The Saving results of the Death of Christ !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with man made religion that goes out in the name of Christ is this:

They don't believe nor acknowledge that Christ Work alone for those He died for, His Sheep, that it made the salvation of their souls sure and effectual !
So people are supposed to just toss out all the passages that says a Christian is supposed to live holy lives that reflect the example Christ set? Are they supposed to ignore all the statements Christ made about putting His instructions into practice? There's a lot more to biblical Christianity than just believing Christ was the Messiah, that He was crucified, and was resurrected 3 days later.
The harvest of Christ's Death. Peace, the outcome of the cross. We believe that the Savior's finished work has rendered our[Gods Elect] damnation impossible, and our salvation certain,
I can't help but smh when Orthodox Christianity talks about "Christ's finished work", as if He has been doing absolutely nothing over the past 2 millennia. Have you not read the epistles where they teach Christ is currently working as a High Priest and Advocate? If a convert's salvation was guaranteed, Christ wouldn't need to be anybody's High Priest or Advocate.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So people are supposed to just toss out all the passages that says a Christian is supposed to live holy lives that reflect the example Christ set? Are they supposed to ignore all the statements Christ made about putting His instructions into practice? There's a lot more to biblical Christianity than just believing Christ was the Messiah, that He was crucified, and was resurrected 3 days later.
I can't help but smh when Orthodox Christianity talks about "Christ's finished work", as if He has been doing absolutely nothing over the past 2 millennia. Have you not read the epistles where they teach Christ is currently working as a High Priest and Advocate? If a convert's salvation was guaranteed, Christ wouldn't need to be anybody's High Priest or Advocate.
I dont know what you talking about.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For all those Christ died His death exclusively for them acquired:

Deliverence from the hand of our enemies, Luke 1:71-74
71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;

72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,

74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

This has to do with Spiritual enemies, what the crnal jews didnt understand. Jesus is a Horn of Salvation Vs 69

69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;

By His Death He becomes the Captain of our Salvation ! This also fulfills the promise of Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
The religion of man doesn't believe that the death of Christ alone results in the Eternal Salvation of all for whom Christ died, namely His Sheep Jn 10:11,15 or His Church Eph 5:25, or His People Matt 1:21.

His death for His people produces saving results Jn 12:32-33 23,24

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. 33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.

23 And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified. 24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

<<<the death of Christ alone results in the Eternal Salvation of all for whom Christ died, namely His Sheep Jn 10:11,15 or His Church Eph 5:25, or His People Matt 1:21.>>>

Yes.

<<<His death for His people produces saving results Jn 12:32-33 23,24>>>

Yes.

I have a question to ask you:

Besides eternal salvation or salvation unto eternal life for His people (elect Jews and Gentiles), does the death of Jesus Christ not result to salvation (not eternal; not unto eternal life) of the whole world, such as salvation from God’s wrath/judgment coming to them in this life on earth such as have come to wicked mankind in the days of Noah, or from God’s wrath/judgment such as that which came upon Sodom in the days of Lot?

Tong
R4811

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
<<<the death of Christ alone results in the Eternal Salvation of all for whom Christ died, namely His Sheep Jn 10:11,15 or His Church Eph 5:25, or His People Matt 1:21.>>>

Yes.

Yes.

Besides eternal salvation or salvation unto eternal life for His people (elect Jews and Gentiles), does the death of Jesus Christ not result to salvation (not eternal; not unto eternal life) of the whole world, such as salvation from God’s wrath/judgment coming to them in this life on earth such as have come to wicked mankind in the days of Noah, or from God’s wrath/judgment such as that which came upon Sodom in the days of Lot?

Tong
R4811
No

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ's finished work of redemption is sufficient and complete to save believers. (Romans 3:24-28) No supplements needed.

Reactions: ChristisGod

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:

Yes.

Yes.

No
Thank you for your answer.

At least I now know that you somehow see only the death of Christ limited to salvation unto eternal life and not see the universal benefit it provided for the whole world.

I understand now why you tirelessly repeat posting basically the same things over and over.

Tong
R4819

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your answer.

At least I now know that you somehow see only the death of Christ limited to salvation unto eternal life and not see the universal benefit it provided for the whole world.

I understand now why you tirelessly repeat posting basically the same things over and over.

Tong
R4819
Good we clear now!

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Deliverance from the wrath to come 1 Thess 1:10

10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.170

For He was raised for our Justification Rom 4:25

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

So again, those for whom offences He was delivered for, they the same consequently were delivered from the wrath to come

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The invalidation and dissolution of death of his power, Heb. 2:14

14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

2Tim 1:10

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

All for whom Christ died He will make alive from the dead, even spiritual death, it for them has been invalidated.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Deliverance from the works of the devil 1 Jn 3:8

8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christs death is a saving death because its a gathering death Jn 11:50-52

50 Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not.

51 And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;

52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice also that in Jn 11:50 that Christ dying equates to people not dying, [That the whole nation die not] this surely intimates that His death saves from death, meaning dying in ones sins. His death will prevent everyone in that nation from dying in their sins, which of course is the remnant according to the election of grace.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When it reads Jn 12:32

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

This is a solid declaration that those who Christ is lifted up in behalf of, as a consequence they will be made believers and converted to Him ! Its a declaration of His Saving Death !

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Old test scripture testifying to the saving death of Christ, His Blood for them He died for, or shed it for. Christs blood shed was in regard to a covenant death Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Now lets look at OT Zech 9:11

As for thee also, by the blood of thy covenant I have sent forth thy prisoners out of the pit wherein is no water.

That this is speaking also about Christ we appeal to Vs 9

9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

Which corresponds to Christ here Jn 12:12-15

12 On the next day much people that were come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem,

13 Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord.

14 And Jesus, when he had found a young ass, sat thereon; as it is written,

15 Fear not, daughter of Sion: behold, thy King cometh, sitting on an ass's colt.

Christs Covenant Blood brings Salvation with remission of sins !

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christs Death alone saved and redeemed them He died for, hear the testimony of the elders who sit around the Throne Rev 5:9

And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law has no claim upon those for whom Christ died. The curse spent itself on our Redeemer. We are dead to the law. We are righteous, justified, guiltless, innocent in Christ Those Christ died for are dead to the law Rom 7:4

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ’s Death Actually Saves

If the Lord Jesus died for absolutely everybody, then why are not all actually saved? Romans 6 makes it clear that those who are united to Christ in His death are dead to sin (6-7) and “alive unto God” (11), and will be raised bodily to glory (5). But many spend all their days “dead in trespasses and sins” (Eph. 2:1) and will rise in the “resurrection of damnation” (John 5:29). We can only conclude that they were not united to Christ in His death (i.e., He did not die for them), for if the reprobate were united to the Son of God in His death (i.e., if He died for them), they would die to sin and live unto God (Rom. 14:9; II Cor. 5:14-15).

Scripture teaches that both faith (Eph. 2:8-9; Phil. 1:29) and repentance (Acts 5:31; 11:18; II Tim. 2:25) are gifts of God’s grace. Faith and repentance are instances of “spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ” (Eph. 1:3). God’s blessings in Christ come through the cross (Rom. 8:32; Gal. 3:13-14). But “all men have not faith” (II Thess. 3:2) nor do all repent (Rev. 16:11). Thus faith and repentance were not purchased for everybody head for head on the cross and so the Saviour did not die for all. https://cprc.co.uk/pamphlets2/forwhomdidchristdie/