The reason that we go through the same things that the world.....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
does, is because we keep hanging around with them in Egypt in hard LABOR under the curse instead of with Christ who wants to take us out of captivity and SET Us FREE from sinful ways of DEATH.
When we promised to follow Christ.. that means we must leave Egypt(the worldlyways) Behind us and start walking as Jesus did to find our land of promise of the far country in the kingdom of God. Even though the actually kingdom does not come down till after the 1,000 yrs, we still do the will of God ON EARTH as it is in heaven.
At first we are put into the wilderness individually just as Jesus was, the Hebrews where for we MUST learn to depend on God for EVERYTHING. And as we step out in faith and start walking IN the Word, our wilderness little by little becomes a thing of the past and life gets easier and valleys and mountains are leveled and our Labor is Rest. And as we begin to SUBMIT to the Word we will hear from God the Spirit will guide you and feed you from the table of God as a child the manna the true Bread of life which is the Word of God who is JESUS THE CHRIST!

Matt 11:25-30
25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.
26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.
27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
KJV

Until you submit to the Word and Spirit of God to be a doer of the Word and not just a hearer only, allowing God to "OPERATE" IN US
to burn and cut away that flesh man with his lusts that holds you in bondage to Egypt, you can not enter into the Rest of God until begin to lean on Christ, being the Word, and the OLD MAN becomes the less dominate over our spirit man. When we excercise our faith, then our spirit gains strength over our flesh and so our flesh will not fall for the temptations of the devil.
The rest of God is when we do not depend on our ability to provide or protect ourselves as you see those without God do, making underground shelters to sustain THEMSELVES, equippeing themselves with GUNS, Seeking SELF sought provisions from their own hands and not believing God for them. Trusting in fallen man and their sorceries for the healing of your body that God created and is OUR HEALER when we abide in His Son who washes our sin... ful ways away when we allow ourselves to be EMERSED in The Word.
Come out of Egypt and Rest in Christ following the Word, casting ALL your cares upon God for EVERYTHING!

Blessings

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
Moses and the jews had to do some fighting,while in the wilderness on their way to the land of milk and honey.

I believe God helps those who help themselves.

I am Second

Jan 22, 2013
USA
I believe God helps those who help themselves.
That goes against everything the Bible teaches. Can you show me where that is at?

Our own power fails us when we rely on it rather than God. To believe that God helps those who help themselves, is not only foolish, but it’s proud.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
That goes against everything the Bible teaches. Can you show me where that is at?

Our own power fails us when we rely on it rather than God. To believe that God helps those who help themselves, is not only foolish, but it’s proud.
I really dont want to derail the original topic,but i will give you 3 examples of what i am talking about.

1.When Moses killed the slavemaster who was beating the slave.Did he do this on his own?or was it an act of God?

2.When David went and killed Goliath.was this a complete act of God?or did david do this on his own?

3.When Jesus went 40 days and 40 nights without eating and then confronted satan in the desert.what motivated him to do that?

Yes God supported the actions of these men.But they would never had taken place,had these men had not have shown the initiative.You cant lay in bed,and expect God to build your house,you have to go out and build it yourself.