the sabbath and why sunday

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I just reread this entire post and you have presented NO scripture you have repeatly condemned and sat your self up as judge on everyone here just because I delete your judgemental posts doesnt mean you havent made them. I repeat Sabbath means Rest and scripture says we are to Rest in Christ and do his Work this is the meaning of Sabbath (Day) that work can be visiting a hospital, helping a friend, reading his Word it has nothing to do with going to church it never did. Anyone who narrows their faith to sitting in Judgement over the many on a single issue That God's Word Warns You are specifically not to do.better re-examine the scriptures.Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath [days]:

bullfighter

Jan 21, 2008
(kriss;52773)
I just reread this entire post and you have presented NO scripture you have repeatly condemned and sat your self up as judge on everyone here just because I delete your judgemental posts doesnt mean you havent made them. I repeat Sabbath means Rest and scripture says we are to Rest in Christ and do his Work this is the meaning of Sabbath (Day) that work can be visiting a hospital, helping a friend, reading his Word it has nothing to do with going to church it never did. Anyone who narrows their faith to sitting in Judgement over the many on a single issue That God's Word Warns You are specifically not to do.better re-examine the scriptures.Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath [days]:
rev 12:17 rev 14:12 why do you not explain these ,i no you are stuck on jesus the sabbath ,i am talking about the forth commandment..i suppose you keep xmas and teach your children that christ was born then knowing that it was a pagen holiday ..i only judge what you fight to say is right and is not biblical...i do not judge you only warn of the path it leads to...and as i have asked from the beginning please till me these verses i give you and explain them...

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i suppose you keep xmas and teach your children that christ was born then knowing that it was a pagen holiday ..i only judge what you fight to say is right and is not biblical
You just decided to make a judgment call without even knowing! That's hypocritical!Proverbs 31:9
Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy.
Colossians 2:16
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

bullfighter

Jan 21, 2008
(Denver;52792)
You just decided to make a judgment call without even knowing! That's hypocritical!Proverbs 31:9Colossians 2:16
all you have to do is say no we do not we understand what xmas is or yes we do keep it ,which shows that we are still weak to worldly traditions...and my main point was the verses i gave..i know you and kriss may run this form and dislike people like me or feel my manner ofensive...but what i say is true and it was true with irac[ the crusade is still on,why does the pope want into the holy place ]..and this sabbath thing is important to get right ,or we can say everyone is right if they beleive in there hearts what they believe...i am not saying they will go to the lake of fire torment.they will have there part in it..I am not judging you or anyone..sometimes my english is wrong in the words that i use..

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
(bullfighter;52751)
do you not think it is strange that some thing that god santified and said keep holy and the same thing the pope changed you all fight to keep
I observe shabat [ie the seventh day]. Shabat shabaton. I also enjoy fellowship upon the first day.There is nothing wrong with church of a sunday. As long as we do not forget the shabat. For as Hebrews 4 says:9 There remaineth therefore a sabbath rest for the people of God. 10 For he that is entered into his rest hath himself also rested from his works, as God did from his. 11 Let us therefore give diligence to enter into that rest, that no man fall after the same example of disobedience.Did God the Father rest in Christ? Or did He rest upon a day?1 Corinthians 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy that shall be abolished is death. 27 For, He put all things in subjection under his feet. But when he saith, All things are put in subjection, it is evident that he is excepted who did subject all things unto him. 28 And when all things have been subjected unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subjected to him that did subject all things unto him, that God may be all in all.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
(kriss;52773)
Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath [days]:
I keep seeing this verse used. Yet, I have never read it with regard to judging what/which day, but rather I have read it as being with regard to how one observes these things.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Richard_oti;52825)
I keep seeing this verse used. Yet, I have never read it with regard to judging what/which day, but rather I have read it as being with regard to how one observes these things.
I dont see how you can read it any other way break it down Let no man therefore judge you (pretty self explanatory) in meat, or in drink, (by what you eat or drink)an example might be we are not to judge someone because they eat porkyet it breaks the health laws, Why because Christ fulfilled these laws, and what one eats or drinks is not a sin. (All things in moderation)will you still get sick if you eat alot of pork? yes, because the law of naturethat Pigs are scavengers without sweat glands to rid their bodies of toxens was never changed. the health laws were not changed, they were fulfilled in Christ(that is he died/paid the price for this sin)or in respect of an holyday, We are not to judge someone because they celebrate a certain holiday. Example: Easter it was never a given as a holiday, Yet we are not to judgeone for celebrating itor of the new moon, or of the sabbath [days]:Again we are not to judge someone over whether or not they follow observe New moons (lunar) or Sabbath. Why the same reason as above Christ fulfilled the Sabbath he never changed it, We are to rest from our Worldly Works, and do Gods work, but judging is Gods to do not man'sIf we break any commandment who's name do we repent in.? Following the Sabbath or not wont get you Salvation only Christ will Christ used the Sabbath and all days to do God's Work, as we should follow his example, are we to be judged lesser because we do Gods work on Thursday or Sunday? If we only do Gods Work only on Saturday are you judged more Worthy?The facts are the New testament never speaks of observing a Sabbath Day except to tell us not to Judge one on whether or not they observe it. However it does tells us the importance of Works and that upon belief and repentance we recieve the holy spirit becoming a new person, wanting to do good works, God's Work The people of the Old testament did not have Christ there fore is not the spirit of Christ now serveing the same purpose as the Sabbath of the Old testament? That is to make one want to do Gods Work everyday we are filled with his spirit?This is what is meant by he fulfilled it, he did not change it,it is keeping our hearts on him(Christ) ,planting seeds, praying, wittnessing ect. We rest from our Wordly things and do Gods Work in the name of Christ because he is the only way.We should do this everyday not on one day, it is because Sabbath is about doing Gods Work we are never to forget it.Does it hurt for one to remember this on the Sabbath(7th day) of course not, But that doesnt change we are never to judge one because they choose not to observe it. Our Works will be judged by God whether they were done on the 7th day or the 1st day

