THE NEW TESTAMENT AND WHAT THE CHURCH HAS TO LOSE

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've only heard passing mention of the scattered tribes, and becasue it is usually associated with racism, I've ignored any investigation.
So your anxiety about who is ignorant and why is without merit.

I rest my case. Then you're a prime example of Doug's situation of heeding men's doctrines instead of doing your own Bible study of all of God's Word.

The matter of God splitting the old nation of Israel into 2 separate kingdoms, with 2 separate kings, and then scattering the ten northern tribes to Assyria and the land of the Medes, begins at 1 Kings 11 and continues to 2 Kings 18. You might try to open up your Bible and read that instead making assumptions of things you don't know anything about.

FYI, the Diaspora is what the Jews call their being scattered out of the holy land. Your thinking that talk about that means anti-Semitism shows just how ignorant you are of Bible Scripture and... history of Israel.

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I rest my case. Then you're a prime example of Doug's situation of heeding men's doctrines instead of doing your own Bible study of all of God's Word.

The matter of God splitting the old nation of Israel into 2 separate kingdoms, with 2 separate kings, and then scattering the ten northern tribes to Assyria and the land of the Medes, begins at 1 Kings 11 and continues to 2 Kings 18. You might try to open up your Bible and read that instead making assumptions of things you don't know anything about.

FYI, the Diaspora is what the Jews call their being scattered out of the holy land. Your thinking that talk about that means anti-Semitism shows just how ignorant you are of Bible Scripture and... history of Israel.
I've not commented on any of those topics. Ho..welll.
Enjoy your rest!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've not commented on any of those topics. Ho..welll.
Enjoy your rest!

Then Sir, I will remind... you of your words to me:

SkyWriting said:
"I've only heard passing mention of the scattered tribes, and becasue it is usually associated with racism, I've ignored any investigation.
So your anxiety about who is ignorant and why is without merit."

You admitted you'd only heard "passing mention of the scattered tribes", and then wrongly assumed "it is usually associated with racism". And then accused me of anxiety about who is ignorant and why. You actually reveal your ignorance and false assumption again when you say you haven't commented on any those topics. If you had at least... commented with Scripture on that topic you would have redeemed your honor. But to admit not really knowing anything about it, and making false assumptions, that does you no honor.

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then Sir, I will remind... you of your words to me:
SkyWriting said:
"I've only heard passing mention of the scattered tribes, and becasue it is usually associated with racism, I've ignored any investigation.
So your anxiety about who is ignorant and why is without merit."

You admitted you'd only heard "passing mention of the scattered tribes", and then wrongly assumed "it is usually associated with racism".

That was not an assumption. I was explaining why I've not looked at it any further.

28c441951772e6eed9230ca240dd01a6.jpg

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you try to insult MY intelligence because of my having studied God's Word, and you post irrelevant junk like that?
The four quadrants of knowledge are universal, yet poorly studied.
I seem to be tripping on your insult threshold a lot. .....sorrreeeeeee.

Last edited:

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church, the body of Christ, in this dispensation has not been given the new testament. If that would be the case, then we need to examine what the new testament is and how that would affect our understanding of what the church has in Christ.Jeremiah 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
1:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.This is the new covenant which God made with the house of Israel, not with the church, the body of Christ.

Hebrews 9:15
Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant.

Hebrews 8:13
In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Luke 22:20
And likewise the cup after they had eaten, saying, “This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood.

Hebrews 8:6
But as it is, Christ has obtained a ministry that is as much more excellent than the old as the covenant he mediates is better, since it is enacted on better promises.

Hebrews 8:7-8
For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion to look for a second. For he finds fault with them when he says: “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will establish a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah,

2 Corinthians 3:6
Who has made us competent to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Jeremiah 31:33
But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

1 Corinthians 11:25
In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.”