The Plain Truth about the Roman Catholic Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There's no one more vile and seething and venomous than a catholic apologist.
False accusations of satanism is vile and seething and venomous.
Statement on the Trinity

So long as they are not strongly opposing the trinity, non-triniarians are allowed.
It seems Catholic bashing threads are allowed. There is a double standard with rules.

Denominational Posts – Excessive posts either attempting to either push a single denomination (or group) or attacking another denomination are included in this rule.

What a joke.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
False accusations of satanism is vile and seething and venomous.
It seems Catholic bashing threads are allowed. There is a double standard with rules.

Denominational Posts – Excessive posts either attempting to either push a single denomination (or group) or attacking another denomination are included in this rule.

What a joke.

While this back and forth battle is going on between Catholics and anti-cathlics I'm inclined to let you all fight it out. If I step in it will be to put an end to both topics against and supporting Catholicism based on my sense of fairness.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Roman Catholic Church claims to have started in Matthew 16:18 when Christ supposedly appointed Peter as the first Pope. However, the honest and objective student of the Scriptures and history soon discovers that the foundation of the Roman church is none other than the pagan mystery religion of ancient Babylon.

While enduring the early persecutions of the Roman government (65-300 A.D.), most of professing Christianity went through a gradual departure from New Testament doctrine concerning church government, worship and practice. Local churches ceased to be autonomous by giving way to the control of "bishops" ruling over hierarchies. The simple form of worship from the heart was replaced with the rituals and splendor of paganism. Ministers became "priests," and pagans became "Christians" by simply being sprinkled with water. This tolerance of an unregenerate membership only made things worse. SPRINKLED PAGANISM is about the best definition for Roman Catholicism.

The Roman Emperor Constantine established himself as the head of the church around 313 A.D., which made this new "Christianity" the official religion of the Roman Empire. The first actual Pope in Rome was probably Leo I (440-461 A.D.), although some claim that Gregory I was the first (590-604 A.D.). This ungodly system eventually ushered in the darkest period of history known to man, properly known as the "Dark Ages" (500-1500 A.D.). Through popes, bishops, and priests, Satan ruled Europe, and Biblical Christianity became illegal.

Throughout all of this, however, there remained individual groups of true Christians, such as the Waldensens and the Anabaptists who would not conform to the Roman system.

The rest of the article can be read at the link below.

The Plain Truth about the Roman Catholic Church
Ummmm, you DO have some historical documentation for your claims about Constantine (in RED) - don't you?

Yeah - I didn't think so . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where did Peter get into this? I'm talking about the catholic church, founded by satan to deceived those who are spiritually blind. That same church that is plague with pedophile priest. Everytime one turn around there's a news report of them sexually abusing a child.
You mean - like the sex pervert problem in all of your PROTESTANT sects??
OR, are you talking about something else??

Evangelical Sex Abuse Record ‘Worse’ Than Catholic, Says Billy Graham’s Grandson

Protestant Churches Grapple With Growing Sexual Abuse Crisis : NPR

Protestants can no longer dismiss abuse as a ‘Catholic problem’

Child Sex Abuse More Prevalent Among Protestants Than Among Catholics

There Is More Sexual Abuse In The Protestant Churches Than Catholic

Catholic priests no guiltier of sex abuse than other clergy

Data Shed Light on Child Sexual Abuse by Protestant Clergy

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
While this back and forth battle is going on between Catholics and anti-cathlics I'm inclined to let you all fight it out. If I step in it will be to put an end to both topics against and supporting Catholicism based on my sense of fairness.
Then it's "fair" for you to be accused of satanism. Catholicism is only "supported" when it is defended against misrepresentations and blatant lies.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
verzanumi24 EXPOSED
Your "United Church of God" is a made-in-America cult, founded in 1995. Doctrinally, it is an offshoot of the Seventh Day Adventists. Like them, you are forced to hurl juvenile insults at the CC to justify your pathetically late arrival, and bolster your man made system.
Your cult denies the Trinity. There was a time when denial of the Trinity was not permitted, and the Nicene Creed was the yardstick of orthodoxy. Anti-Trinitarians like you were not welcome here, but I notice in the past few months, there are no rules, and hate cultists like you ramble on unchecked. To prove my point, I will report your psychotic drivel, and nothing will happen.

You may deny supporting the United Church of God, but you have a link to their page.

LOL I have never heard of that church in my life....never been a member. Nice try, but you are so way off bass that you are miles from the ball park.

