The Queen of Canada

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hey.

She was on my mind after our conversation earlier

You got me thinking ... When I was in grade school we always sang God save the Queen and O Canada as well as saying the Lords prayer...

Now its just o Canada and our current 'elite' Liberals want to take God out of the anthem too... Havent managed to yet, thanks be to God...

Unfortuantely when Elizabeth II passes, I think all kinds of horrible things are going to be set in motion...

Indeed.. God save the Queen!

Reactions: Mister Michael

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hey.

You got me thinking ... When I was in grade school we always sang God save the Queen and O Canada as well as saying the Lords prayer...

Now its just o Canada and our current 'elite' Liberals want to take God out of the anthem too... Havent managed to yet, thanks be to God...

Unfortuantely when Elizabeth II passes, I think all kinds of horrible things are going to be set in motion...

Indeed.. God save the Queen!

What have you read, and where did you read it?
You know more than I do.

I do think that it will be a whole different world in England.
She has held things steady in the face of those who are her enemies.
And do think that she has a level of faith in God..as did her father...and she really does believe that the commission that fell on her shoulders at 21 was a calling from God. She has done it well. I would never have wanted her job...and I am sure she didn't either.

I think things will get nasty 'over there'....but I am clueless about whatever you feel is in store for Canada through her passing.. ???

Talk on.... :)

B

Butterfly

It will certainly be interesting when the Queen passes, not sure Charles will have the same influence.
I am not really a great royalist, but have always respected the Queen for her commitment, but watching documentaries it would appear that Prince Philiip had quite an influence on how the monarchy moved forward. Prince Harry and William have a lot of respect with most people.
I am intrigued as to why you think her death will bring about trouble for England though, I do not see the Queen as having much power over things, not like the monarchy use to - I mean look at our government at the moment - it's more like a school playground ( if you get my meaning ) The Queen had no control over the Brexit vote - that's down to a prime minister who made a promise to get voted in and could not back tract.

I understand that to the USA and Canada Europe may seem a mess because of immigration, but you know that's not the only thing that influences or impacts a country- how can we as Christians blame one thing for all the problems and fail to see that ALL countries are part of a fallen world and will have things within it that Satan can use - From the outside looking in both the USA and Canada have its fair share of issues- the USA has the whole gun control thing and mass shootings , so from where I am sitting - that's an issue we do not have , and see it as a big issue. That's because we are outside looking in, same with you looking at us ( England and Europe ). Not everything is bad in Europe and England - personally I think the western world has had its good years, we reap what we sow with regards to materialism and prosperity - greed and corruption has impacted both sides of the pond, what's the saying 'money is the root of all evil '
I must admit that the passage of scripture about taking the plank out of your own eye before looking at the speck in your brothers eye comes to mind.
It almost sounds as if you believe that sorting the immigration issue out is going to save you from everything that you see as being wrong over here - but that's only how the comments sound and come across to me - and so therefore I could be interpreting the meaning wrongly.
Butterfly

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some European countries are discouraging Muslim influx, even causing many to leave by instituting an "integration contract" which they must sign in order to remain. They agree to become part of the culture rather than screaming infidel and forcing citizens to convert to Islamic insanity.

In America such a contract would be fought by democrats, the aclu and every other leftist group. It would be nice.

We have such a contract called the constitution which is already denied by the teeming masses of sick headed ignorant, ready to give away what was so hard won.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I would like to know how the Queens passing will impact Canada.
Since the ‘70 I have thought she is only a photo on the wall in some Goverment buildings.
I hadn’t thought of any real ramifications. Until Philip mentioned it in a post on a different thread.

If our Justin T. is anything like his father (which he is) he will get rid of the monarchy’s influence totally ...if he can.

B

Butterfly

I would like to know how the Queens passing will impact Canada.
Since the ‘70 I have thought she is only a photo on the wall in some Goverment buildings.
I hadn’t thought of any real ramifications. Until Philip mentioned it in a post on a different thread.

If our Justin T. is anything like his father (which he is) he will get rid of the monarchy’s influence totally ...if he can.
Yes, it would be interesting to see how it would impact ' the commonwealth ' as many don't seem to want the British sovereign - but does the Queen have any impact on Canada anyway, I mean surely she has little impact now ?
Over here I can see that the monarchy brings in a lot of tourism, but I must admit I am not sure I really totally believe that it's right anymore- I think it's the hierachy I don't like, all the protocols
and rules - they definately live above everyone else and if they visit somewhere we have to are sure it ' looks okay ' - the queen is not allowed to see things as they are sometimes , and I do not think it's her but the establishment that she is a part of. Perhaps I think it is all a little bit out dated.
Rita

Reactions: Helen

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
but does the Queen have any impact on Canada anyway, I mean surely she has little impact now ?

Every act of parliament and legislatures requirs royal assent to become law.
Our constitution recognized Queen Elizabeth and her heirs as our monarch.
If Charles takes the throne upon her death there will be essentially no change, but if he abdicates the throne,
By the Canadian constitution , it would take unanimous consent of every legislature and the houses of parliament to give the crown to another.
Until that happened, further acts of parliament or legislatures would be invalid, lacking royal assent.
The chances of all 10 provincial governments agreeing on a new king or agreeing to a republic are close to nil...

Peace!

