The nine commandments?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Nine Commandments!

Context of ex 20

Context ain’t biblical!
Not included as the Word of God!

Ex 20

1st commandment according to context ex 20:2-6

2 I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

2nd commandment according to context ex 20:7

7 Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

3rd commandment according to context ex 20:8-11

8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

4th commandment according to context ex 20:12

12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

5th commandment according to context ex 20:13

13 Thou shalt not kill.

6th commandment according to context ex 20:14

14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.

7th commandment according to context ex 20:15

15 Thou shalt not steal.

8th commandment according to context ex 20:17

16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

9th commandment according to context ex 20:17

17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

Reactions: MatthewG

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does the context of Jn 14 make Jesus “not” the way the truth and the life?

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Nine Commandments!

Context of ex 20

Context ain’t biblical!
Not included as the Word of God!

Ex 20

1st commandment according to context ex 20:2-6

2 I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

2nd commandment according to context ex 20:7

7 Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

3rd commandment according to context ex 20:8-11

8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

4th commandment according to context ex 20:12

12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

5th commandment according to context ex 20:13

13 Thou shalt not kill.

6th commandment according to context ex 20:14

14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.

7th commandment according to context ex 20:15

15 Thou shalt not steal.

8th commandment according to context ex 20:17

16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

9th commandment according to context ex 20:17

17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

There are actually 613 Mosaic Laws.
While certain moral laws have been repeated into the New Covenant, Acts 13:39 says you cannot be justified by the Law of Moses.
Romans 6:14 says we are not under the Law. This would be the whole of the Law of Moses and not individual laws. For Paul says he is under the law(s) of Christ (1 Corinthians 9:21). Hebrews 7:12 says the Law has changed. Colossians 2:14 talks about how Christ nailed to the cross those ordinances that were against us. Colossians 2:16 says we are not to let anyone judge us according to whether or not we keep the Sabbaths, holy days, and dietary laws, etcetera. There is no Sabbath command give to us by Jesus and His followers. There is no Sabbath day breaking sin listed among the other types of sins mentioned in the New Testament. So Exodus 20 is for Israel. Christians today follow Jesus and not Moses. The Old law is only good if one uses it lawfully (See: 1 Timothy 1:8). But in Acts 15, Gentile Christians are told that they do not have to keep the Laws of Moses. This would be the whole enchilada (i.e. the 613 commands) and not individual commands. Please read Acts 15 and pay special close attention to verse 1, verse 5, and verse 24.

So in conclusion:

Only 9 out of the 10 apply to us Christians today (Based on what the New Testament says). The New Covenant began officially with Christ's death and the Old Covenant ended at that point. A New Covenant means new commands. Jesus and His followers gave us these new commands

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are actually 613 Mosaic Laws.
While certain moral laws have been repeated into the New Covenant, Acts 13:39 says you cannot be justified by the Law of Moses.
Romans 6:14 says we are not under the Law. This would be the whole of the Law of Moses and not individual laws. For Paul says he is under the law(s) of Christ (1 Corinthians 9:21). Hebrews 7:12 says the Law has changed. Colossians 2:14 talks about how Christ nailed to the cross those ordinances that were against us. Colossians 2:16 says we are not to let anyone judge us according to whether or not we keep the Sabbaths, holy days, and dietary laws, etcetera. There is no Sabbath command give to us by Jesus and His followers. There is no Sabbath day breaking sin listed among the other types of sins mentioned in the New Testament. So Exodus 20 is for Israel. Christians today follow Jesus and not Moses. The Old law is only good if one uses it lawfully (See: 1 Timothy 1:8). But in Acts 15, Gentile Christians are told that they do not have to keep the Laws of Moses. This would be the whole enchilada (i.e. the 613 commands) and not individual commands. Please read Acts 15 and pay special close attention to verse 1, verse 5, and verse 24.

So in conclusion:

Only 9 out of the 10 apply to us Christians today (Based on what the New Testament says). The New Covenant began officially with Christ's death and the Old Covenant ended at that point. A New Covenant means new commands. Jesus and His followers gave us these new commands

I was making a point about context not commandments

maybe you could answer this no one else can?

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

1) were you “saved” without faith?
2) were you “saved” before you were born?
3) if it’s not your faith, then who’s?
4) what does quickened mean in vs 1?
5) since it’s grace and not something we do, your saying all men are saved?

