THE NEW TESTAMENT AND WHAT THE CHURCH HAS TO LOSE

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm just talking reality.
Again, "Reality" is an extremely personal concept.
It changes for every person. I'm sure you've noticed that among all posters, how their reality is different from yours?
They don't read what you read, think like you think, see what you see? Have experienced what you've experienced?
Did you know that Hebrew used "Block Logic" has been translated to linear logic, as we read it?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, "Reality" is an extremely personal concept.
It changes for every person. I'm sure you've noticed that among all posters, how their reality is different from yours?
They don't read what you read, think like you think, see what you see? Have experienced what you've experienced?
Not when it comes to linguistics, grammar and word meaning.

Those are not personal concepts. They are essential to communication.

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not when it comes to linguistics, grammar and word meaning.

Those are not personal concepts. They are essential to communication.
Most people do not even look up the meanings for words.
So I guess you are mistaken.
I've not formally studied grammar in over half a century.
I don't know what linguistics means and I don't feel like looking it up.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most people do not even look up the meanings for words.
So I guess you are mistaken.
I've not formally studied grammar in over half a century.
I'm not mistaken.

Try this.

One person says the ball is blue.

Another person says is black.

The first person says it depends on how you define blue and black.

This conversation has reached an impasse because at least one has invented their own definition of blue and black.

Communication does not work unless there are rules of grammar and word definition.

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not mistaken.

Try this.

One person says the ball is blue.

Another person says is black.

The first person says it depends on how you define blue and black.

This conversation has reached an impasse because at least one has invented their own definition of blue and black.

Communication does not work unless there are rules of grammar and word definition.

I have a form of color blindness, so what do you propose
for your solution?

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church, the body of Christ, in this dispensation has not been given the new testament. If that would be the case, then we need to examine what the new testament is and how that would affect our understanding of what the church has in Christ.Jeremiah 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. This is the new covenant which God made with the house of Israel, not with the church, the body of Christ.

Oh? Which translation do you use?

Hebrews 9:15
Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant.

Hebrews 8:13
In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Luke 22:20
And likewise the cup after they had eaten, saying, “This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood.

Hebrews 8:6
But as it is, Christ has obtained a ministry that is as much more excellent than the old as the covenant he mediates is better, since it is enacted on better promises.

Hebrews 8:7-8
For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion to look for a second. For he finds fault with them when he says: “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will establish a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah,

2 Corinthians 3:6
Who has made us competent to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Romans 10:10
For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh? Which translation do you use?

Hebrews 9:15
Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant.

Hebrews 8:13
In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Luke 22:20
And likewise the cup after they had eaten, saying, “This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood.

Hebrews 8:6
But as it is, Christ has obtained a ministry that is as much more excellent than the old as the covenant he mediates is better, since it is enacted on better promises.

Hebrews 8:7-8
For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion to look for a second. For he finds fault with them when he says: “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will establish a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah,

2 Corinthians 3:6
Who has made us competent to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Romans 10:10
For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.
We are under the new covenant of blood given by Jesus at the Last Supper.

Hebrews is the new covenant given to the house and Judah and Israel. It begins at the rapture.

Or are you into replacement theology?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church, the body of Christ, in this dispensation has not been given the new testament. If that would be the case, then we need to examine what the new testament is and how that would affect our understanding of what the church has in Christ.

Jeremiah 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

This is the new coveanant which God made with the house of Israel, not with the church, the body of Christ.

Ezekiel 36:24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

The body of Christ was not promised a land.

36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

If the church is in the new testament, then we are declared to be unclean. The church, however has been cleansed in Christ (Ephesians 5:26).

36:28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

The church does not have any fathers and we don't have any land. The church has a position in the heavenly places; being placed in the covenant would rob us of our spiritual blessings (Ephesians 1:3).

Acts 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

The times of refreshing is the coming of the Lord. Israel is waiting for their salvation when Christ comes. Saying that the church is under the new testament denies that the church has forgiveness in Christ now (Ephesians 1:7).

1 Peter 1:5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Israel's salvation is future and putting the church in the covenant would rob us of the power of God for our salvation which we now have (Romans 1:16).

Romans 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Jesus says it is the "covenant unto them", which is Israel and not the church.

SUCH IGNORANCE!

That kind of ignorance comes from following men's doctrines of Hyper-Dispensationalism which doesn't have a clue about Old Testament history and who today is Christ's Church.

Per Bible history, the ten tribes of Israel ("house of Israel" after the split of 1 Kings 11) were scattered among the Gentiles, and lost their heritage as part of old Israel. God showed this through His OT prophet Hosea. The ten tribes would lose their feast days, new moons, and sabbaths. They became as Gentiles living among Gentiles!

This is why Apostle Paul quoted from the Book of Hosea in Romans 9, to Roman Christians, a portion in Hosea about a people that were not a people, becoming the sons of the Living God. Paul was pointing directly... to scattered Israelites joined with Gentiles, both together as believers on Christ, as His Church!

This means Christ's Church is ALSO made up of ISRAELITES from all 12 tribes! So HOW... can anyone try to separate them from Christ's Church!?@%*!?? It is impossible!

That's the easy way to know man's doctrines of Hyper-Dispensationalism that Doug has come here pushing, is a blatant false doctrine of devils. Those who came up with that doctrine have to be aligned with the devil, simply because the devil's servants DON'T STUDY THE BIBLE ENOUGH to know this simple matter about the 12 scattered tribes also making up the many-membered body of Christ today!

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SUCH IGNORANCE!
That's the easy way to know man's doctrines of Hyper-Dispensationalism that Doug has come here pushing, is a blatant false doctrine of devils. Those who came up with that doctrine have to be aligned with the devil, simply because the devil's servants DON'T STUDY THE BIBLE ENOUGH to know this simple matter about the 12 scattered tribes also making up the many-membered body of Christ today!

I've only heard passing mention of the scattered tribes, and becasue it is usually associated with racism, I've ignored any investigation.
So your anxiety about who is ignorant and why is without merit.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I was listing the particulars of the new testament and contrasting them to what we have in Christ

Without the new Testiment we donot know what we have in Christ. Your arguement depends on the very thing you dispise.