The Perfecting Of The Saints

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 3:15,

Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

What is perfect? Perfect can means a few things here in this verse. Has to do with the maturing saint, and it has to do with the believer that knows they are in Christ. It has to do with your spirit, "he that is joined to the Lord is one spirit." The spirit of man was made perfect by Christ the moment you believed. The outer working of that fact is what people see and judge others on how they express it. Rightlyfully so but don't cast it all out with one judgement. Throwing the baby out with the bathwater they say! Ok look at soul and spirit; here is a good and easy way to divide them.

One is perfect and the other isn't, should be easy enough. One is complete and one isn't, one is perfect before the father, the other isn't. You need to divide the scriptures like that when you read them, knowing when it is referring to spirit, and knowing when it is referring to soul. Example; a verse like Colossion's 2:10 that says we are complete in him, that is spirit. You will never read your Bible and get proper understanding without dividing up verses to know what they are addressing. If you divide a verse that is meant for soul and you think everything is spirit, you missed it. There is a major distinction between soul and spirit and you must know the difference. It's not that hard once you begin to learn to do and practice it, you will never read your Bible the same. It will lead you to dividing all scriptures to know who is being talked to and where you fit in as a born again believer.

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
None of us can ever be perfect of ourselves however hard and long we try. The only way to achieve perfection is by letting the Holy Spirit into our lives and being guided by him.

Since I have been washed in the blood of Jesus God sees me as his own and he see me as he sees Jesus - perfect. Not of myself but through my Saviour and Redeemer and Lord.

As the saying goes a leopard can't change its spots. No but God could.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter says is best.

2 Peter 1:
To those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours, by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ: 2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord; 3 seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence. 4 For by these He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises, so that by them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust. 5 Now for this very reason also, applying all diligence, in your faith supply moral excellence, and in your moral excellence, knowledge, 6 and in your knowledge, self-control, and in your self-control, perseverance, and in your perseverance, godliness, 7 and in your godliness, brotherly kindness, and in your brotherly kindness, love. 8 For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they render you neither useless nor unfruitful in the true knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these qualities is blind or short-sighted, having forgotten his purification from his former sins. 10 Therefore, brethren, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you; for as long as you practice these things, you will never stumble; 11 for in this way the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be abundantly supplied to you.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 3:15,

Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

What is perfect? Perfect can means a few things here in this verse. Has to do with the maturing saint, and it has to do with the believer that knows they are in Christ. It has to do with your spirit, "he that is joined to the Lord is one spirit." The spirit of man was made perfect by Christ the moment you believed. The outer working of that fact is what people see and judge others on how they express it. Rightlyfully so but don't cast it all out with one judgement. Throwing the baby out with the bathwater they say! Ok look at soul and spirit; here is a good and easy way to divide them.

One is perfect and the other isn't, should be easy enough. One is complete and one isn't, one is perfect before the father, the other isn't. You need to divide the scriptures like that when you read them, knowing when it is referring to spirit, and knowing when it is referring to soul. Example; a verse like Colossion's 2:10 that says we are complete in him, that is spirit. You will never read your Bible and get proper understanding without dividing up verses to know what they are addressing. If you divide a verse that is meant for soul and you think everything is spirit, you missed it. There is a major distinction between soul and spirit and you must know the difference. It's not that hard once you begin to learn to do and practice it, you will never read your Bible the same. It will lead you to dividing all scriptures to know who is being talked to and where you fit in as a born again believer.

This is awesome @soulman . My prayers for myself have been to continually learn to divide the scriptures, your post opened up a new way for me to understand how to do this. Very timely post, for me anyhow :)
Thank you!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is awesome @soulman . My prayers for myself have been to continually learn to divide the scriptures, your post opened up a new way for me to understand how to do this. Very timely post, for me anyhow :)
Thank you!
Glad it spoke to you. Always looking for an easy way to communicate online, not always easy. You may have something in mind to say but getting it out is not as easy in a limited time in a thread.