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was making a point about context not commandments

Most believe there are 10 commandments that were given to the Israelites.
But today, only 9 out of the 10 commands (Sabbath excluded) applies to Christians today. Christians do not have to keep the Saturday Sabbath, dietary laws, holy days, circumcision, animal sacrifices, etcetera. Christians did not receive the 10 commandments, nor did they receive the 613 Laws given to Israel (via by Moses).

You said:
maybe you could answer this no one else can?

There are answers by other Christians if you seek hard enough on the internet. Granted, this is changing with the search by Google (Seeing they are becoming more anti-Christian). So searching websites like DuckDuckGo.com is a better option. It’s hard for me to break the mold of searching Google because I have done it for so long. But I find the results are better outside of Google at times. Good Christian articles I was able to find in the past I cannot find anymore with Google.

Check out this article to learn more:
Google Now Openly Persecuting Christians

You said:
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Gifts are generally received one time and families don’t generally take back those gifts to try and offer them again next year as a surprise.
This means a person can be saved one time in the past by God’s grace like the receiving of a gift, but what they do with that gift later is another matter. Gifts can also be ruined if the person does not take care of their gift.

You said:
1) were you “saved” without faith?

Well, this would be a “yes” and “no” answer depending on what context you are referring to.

John the Baptist said of Jesus, “Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.” (John 1:29). Except those who worship the beast in the future (Revelation 13:8) (Revelation 17:8), everyone has had their name in the book of life since the foundation of the world. Meaning, if a baby dies, they are saved by God’s grace even without them having any faith. For a baby is not capable of understanding what faith is yet. Yet, we know that king David believed his baby was saved (2 Samuel 12:23). Meaning, the whole world (the majority of people) were all saved by the Lamb of God. Jesus literally took away the sins of the world by saving most of humanity when they were a baby. No faith was required at this point in their life to be saved by His amazing grace.

But when a child grows up and they reach that point whereby they can sin (before a holy God), then they fall into spiritual death. This is when they need to have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ in that He died for their sins, He was buried, and risen the third day (for their salvation) (1 Corinthians 15:1-4). They need to seek forgiveness with the Lord Jesus (Romans 10:9) (Romans 10:12-13). They should receive Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior (John 1:12). This is when a person is born again spiritually.

You said:
2) were you “saved” before you were born?

I explained this above.

You said:
3) if it’s not your faith, then who’s?

The Bible is what we are to have faith in. Faith comes by hearing the Word of God (the Bible) (See Romans 10:17). We need to believe every word in our Bible. Believing God’s Word is the faith that God requires of us. The Bible is the connection point today for us to trust or believe God. Faith is ultimately something we must exercise. For without faith it is impossible to please Him (God) (Hebrews 11:6). But God puts forth the right words for us to believe in (which is found only in the Holy Bible). The faith God requires of us believers today does not exist outside of the Holy Bible. So we are to have faith in God’s Word. But we did not invent this faith in God. God provided the Bible for us to believe in. God provided the object (the Bible) (or the object of our faith) by which we are to have faith in. Your question is asked in a such a way that can potentially lead a person to think the wrong thing about faith. God gives every mean a measure of faith (Romans 12:3), but we did not invent the faith (So it’s not solely our ownership alone seeing we did not invent the object of our faith). Our faith that God is looking for is faith (a belief and trust) in His words.

You said:
4) what does quickened mean in vs 1?

It means to be “made alive” (spiritually). When I received Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior, and sought forgiveness of my sins with Him, it was like a light went on inside of me and I felt a love, joy, and peace that I had never known before. I wanted everyone to feel the way I did. I no longer wanted to live like the old man anymore in my sins but I wanted to live for the Lord and please Him. I was changed. The Word of God became a spiritually living book to me and it spoke to me (Whereas it was a dead book before).

You said:
5) since it’s grace and not something we do, your saying all men are saved?

I don’t believe in Universalism (i.e. that the wicked will also be saved in the end). That is a false teaching. The wicked will be destroyed in the Lake of Fire after the Judgment. Believers who were once saved by God’s grace can also later fall away from grace by refusing to obey God and enter the Sanctification Process by the Spirit to live a holy life.

There are two aspects of salvation.

#1. Initial Salvation by God’s grace through faith without works (a one time event in being initially saved) (Ephesians 2:8-9) (Titus 3:5) (Romans 4:3-5) (Romans 11:6).

#2. Sanctification of the Spirit (to live a holy life) and a belief of the truth (2 Thessalonians 2:13) (Romans 8:13) (Galatians 6:8-9). This is a continuation of the faith. For without holiness no man shall see the Lord (Hebrews 12:14).

