The One.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Let me show you how to unify all religions.

Do not all religions teach ethics based on what they believe is good & evil?

Although each faith, each religious institution differs on the details of good & evil.

They still accept that good & evil is something knowable.

The key here is to know good & evil in totality, once all religions do that then they will become unified.

This is how it will done, and how all religious institutions will one day be united into one.

They will all eventually accept that goodness in totality is a positive reaction to a negative infraction.

And that absolute evil in totality is a consequence for forcing their positives.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Do not all religions teach ethics based on what they believe is good & evil?

Although each faith, each religious institution differs on the details of good & evil.

On their own they cannot know it!

"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!" Isaiah 5:20-21

The key here is to know good & evil in totality, once all religions do that then they will become unified.

This is how it will done, and how all religious institutions will one day be united into one.
Men already tried this:

"And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.
And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded
And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.
So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.
Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth." Gen 11:4-9

They will all eventually accept that goodness in totality is a positive reaction to a negative infraction.

And that absolute evil in totality is a consequence for forcing their positives.
Your problem continues to be your presumption that men can fix their own problems:

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

Reactions: Nancy

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
On their own they cannot know it!

"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!" Isaiah 5:20-21

Men already tried this:

"And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.
And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded
And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.
So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.
Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth." Gen 11:4-9

Your problem continues to be your presumption that men can fix their own problems:

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23
See you tomorrow.

Reactions: amadeus

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Not possible, without the Power of God.
"Religious discourse, that affects the Political climate, always ends up on a political round table of diplomacy, and Diplomacy will never resolve a Spiritual disagreement"...
And WHY, the middle east has been in conflict for centuries and will remain in conflict until the Lord intervenes.

[QUTE]Do not all religions teach ethics based on what they believe is good & evil?[/QUOTE]

Good/Evil....Right/Wrong...yep basic concept in all religions.

Disagree. Not all religions DEFINE, good and evil...(right and wrong) the SAME.

What is called Good in One Religion is Called Evil in another Religion.

And, NOT all Religions Believe in the SAME gods.

Different gods, dictate what is good and what is evil, and the followers thereof, follow what they trust to believe.

This is how it will done

Nah.

Forcing....nah, choosing.

Glory to God,
Taken

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So how do you get someone to agree what is right or wrong? One religion thinks its good to blow themselves, their women and their children up in order to also take out members of another religion. How will you convince them this is not good?

And what if all religions but the one you hold DO decide that is good? But you don't think it is? Majority rules? Now your children will be taught it is good to blow themselves up in order to kill others?

Its another case of you speaking before you think something through.

And you yourself have earlier said we cannot know what is good or bad. You couldn't even agree with one person (me) that Hitler murdering millions was bad. So how are you going to agree with all religions in the world what is good or bad...??

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
So how do you get someone to agree what is right or wrong? One religion thinks its good to blow themselves, their women and their children up in order to also take out members of another religion. How will you convince them this is not good?

And what if all religions but the one you hold DO decide that is good? But you don't think it is? Majority rules? Now your children will be taught it is good to blow themselves up in order to kill others?

And you yourself have earlier said we cannot know what is good or bad. You couldn't even agree with one person (me) that Hitler murdering millions was bad. So how are you going to agree with all religions in the world what is good or bad...??
Good & Evil can't be ascertained by belief.

Why?

Because believing something is a good thing or something is a evil thing, is completely subjective. Belief doesn't require you to know something in totality. A total understanding of a right or wrong action is based on what you actually know, and you just can't believe your way into knowing anything.

Because faith is blind.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

by believing all things I guess, and having no religion?

Sure, you might get labeled an Atheist, just like the original "Christians," (who I guess were not the originals at all, most likely) but I honestly have found zero value in agreeing or disagreeing with anyone's opinion of say Hitler anyway. This might seem a bit harsh, but not a single one of those "Jews" died without God's permission, right?

They are kept in your face bc they generate more emotion than the Russians--who were btw your allies, and not your enemies?--that suffered up to ten times as many casualties bc of US subterfuge. So, not saying that I feel no compassion for even enemy Jews, don't get me wrong ok, the point here is that we can easily be emotionally manipulated by raw facts.
Hitler killing Jews is not "bad," unless God is now bad?

See how we moan about it now, right, but what is going to be asked of you on that day when that comes up is "Where (the hell) were US then, if that is such a big deal to US now?" Better to not let Emo vampires manip you into having an "opinion" at all I think. Try it, next Emo-Spurting yack someone tries to address you with. Unless you plan on selling them anything in the future :)

It is hard at first, yes; before it suddenly gets really easy, and you finally break the surface for that first breath of pure air. Hitler was doing God's will, as hard as that is to realize. I know this makes it sound as if God might be evil imo, but nothing could be further from the truth. You reap what you sow works on that level too, see, if you manifest Hitler God is not going to be passing out mulligans I guess