B

Butterfly

Every act of parliament and legislatures requirs royal assent to become law.
Our constitution recognized Queen Elizabeth and her heirs as our monarch.
If Charles takes the throne upon her death there will be essentially no change, but if he abdicates the throne,
By the Canadian constitution , it would take unanimous consent of every legislature and the houses of parliament to give the crown to another.
Until that happened, further acts of parliament or legislatures would be invalid, lacking royal assent.
The chances of all 10 provincial governments agreeing on a new king or agreeing to a republic are close to nil...

Peace!
Well I never knew that Philip , you learn something new every day x
I must admit I feel quite sorry for Prince Charles, he has been waiting so very long for the throne.
However I think we would accept Camilla now, it's taken a long time
Rita

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
However they have made changes to meet their foolish ideas about gender equality. At the very least, there should have been a referendum on this matter. Countries don't go around changing their national anthems. But for Justin Trudeau gender equality is more important than national security, a sound economy and good governance.

As to the Queen and Canada, the relationship is purely symbolic, since the UK has little or nothing to do with the government of Canada, and the Governor General simply rubber stamps whatever the liberals want (just like the Queen rubber stamps whatever her government decides).

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
since the UK has little or nothing to do with the government of Canada

The UK parliament no longer has any authority in Canada. But the Queen is the Queen of Canada, and her royal assent is required on the passage of any laws... Its in our constitution.. To change that, by law requires:

41. An amendment to the Constitution of Canada in relation to the following matters may be made by proclamation issued by the Governor General under the Great Seal of Canada only where authorized by resolutions of the Senate and House of Commons and of the legislative assembly of each province:

• (a) the office of the Queen, the Governor General and the Lieutenant Governor of a province;
Peace!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well I never knew that Philip , you learn something new every day x
I must admit I feel quite sorry for Prince Charles, he has been waiting so very long for the throne.
However I think we would accept Camilla now, it's taken a long time
Rita

Well I am learning things that I never knew too Rita.
I did not know about our government and passing laws ...until @Philip James
mentioned it the other day. I thought they just had a pre made rubber stamp for documents , never dreamed that the Brits were involved at all.
That actually "blows my mind" as they say.

I have never seen this Gov give a flying fig about England and I have always had the sense that they want to be totally free of her.

As for Charles, that surprises me too..when we were still living there back in there in England in 70's he gave every indication that he'd like to see the monarchy dissolved.
Has he actually said that he wants to be King?

My family ( not my aunts and uncles , long gone now)..have always been "for the monarchy" ...I will hate to see her go. I always hate the passing of the old guards.

I don't see it as outdated. Most countries would give their eyeteeth to have the history that England has.
I used to love going to the Tower of London when I worked in London, and seeing the Beefeaters Guards. Tudor uniforms and all..."bring it on! " :D

We have a rich heritage, both in the matters of powerful men of God of yester-year and our monarchy...the good, bad and the ugly...
Our past is very colourful to say the least. :D

Blessings....H x

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As for Charles, that surprises me too..when we were still living there back in there in England in 70's he gave every indication that he'd like to see the monarchy dissolved.
That was not such a bad idea. The days of kings and queens are long gone, and they are now merely figureheads. And British royals (particularly Charles) have made quite a mess of themselves. Charles may even be a crypto-Muslim from various indicators.

As to Canadian laws in the name of the Queen, that is purely a formality with no real substance. If the Queen had real power she would have already told Justin Trudeau to resign and stop embarrassing himself, Canada, and the Queen.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As to Canadian laws in the name of the Queen, that is purely a formality with no real substance. If the Queen had real power she would

I wish lol. She actually DOES have the power to disolve parliament... Maybe we should send her a petition :D

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Has he actually said that he wants to be King?

Thats one reason why I expect him to abdicate

B

Butterfly

That was not such a bad idea. The days of kings and queens are long gone, and they are now merely figureheads. And British royals (particularly Charles) have made quite a mess of themselves. Charles may even be a crypto-Muslim from various indicators.

As to Canadian laws in the name of the Queen, that is purely a formality with no real substance. If the Queen had real power she would have already told Justin Trudeau to resign and stop embarrassing himself, Canada, and the Queen.
Regardless of your views on his life have you heard about the Princes trust , which he instigated and set up to help young people get a start in life - it's an amasing organisation.
I have never really considered him abdicating, I personally would love to see William on the throne - think that would be interesting as him and William are ore in tune with the people.
Yes, I am not so sure the Queen shouldn't have told quite a few of our politicians to resign, I have often wondered what would happen if She has ever been tempted to say ' no ' to newly elected prime when they go and ask permission to form a government !
I guess for most of us we have never been without Queen Elizabeth, so I have no idea what it's like to lose one monarch and gain another. Interesting how the rules have all changed with regards to marriage and divorce - Both princess Margaret and King Edward having to choose to lose as a result
- now ' it's okay ' - kind of glad Margaret is not around to see it as I really felt sorry for her.
Rita.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If the Queen had real power she would have already told Justin Trudeau to resign and stop embarrassing himself, Canada, and the Queen.

Oh I LOVED that . :D :D
Ain't that the truth. LOL
No such luck though eh...

I guess we just have to trust God that He is allowing the countries and their governments to destroy themselves ...so that He can call TIME NO LONGER and usher in HIS Kingdom..

As Amadeus says "Give God The Glory!! " :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have often wondered what would happen if She has ever been tempted to say ' no ' to newly elected prime when they go and ask permission to form a government !

Hey Rita.
I think if she ever had done that...she would meet with some "accident" or die of some "stomach flu".
She probably remembers what happened the last time a Monarch did that..He had his head lifted from his body by an axe at the Tower of London. 1649

And no Monarch has tried it since!! :D

x