The Saving results of the Death of Christ !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The harvest of Christ's Death. Peace, the outcome of the cross. We believe that the Savior's finished work has rendered our[Gods Elect] damnation impossible, and our salvation certain,

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The religion of man doesn't believe that the death of Christ alone results in the Eternal Salvation of all for whom Christ died, namely His Sheep Jn 10:11,15 or His Church Eph 5:25, or His People Matt 1:21.

His death for His people produces saving results Jn 12:32-33 23,24

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. 33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.

23 And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified. 24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

There’s salvation by faith and repentance, then there’s the post salvation walk in the spirit and not after the sinful flesh, that is required of us.

Col 1:21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in yourmind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

Col 1:22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

Col 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and benot moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, andwhich was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Albert Barnes commentary for that verse:

If ye continue in the faith - In the belief of the gospel, and in holy living. If this were done, they would be presented unblameable be fore God; if not, they would not be. The meaning is, that it will be impossible to be saved unless we continue to lead lives becoming the gospel.

Paul says the church at Corinth that they had heard him preach the gospel, had received it, and stand in it, and they are saved:

1Co 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved,

EXCEPT...

Paul’s next words make their salvation conditional, by warning them that though they’d heard the gospel, received it, stand in it, and ARE SAVED, that they nevertheless can end up believing IN VAIN, if they don’t keep in mind all that he taught them:

1Co 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved, IFye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have BELIEVED IN VAIN.

What was it that Paul taught them that they had to keep in memory that he had preached to them, that can affect their salvation, and cause their receiving the gospel, standing in it, and being saved, to be IN VAIN?

He taught them that he has to control and subjugate his flesh daily, lest after preaching to others, he himself would end up a CASTAWAY - adokimos in the Greek. - a reprobate (rejected by God as one that failed the test).

1Co 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Albert Barnes exegetes the text:

“The simple idea of Paul is, that he was afraid that he should be disapproved, rejected, cast off; that it would appear, after all, that he had no religion, and would then be cast away as unfit to enter into heaven”.

By subjugation of his body, Paul refers to the flesh, the fleshly desire to sin, i e, commit works of the flesh, as seen in another of Paul’s warnings to the saints, to the brethren against being DECEIVED:

Gal 5:16 This - I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Gal 5:18 But IF ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Gal 5:19 Now the WORKS OF THE FLESH are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell YOU again, as I have also told YOU in time past, that they which DO such things shall NOT inherit the kingdom of God.

He also warned the brethren to examine themselves to see if they were still in the faith, or had become reprobate:

2Co 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

OSAS is bogus.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There’s salvation by faith and repentance, then there’s the post salvation walk in the spirit and not after the sinful flesh, that is required of us.

Col 1:21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in yourmind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

Col 1:22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

Col 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and benot moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, andwhich was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Albert Barnes commentary for that verse:

If ye continue in the faith - In the belief of the gospel, and in holy living. If this were done, they would be presented unblameable be fore God; if not, they would not be. The meaning is, that it will be impossible to be saved unless we continue to lead lives becoming the gospel.

Paul says the church at Corinth that they had heard him preach the gospel, had received it, and stand in it, and they are saved:

1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved,

EXCEPT...

Paul’s next words make their salvation conditional, by warning them that though they’d heard the gospel, received it, stand in it, and ARE SAVED, that they nevertheless can end up believing IN VAIN, if they don’t keep in mind all that he taught them:

1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved, IFye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have BELIEVED IN VAIN.

What was it that Paul taught them that they had to keep in memory that he had preached to them, that can affect their salvation, and cause their receiving the gospel, standing in it, and being saved, to be IN VAIN?

He taught them that he has to control and subjugate his flesh daily, lest after preaching to others, he himself would end up a CASTAWAY - adokimos in the Greek. - a reprobate (rejected by God as one that failed the test).

1Co 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Albert Barnes exegetes the text:

“The simple idea of Paul is, that he was afraid that he should be disapproved, rejected, cast off; that it would appear, after all, that he had no religion, and would then be cast away as unfit to enter into heaven”.

By subjugation of his body, Paul refers to the flesh, the fleshly desire to sin, i e, commit works of the flesh, as seen in another of Paul’s warnings to the saints, to the brethren against being DECEIVED:

Gal 5:16 This - I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Gal 5:18 But IF ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Gal 5:19 Now the WORKS OF THE FLESH are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell YOU again, as I have also told YOU in time past, that they which DO such things shall NOT inherit the kingdom of God.

He also warned the brethren to examine themselves to see if they were still in the faith, or had become reprobate:

2Co 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

OSAS is bogus.
Faith and repentance are part of the saving results of Christs death.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith and repentance are part of the saving results of Christs death.

Faith comes from hearing the word of God, Romans 10:17, and repentance is not part of faith, it’s separate and is a choice we must make as part of conversion, Acts 3:19, and Paul taught we must have both faith AND repentance in Acts 2:21.

Here’s how repentance as part of being saved works:

Jesus said He came to call sinners unto repentance, and warned that unless we repent, we shall perish:

Luk 5:30 And the Pharisees and their scribes grumbled at his disciples, saying, “Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?”

Luk 5:31 And Jesus answered them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick.

Luk 5:32 I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance.”

Luk 13:3 No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.

In addition to the fact that Jesus came to call sinners unto repentance, He also said after His resurrection that repentance for the remission of sins must be preached:

Luk 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

Luk 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

And Jesus taught that we must ask for our sins to be forgiven before they are, in the parable of the unforgiving servant, in Matthew 18:23.