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How are we quickend?

faith alone or baptismal regeneration?

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How are we quickend?

faith alone or baptismal regeneration?

We are quickened or made alive by faith alone (or belief alone). That is how faith first starts out. While faith starts off as a belief alone, faith manifests itself and grows into doing the work of faith or in being faithful (When we live out our faith).

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@theefaith

I have some questions for you.

What is your religious affiliation and core doctrinal statements?

Are you non-denominational?
Do you believe in the Godhead (Trinity)?
Do you believe in the Bible alone as your sole authority for all matters in regards to the faith?
Do you believe like the majority of Protestantism in that they interpret 1 John 1:8 as saying they will always sin again this side of Heaven (Ben though they don’t practice sin)?
Do you believe a Christian abiding in unconfessed sin is abiding in spiritual death or they are placing their soul in spiritual danger?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said: we have to have faith in the Bible!

but not the Bible alone right?

how do you know what is and what is not scripture? Ever read Dan 13 about susana?

Is the word of God limited to scripture or the English Bible societies 66 books of scripture?

Thanks

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are quickened or made alive by faith alone (or belief alone). That is how faith first starts out. While faith starts off as a belief alone, faith manifests itself and grows into doing the work of faith or in being faithful (When we live out our faith).

eph 2:8 say “not of yourselves”’if it’s not our faith how can it be by faith alone?

Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5 acts 2:38 acts 22:16 acts 8:36 and more says baptism is required

CANNOT enter the kingdom or receive grace and be united to Christ without baptismal regeneration?

Baptism is the initiation of the new and eternal covenant!

You cannot enter on you’re own or by “faith alone”!

You cannot receive Christ or grace by “faith alone”!

“Accept Christ as you’re personal lord and savior” is fundamentalist baptist tradition not found scripture!

Jn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

2 pet 1: 11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Baptismal regeneration a new creation in Christ! 2 Cor 5:17

A sacrament is an oath! A sacred promise from God! Ez 36:25-27
Acts 2:38-39 (this promise)

No baptism no grace!

A sacrament is an outward sign for all men including infants And a gift from God to help us see what he does inwardly and invisibly by his grace!

As grace Washes our souls in the merits of Jesus blood from original and personal sin, so the outward action of washing is visible!

without the outward action the inward action cannot take place!

Jn 3:5 Titus 3:5 water and washing
acts 22:16 wash away your sin!

Jn 3:5 Born again BY water and the spirit! Not by “faith alone”!

They did not go to Jerusalem and preach “accept Christ as you’re personal Lord and savior “

They went to the river (water) and they baptized! Jn 3:22

A covenant requires an outward sign of the inward action of grace!

Ez 36:25 I will sprinkle you with clean water and you shall be made white as snow.

Acts 22:16 washing away your sins.

Eph 4:5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism.

1 pet 3:21 baptism saves you.

You cannot enter on you’re own or by faith alone!

2 pet 1: 11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Heb 2:11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Baptism!

God breathed life into Adam, gen 2:7 and we received this life from our fathers!

Christ breathed on the apostles our spiritual fathers, we receive the new covenant life of God’s grace from them thru faith & baptism! Jn 20:21-23 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38 eph 2

Born again! Born from above!

'The Father has set his seal' on Christ (John 6:27) and also seals us in him (cf. 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:23, 4:30). Because this seal indicates the indelible effect of the anointing with the Holy Spirit in the sacrament of Baptism,

Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life." 87 The faithful Christian who I has "kept the seal" until the end, remaining faithful to the demands of his Baptism, will be able to depart this life "marked with the sign of faith," 88 with his baptismal faith, in expectation of the blessed vision of God - the consummation of faith - and in the hope of resurrection.

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 sealed by God (ez 36:25-27) in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

Sealed in the ark, sealed in the church the ark of salvation by God thru baptism!

Christ instituted the holy church for the salvation of all men, (repent and believe the gospel, with the institution of the sacraments to convey grace to sanctify souls!

Effects of faith & baptism!

Ez 36:25-27 washed in baptism, with a new heart and the Spirit
Jn 3:5 born again in baptism
Mk 16:16 faith & baptist
Acts 2:38 repentance & baptism
Acts 8:36-38 faith & baptism
Acts 22:16 baptism washes away sin
Rom 6:3 died with Christ
Col 2:12 risen with Christ
1 cor 12:13 baptized into the church
Gal 3:27 by baptism put on Christ
2 Tim 1:10 eph 2:1 and 5 brought to life
2 cor 5:17 new creation
Eph 1:13 sealed by the Holy Spirit
Eph 4:5 one baptism
Eph 5:26 faith and baptism
Titus 3:5 baptismal regeneration
1 pet 1:2 washed in Christ’s blood
1 pet 2:9 the kingdom of light
1 pet 3:20-21 baptism saves us!

