The Restrainer and the Restrained

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

Obviously standing there looking up into the sky would be advisable if your pov were accurate?
No harm in having an expectation of Christ's future and prophesied coming. And there is far more scriptures, parables, prophecies etc that encourage us to look forward to His coming... Either as we are alive or resurrected... That will change everything.
Yet there is His expectation toward us.
Standing around looking heavenward doesn't help others learn of Christ's great love for them and the sacrifice he made on their behalf. (Unsure if you actually believe that either). So there are expectations both ways... Toward us by way of instruction and commandment... Toward Him by way of promise.

Last edited by a moderator:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I take it then that we have no business or right to expect the future to reveal anything different to what is going on now. The world in general continues in its rebellious wickedness...
yes, so iow "the sky is falling," yet when i ask you to state a single measure by which the world is getting worse you got nada?
The church continues for many to accomplish what they can by way of reformation and social reordering in order to help the downtrodden, the rest of the church continues its perceived role as a glorified spiritual country club.
if you choose to define "church" that way, sure; but that is not Church to me
There is no spiritual warfare between Christ and Satan and their angels, thus there is no ultimate game plan on God's part to secure victory
bc the battle has already been won, yes, you are not called to fight satan anywhere, you cannot Quote this anywhere
although you can still fight as long as you like of course
And little hope therefore of any of the suffering and death that reverberates across the globe without restraint is going to end any time soon.
things were so much better yesterday than they are today, huh bl?

ty for this, ok bl

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
In fact, you think everything is hunky dory, life has never been better, (at least according to the statistics)
oh, fwiw i don't care what the stats say, but sure is funny to me that most everyone believes otherwise, based upon...what?
May i ask what is your basis for believing otherwise, bl?
go 'head, say it :)
You really believe that God has no plan to change this crazy situation the world is in?
i really believe the world is passing away, bl, and getting all anxious about it reveals where one's heart is, wadr

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
He will tolerate forever the blasphemous claims of Rome... The deceptions that have darkened the minds and hearts of pagans and religionists the world over... the selfish sinful addictions that plague millions costing countless lives and causing immeasurable suffering in our neighbourhoods and towns... And tolerate also what you often and correctly name as the cult of Sol which dominates society and thumbs it's collective nose at God's authority and his laws.
You really believe that God has no plan to change this crazy situation the world is in?
leave the world is the plan, bl

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Obviously standing there looking up into the sky would be advisable if your pov were accurate?
No harm in having an expectation of Christ's future and prophesied coming.
ok once again ty, and i guess we are done
I have trouble justifying any belief that God does not hold accountable people who sincerely but wrongfully believed they were correct in what they believe and acted accordingly, (like murdering abortion doctors) when the true nature of their actions is clearly revealed in scripture.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Standing around looking heavenward doesn't help others learn of Christ's great love for them and the sacrifice he made on their behalf. (Unsure if you actually believe that either).
not sure what you mean here, the account has nothing to do with our responsibility to others imo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
i don't care what the stats say, but sure is funny to me that most everyone believes otherwise, based upon...what?
May i ask what is your basis for believing otherwise, anyone?

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'Let no man deceive you by any means:
.. for that day shall not come,
.... except there come a falling away first,
...... and that man of sin be revealed,
........ the son of perdition;
.......... Who opposeth and exalteth himself
............ above all that is called God, or that is worshipped;
.............. so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God,
................ shewing himself that he is God.
Remember ye not, that,
.. when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
.... And now ye know what withholdeth
...... that he might be revealed in his time.
For the mystery of iniquity doth already work:
.. only he who now letteth will let,
.... until he be taken out of the way.
And then shall that Wicked be revealed,
.. whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of His mouth,
.... and shall destroy with the brightness of His coming: ... '

(2 Thessalonians 2:3-8)

Praise God!

Hello there,

The Thessalonians had the advantage of having heard from Paul all about what he is referring to here, they would have been in no doubt as to what he was referring to when he spoke of one who would 'restrain' or 'hold fast'.

It is assumed by some that when the Church is raptured then the Holy Spirit will depart from the earth, but if this is true then the believing remnant of Israel who remain, and who will live through this terrible time of tribulation will be without the Holy Spirit's aid, and this cannot be the case.

So who is it that holds fast the man of sin? Revelation 9:1-2 and Revelation 11:7 informs us that it is
'the bottomless pit' or the 'abyss' that holds fast.

' the fifth angel sounded,
.. and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth:
.... and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.
And he opened the bottomless pit;
.. and there arose a smoke out of the pit,
.... as the smoke of a great furnace;
...... and the sun and the air were darkened
........ by reason of the smoke of the pit.'

'And when they shall have finished their testimony,
.. the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit
.... shall make war against them,
...... and shall overcome them,
........ and kill them.'

In Christ Jesus
Chris