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Kriss;52827)
(Richard_oti;52825)
I dont see how you can read it any other way break it down Let no man therefore judge you (pretty self explanatory) in meat, or in drink, (by what you eat or drink) an example might be we are not to judge someone because they eat pork yet it breaks the health laws, Why because Christ fulfilled these laws, and what one eats or drinks is not a sin. (All things in moderation) will you still get sick if you eat alot of pork? yes, because the law of nature that Pigs are scavengers without sweat glands to rid their bodies of toxens was never changed. the health laws were not changed, they were fulfilled in Christ(that is he died/paid the price for this sin) or in respect of an holyday, We are not to judge someone because they celebrate a certain holiday. Example: Easter it was never a given as a holiday, Yet we are not to judge one for celebrating it or of the new moon, or of the sabbath [days]: Again we are not to judge someone over whether or not they follow observe New moons (lunar) or Sabbath. Why the same reason as above Christ fulfilled the Sabbath he never changed it, We are to rest from our Worldly Works, and do Gods work, but judging is Gods to do not man's If we break any commandment who's name do we repent in.? Following the Sabbath or not wont get you Salvation only Christ will Christ used the Sabbath and all days to do God's Work, as we should follow his example, are we to be judged lesser because we do Gods work on Thursday or Sunday? If we only do Gods Work only on Saturday are you judged more Worthy? The facts are the New testament never speaks of observing a Sabbath Day except to tell us not to Judge one on whether or not they observe it. However it does tells us the importance of Works and that upon belief and repentance we recieve the holy spirit becoming a new person, wanting to do good works, God's Work The people of the Old testament did not have Christ there fore is not the spirit of Christ now serveing the same purpose as the Sabbath of the Old testament? That is to make one want to do Gods Work everyday we are filled with his spirit? This is what is meant by he fulfilled it, he did not change it, it is keeping our hearts on him(Christ) ,planting seeds, praying, wittnessing ect. We rest from our Wordly things and do Gods Work in the name of Christ because he is the only way.We should do this everyday not on one day, it is because Sabbath is about doing Gods Work we are never to forget it. Does it hurt for one to remember this on the Sabbath(7th day) of course not, But that doesnt change we are never to judge one because they choose not to observe it. Our Works will be judged by God whether they were done on the 7th day or the 1st dayVery true post Kriss. So true. Amen!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(bullfighter;52788)
rev 12:17 rev 14:12 why do you not explain these ,i no you are stuck on jesus the sabbath ,i am talking about the forth commandment..i suppose you keep xmas and teach your children that christ was born then knowing that it was a pagen holiday ..i only judge what you fight to say is right and is not biblical...i do not judge you only warn of the path it leads to...and as i have asked from the beginning please till me these verses i give you and explain them...
Rev 12:1717And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.12Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. These are Christians who follow Gods Laws The Sabbath law is about resting from your Worldly Work and doing Gods Work Is this not the lesson Christ gave you. If you are doing Gods Work you are keeping the commandments Do you think you are more worthy because you do Gods work on Saturday as opposed to Sunday??read the above post.