“Faith alone” accomplishes nothing!
1 cor 13:2 even all faith (alone) without charity avails NOTHING!!!

Faith and baptism!

Scripture says none of the things about “Faith alone”!

2 Peter 1:11
For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

The Christian sacrament of baptism is the Initiation into the new covenant and must be ministered to you by the apostles!

“Faith alone”

Questions

where does scripture says we have died with Christ by “faith alone”?

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

where does scripture say we are members of Christ and his church by “faith alone”?

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

where does scripture says we put on Christ by “faith alone”?

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Where does scripture say our sins are washed away by “faith alone”?

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

where does scripture say we are saved or justified by “faith alone”?

1 pet 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!

The only reference in scripture to “faith alone” is James 2:24 NOT BY “FAITH ALONE”?

How can you enter by your own if it must be ministered to you? Baptism is done unto you, “not do it yourself by faith alone”

Jn 3:5 born again by faith alone?

Where is “Accept Christ as your personal lord & savior” is found in scripture?

They did not go preaching this line but went immediately to the river and baptized Jn 3:22

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Eph 4:5 one baptism

Why don’t it say one teeny tiny little act of “faith alone”???

When we first believed we are saved?

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

How can salvation be nearer than when we first believed if you’re saved by believing?

1 pet 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Matt 24:13 endures to the end Shall be saved.

How can salvation happen when we first believed if it’s the end?

If salvation is by “faith alone” then faith would be the greatest!
1 cor 13:13 charity is the greatest!

Even all faith much less “faith alone” without charity avails nothing!
1 cor 13:2

“Faith alone” unbiblical!

“Faith alone” is a heresy condemned by the authority of Christ in holy apostolic council!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@theefaith

I have some questions for you.

Traditional Roman Catholic!
Catholic Dogma!

Are you non-denominational?
No
Do you believe in the Godhead (Trinity)?
Yes and the divinity of Jesus Christ
Do you believe in the Bible alone as your sole authority for all matters in regards to the faith?
No
The Bible yes (not 66 prot.) Bible alone no
Bible and tradition (teaching authority of Christ in his apostles)

Do you believe like the majority of Protestantism in that they interpret 1 John 1:8 as saying they will always sin again this side of Heaven (Ben though they don’t practice sin)?
No, no such thing as Protestant faith or reformation
Do you believe a Christian abiding in unconfessed sin is abiding in spiritual death or they are placing their soul in spiritual danger yea we need repent confess Jn 20:23 and do penance

nothing about Mary the our spiritual mother?
Jn 19:26 heb 4:16 Lk 1:28 rev 12:17

We can study and debate anything you like only these be large subjects so one things at a time please

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bible Highlighter said:
Traditional Roman Catholic!
Catholic Dogma!

Ah, and this explains things. No offense, but to me: Catholicism is one of those obviously fake show time religions. There are so many problems with the Catholic Church I could write for literally days on why it is unbiblical and why it goes against all logic (Especially in light of history). But of course you are in too deep to see the forest from the trees.

Lot of things going on. So I may or may not have the time to do a thread on why Catholicism is unbiblical and it is also an attempt at ignoring true history.

But to argue with you about the baptism issue is pointless. You have chosen to follow the Catholic Church on this topic. So the battleground for you is not the Bible but it is whatever the Catholic Church says.

You just parrot what they say like a good slave puppet to mother church. My master is Jesus and His Word alone is my authority. Therein lies the difference between us.

I love you in Jesus but I hate your religion. It’s false beyond all measure (of which I hope to show in the future here on the forums - Lord willing).

May God’s love shine upon you (even we disagree).

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Implications:

Statements have implications that cannot be denied!

There are true and false implications!

Many times Jesus used implications instead of a direct answer.

Jn 18:33 are you the king of the Jews? Vs 36 Jesus said: my kingdom is not of this world implying that He is a king.

Lk 7:19 And John calling unto him two of his disciples sent them to Jesus, saying, Art thou he that should come? or look we for another?

Vs 22 Then Jesus answering said unto them, Go your way, and tell John what things ye have seen and heard; how that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, to the poor the gospel is preached.
Implying that He is the messiah.

Matt 12:28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
The kingdom is implied by the working of the spirit.

