle John simply because they think it means a going back to the old covenant in order to be saved. No, but it certainly does not mean that God's law became dead under Lord Jesus Christ. 'We' are to become dead to the law under Christ Jesus by following His commandments and those of His chosen Apostles.

The very 1st sin was by Satan in the world before Adam and Eve (i.e., before this present world, which began at Genesis 1:2). John even says the devil sinned first, in 1 John 3:8, that he sinned from the beginning. HOW? by coveting God's Throne which it was Satan's original duty to guard as a covering cherub (Ezekiel 28 as parable).

What commandments in God's law did that break? The ultimate one I believe, that you shall love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, soul, and mind. And there is evidence that much of God's laws were in effect prior to Adam and Eve, even in the stars. It wasn't until Moses that God set forth His law to flesh man for the purposes of this present world.

Because Satan was 1st to sin, and coveted God's place, Satan has already been judged and sentenced to perish in the future "lake of fire", along with his angels that rebelled with him in that old world. For this reason was Christ manifested in this world, in order to defeat death and the devil for us (Hebrews 2:14; 1 John 3:8; 2 Timothy 1:10).

In 1 Timothy 1, Apostle Paul is teaching about some sins that are against God's laws. Paul even says there the law is good, if a man use it lawfully. Paul then reveals some things that are against Christ and this while connecting it in The Gospel. Paul shows us that the law was not made for the righteous, but for the sinner.

In 1 Corinthians 6, Paul teaches us that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God, and then Paul points out certain sins that God's law is against...

1 Cor 6:9-11
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
KJV

Someone claiming to be Christian and is still doing those things are showing they do not have The Holy Spirit and have not been sanctified, and thus need to seek help among their Christian brethren. God is not going to be mocked.
Good summary.

Your point about Lucifer wanting to sit upon the throne as God Himself, is confirmed when he promised it to Adam and Eve, that they will be as gods in their own right, and then when Paul said the greatest antichrist will want to sit as God Himself on earth.

There have been already and still are plenty of petty antichrists, but that one at the end will make the pope in his prime over Christendom look like a petty dictator.

Also, anyone called a Christian that is showing no regard for the law of Christ, without any conviction against transgression, is simply them naming His name and are not at all born again and regenerated in their spirit and mind.

But Christians that find themselves in the sin of transgression as John said, have an advocate to confess and be forgiven and restored to the rightful race, so that all is not lost by falling down. We don't have to fall, and we are told by Peter that we can take steps in Christ and His word to ensure we don't fall, but falling in itself does not necessarily end the race for us in shame.

Double heartedness is a very real circumstance for many Christians, and I believe every Christian, except Jesus, has experienced it as Paul did, but it doesn't have to remain our whole Christian life on earth. Romans 8 is for those delivered from being double minded in Romans 7.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lust can be sin, but the sheep and goats of the bible (Matthew 25-31-46) makes it clear that selfishness is more correct the nature of sin. For instance one can have lust for one's spouse and it's not sin. Lust is defined as a very strong sexual desire. Sins outside that lust area of sinning are also selfish.
Lust is not just for fornication, but is the nature of sin: to corrupt all good things into evil, whether it is power, money, sex, food, drink, etc...

Lust also corrupts ministry for filthy lucre and power to being lords over God's heritage. Their lust for power over others drives them to dominate the faith of others, rather than be helpers in their faith.

You can call it selfishness of you want, but I let Scripture tell me what God calls it: Lust.

And self-interest is not selfishness. We are commanded to provide for our own needs and wants, lest we be worse than the infidels who have the right amount of self-interest at heart.