bullfighter

Jan 21, 2008
(kriss;52834)
Rev 12:1717And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.12Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. These are Christians who follow Gods Laws The Sabbath law is about resting from your Worldly Work and doing Gods Work Is this not the lesson Christ gave you. If you are doing Gods Work you are keeping the commandments Do you think you are more worthy because you do Gods work on Saturday as opposed to Sunday??yes in understanding the beast and the decieving of the saints.if you do not fight the seventh day gods sabbath you will see the deception of the other[i do not judge for worshiping on any day the lord gives you rest,its about ezek 20:20 and math5 about rev12:17 rev14:12read the above post.
i am saying your salvation is not do to the sabbath ,it is gods sabbath that bring you to a better understanding of some things and not be decieved by other traditions.the health laws the rest laws no one is judgeing you ,it is a warning that if you follow man made traditions you will get decieved.also about the abomination spoken by danial that think to change the laws and times of god..god did not santifiy everyday as a sabbath ,he did the seventh day.those that understand this and keep the faith of christ will see clearly the beast .so then this is the warning i give you in the following of a man made tradition of sunday worship ,forgetting the seventh day that god said to remember.i am not a sda but i do see this clearly..and it is in gods word

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
Heb:4 For he spoke in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.6 Seeing therefore it remains that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:7 Again, he limits a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if you will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.9 There remains therefore a rest to the people of God.10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also has ceased from his own works, as God did from his.11 ¶ Let us labor therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened to the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
Hebrews 4 1 God's promise of entering his place of rest still stands, so we ought to tremble with fear that some of you might fail to get there.2 For this Good News--that God has prepared a place of rest--has been announced to us just as it was to them. But it did them no good because they didn't believe what God told them.*13 For only we who believe can enter his place of rest. As for those who didn't believe, God said, "In my anger I made a vow: `They will never enter my place of rest,' "* even though his place of rest has been ready since he made the world.24 We know it is ready because the Scriptures mention the seventh day, saying, "On the seventh day God rested from all his work."*35 But in the other passage God said, "They will never enter my place of rest."*46 So God's rest is there for people to enter. But those who formerly heard the Good News failed to enter because they disobeyed God.7 So God set another time for entering his place of rest, and that time is today. God announced this through David a long time later in the words already quoted: "Today you must listen to his voice. Don't harden your hearts against him."*58 This new place of rest was not the land of Canaan, where Joshua led them. If it had been, God would not have spoken later about another day of rest.9 So there is a special rest* still waiting for the people of God.610 For all who enter into God's rest will find rest from their labors, just as God rested after creating the world.11 Let us do our best to enter that place of rest. For anyone who disobeys God, as the people of Israel did, will fall.12 For the word of God is full of living power. It is sharper than the sharpest knife, cutting deep into our innermost thoughts and desires. It exposes us for what we really are.13 Nothing in all creation can hide from him. Everything is naked and exposed before his eyes. This is the God to whom we must explain all that we have done.14 That is why we have a great High Priest who has gone to heaven, Jesus the Son of God. Let us cling to him and never stop trusting him.15 This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same temptations we do, yet he did not sin.16 So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Gods rest is not the same as mans rest Mans sabbath is to rest form our Work of this World and do Gods Work.as Jesus did. God does his Work and then rests from doing his (Gods) Work If we were to follow God's Sabbath.We would be using the Sabbath to rest from doing Gods Work and that would be the oppisite of What we are supposed to do.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(bullfighter;52847)
i am saying your salvation is not do to the sabbath ,it is gods sabbath that bring you to a better understanding of some things and not be decieved by other traditions.the health laws the rest laws no one is judgeing you ,it is a warning that if you follow man made traditions you will get decieved.also about the abomination spoken by danial that think to change the laws and times of god..god did not santifiy everyday as a sabbath ,he did the seventh day.those that understand this and keep the faith of christ will see clearly the beast .so then this is the warning i give you in the following of a man made tradition of sunday worship ,forgetting the seventh day that god said to remember.i am not a sda but i do see this clearly..and it is in gods word
I Am sorry for you your knowledge of Sabbath is nill(none) I have tried to tell you over and over Sabbath was never a day of worship Never Why would Christ break a Day of Worship? Sabbath Day was set aside for man to Rest from his Worldly Works and do Gods Work It was Christ and the Good news that became Gods Work preaching teaching this truth that Christ is the Only Way is the Work we are to do this is Why Christ is said to have fulfilled the Sabbath. Your Dan. verse is not about Sabbath that was changed by God himself, by sending us Christ= Our Rest= Our Sabbath=Our Work