King: implies a queen.

New Adam: implies a new eve.

Disciple: implies faith, self denial, and suffering.

To reject the church is to reject Christ who founded it. Matt 16:18-19

To reject the teaching authority of Christ in his church or to accept the doctrine of the “Bible alone” is to reject Christ who established the teaching authority. Lk 10:16

The mother of God implies the divinity of Christ.

False implications:
To a fundamentalist the name of Mary implies false worship and idolatry feeding many misconceptions and misunderstandings.

The name Jesus implies salvation!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, and this explains things. No offense, but to me: Catholicism is one of those obviously fake show time religions. There are so many problems with the Catholic Church I could write for literally days on why it is unbiblical and why it goes against all logic (Especially in light of history). But of course you are in too deep to see the forest from the trees.

Lot of things going on. So I may or may not have the time to do a thread on why Catholicism is unbiblical and it is also an attempt at ignoring true history.

But to argue with you about the baptism issue is pointless. You have chosen to follow the Catholic Church on this topic. So the battleground for you is not the Bible but it is whatever the Catholic Church says.

You just parrot what they say like a good slave puppet to mother church. My master is Jesus and His Word alone is my authority. Therein lies the difference between us.

I love you in Jesus but I hate your religion. It’s false beyond all measure (of which I hope to show in the future here on the forums - Lord willing).

May God’s love shine upon you (even we disagree).

that’s correct but I will hold to the 66 books of you’re Bible to accommodate you and show that you’re reservation about the one eph 4:5 Jude 1:3 catholic and divine faith are really misconceptions and misunderstandings!

Do you really reject the Protestant sola of “the Bible alone”?

thanks

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that’s correct but I will hold to the 66 books of you’re Bible to accommodate you and show that you’re reservation about the one eph 4:5 Jude 1:3 catholic and divine faith are really misconceptions and misunderstandings!

Do you really reject the Protestant sola of “the Bible alone”?

thanks

You are making claims and assumptions of things about what I believe and what Protestants believe. I reject the label and not the teaching behind their claim. Protestants believe that the guiding of the Spirit is assumed under that label or name (i.e. Sola Scriptura). I have simply relabeled the name to make it more accurately fit what the Bible teaches. I don’t believe in extra biblical teachings or words that come from another church, or holy book, etcetera. The guiding of the Spirit to understand God’s Word is God highlighting or illuminating certain verses on a deeper level to your memory of verses that you know at first know on a more basic level. But again, I don’t believe this discourse will benefit unless I show you the darkness of your religion by God’s Holy Word. Right now, you are in too deep whereby you cannot see clearly. But God can break the chains of any false deception if anyone is truly seeking after the truth (Wherever it may lead them).

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Implications:

Statements have implications that cannot be denied!

There are true and false implications!

Many times Jesus used implications instead of a direct answer.

Jn 18:33 are you the king of the Jews? Vs 36 Jesus said: my kingdom is not of this world implying that He is a king.

Lk 7:19 And John calling unto him two of his disciples sent them to Jesus, saying, Art thou he that should come? or look we for another?

Vs 22 Then Jesus answering said unto them, Go your way, and tell John what things ye have seen and heard; how that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, to the poor the gospel is preached.
Implying that He is the messiah.

Matt 12:28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
The kingdom is implied by the working of the spirit.

King: implies a queen.

New Adam: implies a new eve.

Disciple: implies faith, self denial, and suffering.

To reject the church is to reject Christ who founded it. Matt 16:18-19

To reject the teaching authority of Christ in his church or to accept the doctrine of the “Bible alone” is to reject Christ who established the teaching authority. Lk 10:16

The mother of God implies the divinity of Christ.

False implications:
To a fundamentalist the name of Mary implies false worship and idolatry feeding many misconceptions and misunderstandings.

The name Jesus implies salvation!

The Catholics used to kill their own people for even having the Scriptures.
Then they killed William Tyndale for translating the Scriptures into English.
They attempted to kill King James and destroy the KJB translation with a super bomb that would have taken out of a good portion of the city.
Before 1943, you guys did not even allow the study of the Scriptures privately by the lay person. This merely shows the attempt of the wrong control over God’s Word by your own false religion.

full

Please be patient. I will attempt to expose your false religion (on a more indepth level) in it’s due proper time (Lord willing).

Side Note:

So before 1943, you would not even be allowed to reply back to me with a private reading or study of the Scriptures. You would have had to just blindly follow whatever your leaders said (with you not being allowed to think for yourself).