The Need for the Word of Faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. - 1 John 5:4

I am white, with tough luck going in, of Scottish descent, and at one time a very negative guy. The preachers in the churches I would attend would preach the "America is going to hell in a hand basket" type sermons but not put any kind of silver lining behind the message.

In the 1990's our factory hired several VT football players who were all black and of Word of Faith doctrine. They were on the Va Tech team that won the Peach Bowl in 1986. In all my years of knowing these guys I have never once heard the first negative word out of their mouth, everything they spoke was faith. They called me, "McCwowt" and would say things like...

"Do you know what over comes fear McCwowt? Action! Action overcomes fear"

"I'm getting out of here McCwowt" And then lay out some plan of escape. They would also come to me asking...

"What are you believing God for McCwowt?" And expect some great plan that would bring joy to their hearts.

They were also very schooled in the Word of Faith. If you had any pains at all they would offer to pray for you right then and there. They also broke me of my negative talk and for that I am eternally grateful. I would end up...

1. In Samples - Getting also to go on airplane trips abroad
2. A Lab Tech - Wonderful job in Chemistry, Metallurgy, and Waste Water
3. Waste Water - Experienced in sludge removal operations
4. Two degrees Magna Cum Laude with many awards

Now... I did not recommend one leave their established church for a Word of Faith church. What I am saying that without the Word of Faith I probably would have remained in tough luck and a very negative guy. Cutting ones teeth on the Word of Faith is to me a good thing. Moving on once the faith is in place.

Reactions: MatthewG and RLT63

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. - 1 John 5:4

I am white, with tough luck going in, of Scottish descent, and at one time a very negative guy. The preachers in the churches I would attend would preach the "America is going to hell in a hand basket" type sermons but not put any kind of silver lining behind the message.

In the 1990's our factory hired several VT football players who were all black and of Word of Faith doctrine. They were on the Va Tech team that won the Peach Bowl in 1986. In all my years of knowing these guys I have never once heard the first negative word out of their mouth, everything they spoke was faith. They called me, "McCwowt" and would say things like...

"Do you know what over comes fear McCwowt? Action! Action overcomes fear"

"I'm getting out of here McCwowt" And then lay out some plan of escape. They would also come to me asking...

"What are you believing God for McCwowt?" And expect some great plan that would bring joy to their hearts.

They were also very schooled in the Word of Faith. If you had any pains at all they would offer to pray for you right then and there. They also broke me of my negative talk and for that I am eternally grateful. I would end up...

1. In Samples - Getting also to go on airplane trips abroad
2. A Lab Tech - Wonderful job in Chemistry, Metallurgy, and Waste Water
3. Waste Water - Experienced in sludge removal operations
4. Two degrees Magna Cum Laude with many awards

Now... I did not recommend one leave their established church for a Word of Faith church. What I am saying that without the Word of Faith I probably would have remained in tough luck and a very negative guy. Cutting ones teeth on the Word of Faith is to me a good thing. Moving on once the faith is in place.
I’ve seen my share of fakes and false teachers but I don’t judge everyone by the bad apples. For some it’s guilt by association and that’s not right

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve seen my share of fakes and false teachers but I don’t judge everyone by the bad apples. For some it’s guilt by association and that’s not right
The devil has been called the accuser of the brethren. If he can find a few bad apples he tries to make the whole tree out as bad.

• Wow
Reactions: RLT63 and MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@rockytopva, nothing wrong with ever asking a person "would like me to pray." "Would you like me to read you the bible? if you have any questions along the way just ask", I do not know what the word of faith is, but do know what the bible is and that is where everyone has to get started. Young or old, it doesn't phase me to say such words because the bible is filled with rich valuable wisdom. There are people who can't read and need someone to read it to them, so they can hear and listen, and as men or women whom have been in and through the bible and have grown and learned from milk to meat, to child to mature in Christ. They are able to help people along the way. That is what is important, establishing meaningful relationships, but also being your authentic self, and sharing your misfortunates through ones actions of wrong doing, and how the LORD has lead you away from those things the more you learn about his Son. It's not easy, and faith is the very first step, the next step is having love for God and love for your neighbor. Learning to die to yourself by picking up your cross, learning what it means to be buried in the grave with Christ, and learning what it means to be raised to newness of life. It takes a very long time to get that established for some, and some it make take a short while. The hope though is to love and not condemn or judge those around you in your heart and to take the step of faith, by walking, and also taking the step in the spirit over the flesh.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@rockytopva, nothing wrong with ever asking a person "would like me to pray." "Would you like me to read you the bible? if you have any questions along the way just ask", I do not know what the word of faith is, but do know what the bible is and that is where everyone has to get started. Young or old, it doesn't phase me to say such words because the bible is filled with rich valuable wisdom. There are people who can't read and need someone to read it to them, so they can hear and listen, and as men or women whom have been in and through the bible and have grown and learned from milk to meat, to child to mature in Christ. They are able to help people along the way. That is what is important, establishing meaningful relationships, but also being your authentic self, and sharing your misfortunates through ones actions of wrong doing, and how the LORD has lead you away from those things the more you learn about his Son. It's not easy, and faith is the very first step, the next step is having love for God and love for your neighbor. Learning to die to yourself by picking up your cross, learning what it means to be buried in the grave with Christ, and learning what it means to be raised to newness of life. It takes a very long time to get that established for some, and some it make take a short while. The hope though is to love and not condemn or judge those around you in your heart and to take the step of faith, by walking, and also taking the step in the spirit over the flesh.
Yes… And being careful not to create an, “Occasion for the flesh.” - Galatians 5:1

Reactions: MatthewG