The Order of Things to Come

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
The Order of Things to Come1. The Tribulation period and The Great Tribulation2. The Wonders in the Heavens (the sun will be blackened and the moon will turn blood red).3. The Day of the LORD.There is a lot of confusion out there because many people try to establish the timing of the Day of the LORD in multiple places or at a time it will not happen. The Bible clarifies the order of things to come:1. Matt 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 2. Matt 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 3. Joel 2:31The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible DAY OF THE LORD come.The following is a list of some of the passages that describe events that will be fulfilled on the Day of the LORD (which happens to occur after the “wonders in the heavens” and after the tribulation period.1 Thes 4:16For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18Therefore encourage each other with these words. 1 Thes 5:1Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2for you know very well that the DAY OF THE LORD will come like a thief in the night. 2 Peter 3:10But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.2 Thes 2:1Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers, 2not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by some prophecy, report or letter supposed to have come from us, saying that the DAY OF THE LORD has already come. 3Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for (that day will not come) until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[a] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. I find it rather interesting that there was in the past (as well as today) an effort by individuals to confuse the timing of the DAY OF THE LORD and our being gathered unto him.In Yehoshua,Guy Smithhttp://www.geocities.com/guysmith123/144000

eliyahu

May 27, 2008
Have you read Kampen's book, "The Sign?" Are you "pre-wrath" AKA "mid-trib" rapture? You rose some good points too.
smile.gif

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Hello eliyahu,You stated: Have you read Kampen's book, "The Sign?" My response: I own the book, tried to read it but got lost just a few pages in.You stated: Are you "pre-wrath" AKA "mid-trib" rapture?My response: I have a problem with the word rapture (which is not in the Bible). It brings only confusion. However, I do see the "first resurrection" (which is in the Bible) which is slated to occur on "the day of the LORD" after the tribulation.Are you pre-wrath AKA "mid-trib" rapture?In Yehoshua,Guy Smithhttp://www.geocities.com/guysmith123/144000

eliyahu

May 27, 2008
No, I am not. I am something like you described yourself. You should read the book though. you will learn something. You don't have to agree with everything he says or his conclusions. I sure didn't. But the book gives a perfect comparison of Mat 24's "gathering" with 1 Thes 4's "catching away." Either that book or his other one, The Rapture Question Answered. I know that the term "Rapture" is not in the Bible. But neither are the words Bible, Christianity, trinity, etc. It is a good term and everyone knows what it means rather than giving a long explanation for what you are meaning.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(eliyahu;51089)
No, I am not. I am something like you described yourself. You should read the book though. you will learn something. You don't have to agree with everything he says or his conclusions. I sure didn't. But the book gives a perfect comparison of Mat 24's "gathering" with 1 Thes 4's "catching away." Either that book or his other one, The Rapture Question Answered. I know that the term "Rapture" is not in the Bible. But neither are the words Bible, Christianity, trinity, etc. It is a good term and everyone knows what it means rather than giving a long explanation for what you are meaning.
Before I say anything...please do tell us what you mean by this "Rapture" What kind is the "catching up away" please explain...is it flying?

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
eliyahu,You stated: I know that the term "Rapture" is not in the Bible. But neither are the words Bible, Christianity, trinity, etc. It is a good term and everyone knows what it means rather than giving a long explanation for what you are meaning.My response: The Bible doen't contain these words and everyone agrees with the term Christianity, trinity etc. They all do not agree with the term rapture. And the Bible already has a term for what is being described; The First Resurrection.The problem with the word rapture, is that it allows prebies to confuse the issue of the resurrection. Every passage that prebies use to substantiate the pre-trib rapture is a passage that clearly is describing the first resurrection. Why use the word rapture when you can use the word resurrection? The reason they don’t is because if they did they would not be able to “spin” the pre-trib rapture. If everyone agreed that the word rapture was another word which described the first resurrection (at the end of the tribulation), then there wouldn’t be a problem. But the word rapture allows prebies to suggest that there are more harpozios independent from the first resurrection. In Yehoshua,Guy Smithhttp://www.geocities.com/guysmith123/144000

eliyahu

May 27, 2008
I said that everyone knows what rapture means, not that everyone agrees. Everyone does not agree on the meaning of Bible or trinity either. I see your point. I wish we all could just unanimously stop using that word for your above reasons. When I say the word "rapture" to someone who doesn't know I am post-trib or who doesn't even know about anything but pre-trib, they know what I mean but they read into the word that I am thinking it may happen at any moment. If they are thinking an imminent rapture, they are mistaken. If we can discuss the topic than everything will become clear to them about what I mean. People should not read timing into the word rapture. There are numerous views about the rapture's timing and it is just stupid to assume anything on someone without reason first, especially in this country in this day and age. But your statement is full of truth. I just don't want to nitpick when it is unneccessary. That could possibly cause a "foolish and stupid argument" Paul warned us to avoid.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Agree with most all of the above posts lets not let this get side tracked into to much rapture doctrine as Denver has banned pre-Trib rapture doctrine Anyone with any amount of Bible knowledge knows there is no Pre-trib Rapture taught in scripture. It is strickly mens doctrine.So lets make an attempt here to stay on subject. Of the order of things to come.thanksPS any pre-tribbers need not reply with your objections.

eliyahu

May 27, 2008
He banned pre-tribbers? Ha! Ha!! :angel10:OK lets set aside the pre-trib silliness and I will get into the heavier things in your first posts herre. I am not sure when I can. But I would like to definitely dig in with you. I post mostly on Friday through Sunday when I have lots of time at a computer at "work."

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(eliyahu;51349)
He banned pre-tribbers? Ha! Ha!! :angel10:OK lets set aside the pre-trib silliness and I will get into the heavier things in your first posts herre. I am not sure when I can. But I would like to definitely dig in with you. I post mostly on Friday through Sunday when I have lots of time at a computer at "work."
Just to clarify Pre-tribbers are not banned Just posting it as a biblical doctrine is banned. They are welcome to study with us and believe what they like