Last edited:

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Every time you turn around, there are more news reports about Protestant pastors sexually abusing a child. Your drum pounding about sex abuse backfires like it has on several threads.
Tell me how satan formed the canon of scripture in 397 AD. Use references.
Tell me how satan finalized the Divinity or Godhood of Christ 325, and the full doctrine of the Trinity in 381. Use references.
Tell me how satan proclaimed the dogma of the Two Natures of Christ (God and Man) was proclaimed in 451. These decisions of General Councils of the Church were in response to challenging heresies.

Good luck with those references. Satanism was not establishes as a religion until 1966. The Satanic Bible was unheard of until 1969.

Why do satanists have a black mass that makes a mockery of the Catholic Mass? Evidently you can't tell the difference. Why don't satanist make a mockery of a Protestant service? Why do satanists steal consecrated communion hosts from Catholic Masses in an attempt to desecrate Our Lord's body, but can't be bothered with counterfeits?

Satanists Attack the Virgin Mary on Christmas

Opponents of the Church often attempt to discredit Catholicism by attempting to show similarities between it and the beliefs or practices of ancient paganism. This fallacy is frequently committed by Fundamentalists against Catholics, by Seventh-day Adventists, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Mormons, and others against both Protestants and Catholics, and by atheists and skeptics against both Christians and Jews.

The nineteenth century witnessed a flowering of this "pagan influence fallacy." Publications such as The Two Babylons by Alexander Hislop (the classic English text charging the Catholic Church with paganism) paved the way for generations of antagonism towards the Church. During this time, entire new sects were created (Seventh-day Adventists, Mormons, Jehovah’s Witnesses)—all considering traditional Catholicism and Protestantism as polluted by paganism. This era also saw atheistic "freethinkers" such as Robert Ingersoll writing books attacking Christianity and Judaism as pagan.

The pagan influence fallacy has not gone away in the twentieth century, but newer archaeology and more mature scholarship have diminished its influence. Yet there are still many committing it. In Protestant circles, numerous works have continued to popularize the claims of Alexander Hislop, most notably the comic books of Jack Chick and the book Babylon Mystery Religion by the young Ralph Woodrow (later Woodrow realized its flaws and wrote The Babylon Connection? repudiating it and refuting Hislop). Other Christian and quasi-Christian sects have continued to charge mainstream Christianity with paganism, and many atheists have continued to repeat—unquestioned—the charges of paganism leveled by their forebears.

Whenever one encounters a proposed example of pagan influence, one should demand that its existence be properly documented, not just asserted. The danger of accepting an inaccurate claim is too great. The amount of misinformation in this area is great enough that it is advisable never to accept a reported parallel as true unless it can be demonstrated from primary source documents or through reliable, scholarly secondary sources. After receiving documentation supporting the claim of a pagan parallel, one should ask a number of questions:

1. Is there a parallel? Frequently, there is not. The claim of a parallel may be erroneous, especially when the documentation provided is based on an old or undisclosed source.

2. Is the parallel dependent or independent? Even if there is a pagan parallel, that does not mean that there is a causal relationship involved. Two groups may develop similar beliefs, practices, and artifacts totally independently of each other. The idea that similar forms are always the result of diffusion from a common source has long been rejected by archaeology and anthropology, and for very good reason: Humans are similar to each other and live in similar (i.e., terrestrial) environments, leading them to have similar cultural artifacts and views. For example, Fundamentalists have made much of the fact that Catholic art includes Madonna and Child images and that non-Christian art, all over the world, also frequently includes mother and child images. There is nothing sinister in this.

The fact is that, in every culture, there are mothers who hold their children! Sometimes this gets represented in art, including religious art, and it especially is used when a work of art is being done to show the motherhood of an individual. Mother-with child-images do not need to be explained by a theory of diffusion from a common, pagan religious source (such as Hislop’s suggestion that such images stem from representations of Semiramis holding Tammuz). One need look no further than the fact that mothers holding children is a universal feature of human experience and a convenient way for artists to represent motherhood.

3. Is the parallel antecedent or consequent? Even if there is a pagan parallel that is causally related to a non-pagan counterpart, this does not establish which gave rise to the other. It may be that the pagan parallel is a late borrowing from a non-pagan source. Frequently, the pagan sources we have are so late that they have been shaped in reaction to Jewish and Christian ideas.

