The Only Reason For Christians to Be Married.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you able to say what you think I am evading? I am not sure what you are talking about.

spare me your waffling and evasion. Post 8 is clear and concise in both meaning and intent to anyone who can read and comprehend greater than about a 3rd grade level.

Josh27

Aug 14, 2021
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Post #8 is a question from you asking for elaboration. Are you in charge of something, here?

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the qualifier are you seeing? Try to make sense here rather than being vague. Cite the qualifier you think I said.

I am making perfect sense and you know that- you are just deliberately waffling and spinning in a circle.

Go to post 8 and read your own words then the inquiry and then address it in context.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul stated remaining unmarried allows better service to God.

1 Cor. 17:32-33, "He that is unmarried cares for the things that belong unto the Lord, how he may please the Lord. But he that is married cares for the things that are of the world, how he may please his wife."

Pity those men in the trap of marriage.
Trap? Why a trap, if as a result of marriage we do not burn and we, the married couple, bless one another as ultimately please God rather than end up practicing fornication?

What if without marriage, we unable to work in our proper gift because we are distracted by the lust of the flesh? So then if fornication would be our out, would it not best to follow Paul's advice and get married?

"For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that.
I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I.
But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn." I Cor 7:7-9

Are there any or even many who have avoided that burning by getting married and as a result have been blessed of God?

On the other hand, how many of us are or have been as Paul? Jesus clarifies here:

"His disciples say unto him, If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry.
But he said unto them, All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given.
For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it." Matt 19:10-12

I would say that the number able to do as Paul did in this respect are probably few indeed... Does not Paul allude to it as well with these words?

"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." I Cor 10:13

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was the Genesis 2:18 statement about marriage made before Eve sinned, while she was still useful? Yes. After Eve sinned, all women became what they are today.

Actually, it was Adams sin that condemned us sir. If one parent would have remained faithful, we would have no inherited sin, that is why Jesus was sinless as his Father was perfect, whereas his mother was a sinner. All of us are a product of inherited sin.