bullfighter

Jan 21, 2008
(kriss;52868)
Gods rest is not the same as mans rest Mans sabbath is to rest form our Work of this World and do Gods Work.as Jesus did. God does his Work and then rests from doing his (Gods) Work If we were to follow God's Sabbath.We would be using the Sabbath to rest from doing Gods Work and that would be the oppisite of What we are supposed to do.
in plain words is the fact of gods sabbath[for man] remains,and we do have rest in the lord .how do you carry on, with all the proof there is in plain words that there is something very speacial here for the children of god. and your assumptions come from what you think verses mean..jesus elaberated on what was good to do on the sabbath,stopping traditional conviction that the church leaders did..man its no big deal to honour the sabbath and keep it holy as you can ..the same as keeping from worldly coveting. we do our best to gain the benifits from this commandment however we fail, we are not condemed because of jesus but we strive to uphold the commandments for there are many friuts thereof..and it is the tradition of sunday leaders coming in jesus name that will lead children way from the path at a crucial point in time..Do you think we have time to set up a new system that people will follow blindly to the beast that has no foundation already.where it deceives the world where it changes the times and laws of god ..there is no time for something new this beast has been growing already and has it grip on the saints ,it will be hard for people to stand against the mark..god is no stanger to grief and death of his children.who will stand for you in those days of dispare and pain only in your faith will you have power to with stand ,what of all those around you your family friends what of there suffering,when will they turn against christ ..i say this will be terrible days .as in your faith right now could you give me twice what i demand .could you stop your life style and give all to the poor ..you would find many reasons why you would say no..[AND Personaly i feel we did not stand when our troops killed thousands in irac .that i know was a war built on lies ..may god help us when its our turn for grief may our faith be in christ and may we see the beast and its mark .....

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(bullfighter;52874)
(Kriss;52868)
Gods rest is not the same as mans restMans sabbath is to rest form our Work of this World and do Gods Work.as Jesus did.God does his Work and then rests from doing his (Gods) WorkIf we were to follow God's Sabbath.We would be using the Sabbath to rest from doing Gods Work and that would be the oppisite of What we are supposed to do.
in plain words is the fact of gods sabbath[for man] remains,we do have rest in the lord .how do you carry on with all the proof there is in plain words that there is something very speacial here for the children of god. and your assumptions come from what you think verses mean..jesus elaberated on what was good to do on the sabbath,stopping traditional conviction that the church leaders did..man its no big deal to honour the sabbath and keep it holy as you can ..the same as keeping from worldly coveting we do our best to gain the benifits from this commandment however we fail we are not condemed because of jesus but we strive to uphold the commandments for there are many friuts thereof..and it is the tradition of sunday leaders coming in jesus that will lead children way from the path at a crucial point in time..Do you think we have time to set up a new system that people will follow blindly to the beast that has no foundation already.where it deceives the world where it changes the times and laws of god ..there is no time for something new this beast has been growing already and has it grip on the saints ,it will be hard for people to stand against the mark..god is no stanger to grief and death of his children.who will stand for you in those days of dispare and pain only in your faith will you have power to with stand ,what of all those around you your family friends what if there suffering,when will they turn against christ ..i say this will be terrible days .as in your faith right now could you give me twice what i demand .could you stop your life style and give all to the poor ..you would find many reasons why you would say no..[AND Personaly i feel we did not stand when our troops killed thousands in irac .that i know was a war built on lies ..may god help us when its our turn for grief may our faith be i n christ and may we see the beast and its mark .....One question.Define church please.

bullfighter

Jan 21, 2008
(thesuperjag;52878)
One question.Define church please.
maybe also where i am alone with god .not sure aboout that one maybe you can enlighten me..

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(bullfighter;52880)
(thesuperjag;52878)
One question.Define church please.
maybe also where i am alone with god .not sure aboout that one maybe you can enlighten me..As for your post title...(bullfighter's post title;52880)
as far as i know where two or more is gathered
Could you be more specific please on that statement. Two or more gather in what?

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(kriss;52872)
Sabbath was never a day of worship Never Why would Christ break a Day of Worship?
Kriss I believe you are wrong regarding the statement above.You, yourself stated that Christ did not break the Law of Sabbath but the written rules that man had added to the Sabbath. Which is it? Did He or did He not break the Sabbath laws according to man? AND the holy convocation that pertained to sabbath, what was/is that?Holy: a sacred place or thing; rarely abstractly sanctity:—Convocation: something called out, that is, a public meeting (the act, the persons, or the place); Exodus 23:3 Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings.Please I ask you to show me and everyone else that the "holy covocation" (as defined above) is not a time meant for and of worship, a service, a time of obedience and bowing unto the Lord with not much different meaning to Christians and their services held every Sunday....Christ never broke a day of Worship unto the Lord...including the days of sabbath which include holy convocation (worship, IMO)

Status
Not open for further replies.