The Orthodox Preterist versus the Heretical Dispensationalist

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God keeps all his promises. Not just the ones you want him to keep

Stop being a pharisee, another looser who knows Gods word but has no comprehension of it
The Pharisees were purebred pedigreed Jews, the cream of the crop of your chosen people.

Not God's.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The only old covenant that has been superseded is the mosaic covenant. Because it could not save anyone

Of course not. Because it is an eternal covenant, eternal covenants do not stop. they continue on..

Get with the program, And make God a god who keeps his promises. and not a God who does not keep his promises.
Really enjoying those 100 ounces of silver, I see.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would I want to be one of your chosen people?
I have no chosen people. I was not given a special promise that no other nation was given.

anyway, keep it up. You keep making yourself look foolish.. Because now your just playing Games. You know I am not talking about the saved elect of God whom God purchased with his blood

Like many replacement theologists. You are so blinded by what you think we believe, you are unable to hear us.

your just hurting yourself.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have no chosen people. I was not given a special promise that no other nation was given.

anyway, keep it up. You keep making yourself look foolish.. Because now your just playing Games. You know I am not talking about the saved elect of God whom God purchased with his blood

Like many replacement theologists. You are so blinded by what you think we believe, you are unable to hear us.

your just hurting yourself.
Oh, so Jews are not the chosen people?

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
they are not MY chosen people..

you like twisting things don;t you.

Do you sit there looking and get all excited and say, I GOT YOU KNOW.. only to end up seeing you did not have them after all?

I would be ashamed.
Then whose chosen people are they?

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Who chose them and separated them?
29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

Chose them and separated them?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

Chose them and separated them?
Who separated Isreal as a nation.. Abraham was not Israel he was a gentile, who chose the nation through him and separated them from the rest of the world.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If anyone else wanted to see this mans pride. Here it is for all to see.

If I don;t agree with him, I am lost..
What do you mean "lost"? I certainly never said you are lost, as in unsaved, if you disagree with me. What did I do that's anything different than what you do? You believe everything you say is true as well, right? Is that pride or is it confidence? They are not the same.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you show me abrahams part?
Do you think Abraham (actually then only Abram) had no responsibility, Eternally Grateful? As I said, the call on the party opposite God in any of the divine covenants was obedience, to be perfect as He is perfect, to be holy as He is holy.

thats not true. I can make a covenant/ promise to someone I love, and not demand anything in return. People do it all the time
Well, two things to this:

1.) A covenant, by definition, is between between two parties and not unilateral, and​
2.) you're equating human covenants with divine covenants... which is fine in the sense of #1 above, but not okay in the sense that divine covenants are far higher than human covenants ~ as is the case with anything else... God's thoughts and ways are much higher than ours.​

Regardless, let's use the covenant of marriage as an example. Yes, one promises to love (which means far, far more than just to "have warm fuzzy feelings for," of course...:)), but the other makes the same promise... it is not unilateral.

In the case of Abram's covenant with God, it is understood that, in entering into this covenant with God, his end of keeping the covenant was (and is, in the case of all his progeny) perfect obedience. It is the same with Adam, Noah, Moses, and David.

can I do that perfectly? Is this required for God to keep saving me? or if I fail to do this perfectly. Will God break his covenant with me? Grace is free. if it must be paid for. its no longer grace it is works.
You misunderstand what I said. Is faith without works not dead? Our obedience and works are a natural result of the faith we have been gifted by God. If there is no obedience and works, then I would submit to you that in such a person there is no saving faith. You will remember that Paul writes to the Philippians:

"...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God Who works in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure." (Philippians 2:13)​

And will not each person be judged according to his/her works? Paul writes to the Romans:

"He will render to each one according to his works: to those who by patience in well-doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, He will give eternal life; but for those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, there will be wrath and fury" (Romans 2:6-8).​

Can you live up to Gods standard?
Not in and of myself, no, of course not, but Someone has done that for me... and paid the price to redeem me... :)

He has made many eternal covenants.. not just one
Ah, well, yes and no. Yes in that each lesser covenant is distinct in purpose, but no in that the one true Covenant is revealed in progressively better and fuller ways, and the lesser covenants are successively cumulative, finally being revealed in Christ Jesus, in Whom all things are blessed to us and Who is, as He said, the way, the truth, and the life.

so you believe the moment we are saved, we are saved.
Do you not? Do you not believe the following?

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? ... No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us... neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 8:35-39).​
"In love He predestined us for adoption to Himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of His will, to the praise of His glorious grace, with which He has blessed us in the Beloved. In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, which He lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight making known to us the mystery of His will, according to His purpose, which He set forth in Christ as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in Him, things in heaven and things on earth. In Him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of Him Who works all things according to the counsel of His will, so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of His glory. In Him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in Him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, Who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of His glory" (Ephesians 1:5-14).​
"...He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ" (Philippians 1:6).​
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to His great mercy, He has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God’s power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time" (1 Peter 1:3-5).​

Do you not believe in our eternal security in Christ? That we cannot "lose our salvation," because we are kept in God's power, through the work in us of His Spirit ~ this is sanctification ~ not ours? Surely you do... Yes, there will be many who "fall away," but the folks who do were or will have been never born again of the Spirit and saved in the first place. As John says;

"Children, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come. Therefore we know that it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us. But they went out, that it might become plain that they all are not of us." (1 John 2:18-19)​

there is only one king..
Oh, come on. Yes, Jesus is our King. What I related was a C.S. Lewis, Chronicles of Narnia reference ~ having been born again, we are... well, see above; we cannot lose our salvation.

Grace and peace to you.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think Abraham (actually then only Abram) had no responsibility, Eternally Grateful? As I said, the call on the party opposite God in any of the divine covenants was obedience, to be perfect as He is perfect, to be holy as He is holy.
No.

Because God did not say you do this, and I will do that

He said I GIVE YOU and your descendents after you….

God gave it to him as a gift.. Thr GIFTS and calling of God are irrevocable as paul says

the mosaic on the other hand was a covenant which had two terms, Gods and mans.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God separated the scribes and Pharisees for hell.
Unresponsive.

I am not talking about the scribes and pharisees. I am talking about when God called out the nation.

Your refusal to answer just shows me you are hiding from the fact you know I am right, and tryign to deflect.
Good luck

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Unresponsive.

I am not talking about the scribes and pharisees. I am talking about when God called out the nation.

Your refusal to answer just shows me you are hiding from the fact you know I am right, and tryign to deflect.
Good luck
Weren't scribes and Pharisees part of the nation?

If not, what were they part of?