4. Is the parallel treated positively, neutrally, or negatively? Even if there is a pagan parallel to a non-pagan counterpart, that does not mean that the item or concept was enthusiastically or uncritically accepted by non-pagans. One must ask how they regarded it. Did they regard it as something positive, neutral, or negative?

Ultimately, all attempts to prove Catholicism "pagan" fail. Catholic doctrines are neither borrowed from the mystery religions nor introduced from pagans after the conversion of Constantine. To make a charge of paganism stick, one must be able to show more than a similarity between something in the Church and something in the non-Christian world. One must be able to demonstrate a legitimate connection between the two, showing clearly that one is a result of the other, and that there is something wrong with the non-Christian item.

In the final analysis, nobody has been able to prove these things regarding a doctrine of the Catholic faith, or even its officially authorized practices. The charge of paganism just doesn’t work.
more details here

I have my criticisms of protestant churches. But taking the history of the catholic church, and as far back as one goes you will see that it has a history perversion, far worse than any protestant church. It aligned with the Roman Empire with the blessing of the catholic church, waged death and destruction where ever the Roman empire went. No protestant church ever aligned itself with an empire and used it's influence in the way it has.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have my criticisms of protestant churches. But taking the history of the catholic church, and as far back as one goes you will see that it has a history perversion, far worse than any protestant church. It aligned with the Roman Empire with the blessing of the catholic church, waged death and destruction where ever the Roman empire went. No protestant church ever aligned itself with an empire and used it's influence in the way it has.
You cannot give any scholarly source for your lies, you cite no historian for your false histories, and your screeching is worse than the JW or the SDA. I followed your link on your signature. www.TheGospelOfThekingdom.info is a site belonging to the United Church of God, a Nestorian sabattarian cult, founded in 1995. If you deny any association with the United Church of God cult, then why is it on your signature?

Last edited:

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
You cannot give any scholarly source for your lies, you cite no historian for your false histories, and your screeching is worse than the JW or the SDA. I followed your link on your signature. www.TheGospelOfThekingdom.info is a site belonging to the United Church of God, a Nestorian sabattarian cult. Now you are lying that it is there.

That's my personal site.....I bought that link and have had that site for several years.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's my personal site.....I bought that link and have had that site for several years.
I apologize. But you have no satan paranoia nonsense in it. Refuting your irrational hatred for the Catholic Church deserves its own thread. Did you grow up in a dysfunctional family? I have a theory that severe anti-Catholics were abandoned by a parent, or a parent was emotionally absent, or they were abused. All that anger and pain gets displaced on a cardboard caricature of the Church, a symbol of authority. It isn't real. Your ranting and insults have no basis in reality. You need counselling.

sorry_if.jpg

Last edited:

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Statement on the Trinity

So long as they are not strongly opposing the trinity, non-triniarians are allowed.

"Not strongly opposing". What about actively preaching against? Because I've seen plenty of that here.
Does CB actually believe the Trinity is a scriptural doctrine that is an essential fact of Christianity?

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"Not strongly opposing". What about actively preaching against? Because I've seen plenty of that here.
Does CB actually believe the Trinity is a scriptural doctrine that is an essential fact of Christianity?
Mildly opposing the Trinity is ok. Strongly opposing the Trinity is perfectly acceptable as long as the
anti-trinitarian is bashing Catholicism.
If CB was honest about the rules, they would amend it to say:
Denominational Posts – Excessive posts either attempting to either push a single denomination (or group) or attacking another denomination are included in this rule, except Catholicism.

The charge "the Catholic Church is founded by satan" does not violate the current rule.

G_016_Persecution2.jpg

Mexico, 1928
genocide by the Freemasons

Last edited:

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian

So long as they don't make it personal with the members who hold to the trinity we let them speak their minds.

Yes the Trinity is an essential doctrine.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Mildly opposing the Trinity is ok. Strongly opposing the Trinity is perfectly acceptable as long as the
anti-trinitarian is bashing Catholicism.
If CB was honest about the rules, they would amend it to say:
Denominational Posts – Excessive posts either attempting to either push a single denomination (or group) or attacking another denomination are included in this rule, except Catholicism.

The charge "the Catholic Church is founded by satan" does not violate the current rule.

G_016_Persecution2.jpg

Mexico, 1928
genocide by the Freemasons

You want me to impose this rule, I'll be locking this thread as well.

OFFICE OF POPE IN THE BIBLE

Status
Not open for further replies.