In that account, the King is God, the debtor is us, the large debt he owed the king is our sins, and debtors prison is hell.

The debtor asked the King to forgive his debt/sins, which the king did, and that kept the debtor out of debtor’s prison/hell.

Jesus also gives the example of a man at the altar repenting of his sins:

Luk 18:13 But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’

Luk 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified,

This, among other scriptures presented here, will establish that repentance - which includes asking God to forgive our sins - is required for salvation, alongside faith.

John wrote that we must confess our sins, to have them forgiven:

1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us oursins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Paul preached both faith AND repentance is necessary, not just faith:

Act 20:20 Andhow I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you,but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house,

Act 20:21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, AND faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Repentance towards God, and faith towards Jesus: both are needed, and are separate - repentance is not automatically part of faith.

And Paul further elaborates that repentance AND faith are required

Act 26:19 “Therefore, O King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision,

Act 26:20 but declared first to those in Damascus, then in Jerusalem and throughout all the region of Judea, and ALSO to the Gentiles, that they should repent AND turn to God, performing deeds in keeping with their repentance.

In one text, Paul preached repentance toward God AND faith towards Jesus - in another that we should repent AND turn to God.

Then in Acts 3:19, we are told to repent and be converted for the forgiveness of our sins:

Act 3:19 Repent therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out

In that text, repentance clearly precedes conversion and forgiveness of our sins - and as 1 John 1:9 makes plain, repentance includes confessing our sins to God, for their forgiveness.

Albert Barnes explains this about Acts 3:19:

“Sin cannot be pardoned before man repents of it. In the order of the work of grace, repentance must always precede pardon. Of course, no man can have evidence that his sin is pardoned until he repents. Compare Isa 1:16-20; Joe 2:13”.

Repentance must always precede pardon.

And the account by Jesus of the unforgiving servant asking God to forgive his sins and the king then forgiving him, and 1 John 1:9, backs that up perfectly.

If it were true as some claim that repentance happens after conversion, or is part of it, then Acts 3:19 would say this: Be converted and repent, that your sins be forgiven - instead of saying to repent and be converted.

Peter also told those 3,000 who were added to the church that day, to repent, and be baptized, in Acts 2:38.

It is unequivocally clear that repentance is separate from faith; that repentance is needed, alongside faith, as part of being saved ; and that repentance includes asking God to forgive our sins, and not just changing our minds about sin.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Christ died for our sins according to the scripture, the following things are true:

That we were sinners dead in sin without hope, and could do nothing to save ourselves. Matt 1:21; Eph 2:12

It means that God has chosen us in Christ Jesus before the foundation Eph 1:4 and wherein Grace was given to us in Him for the purpose of saving 2 Tim 1:9

It means that God has forgiven us all our sins and will not never charge them to us, lay them to our account ! Rom 4; 8;

If Christ died for us we have the Righteousness of God through Christ charged to us 2 Cor 5:21; Rom 4

If Christ died for us, His redemptive death secured our salvation from the curse of the law. Gal 3:13

If Christ died for us, we shall be given Spiritual life by the Spirit Gal 4:4-6

If Christ died for us, God will send to us the Gospel of our salvation. Eph 1:13; 2 Thess 2:13-14

If Christ died for us, God will preserve us unto eternal glory ! 2 Tim 4:18

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
curtis

Faith comes from hearing the word of God, Romans 10:17

Spiritual Hearing of the Word of God is a Saving result of the death of Christ. Jesus said of His Sheep that He lay down His Life for thise Jn 10:15-16

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Christ died for our sins according to the scripture, the following things are true:

That we were sinners dead in sin without hope, and could do nothing to save ourselves. Matt 1:21; Eph 2:12

It means that God has chosen us in Christ Jesus before the foundation Eph 1:4 and wherein Grace was given to us in Him for the purpose of saving 2 Tim 1:9

It means that God has forgiven us all our sins and will not never charge them to us, lay them to our account ! Rom 4; 8;

If Christ died for us we have the Righteousness of God through Christ charged to us 2 Cor 5:21; Rom 4

If Christ died for us, His redemptive death secured our salvation from the curse of the law. Gal 3:13

If Christ died for us, we shall be given Spiritual life by the Spirit Gal 4:4-6

If Christ died for us, God will send to us the Gospel of our salvation. Eph 1:13; 2 Thess 2:13-14

If Christ died for us, God will preserve us unto eternal glory ! 2 Tim 4:18[/scripture is crystal clear that QUOTE]

Scripture is more than clear that salvation comes by faith, confession of that faith, Romans 10:8-13, , choosing to repent of our sins so they are forgiven, Acts 3:19,and choosing to receive Jesus by calling on His name., John 1:12,:Romans 10:13.

It’s also clear that we are called, expected, and required post-salvation, to live a godly and righteous life and repent when we fail, and that any believer who lives a sinful life without repentance, does not remain in Christ.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
curtis

Scripture is more than clear that salvation comes by faith, confession of that faith, Romans 10:8-13, , choosing to repent of our sins so they are forgiven, Acts 3:19,and choosing to receive Jesus by calling on His name., John 1:12,:Romans 10:13.

It’s also clear that we are called, expected, and required post-salvation, to live a godly and righteous life and repent when we fail, and that any believer who lives a sinful life without repentance, does not remain in Christ.

You still dont get it friend, even though Im explaining these things to you with scripture.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What religionist are blind to as it pertains to the Death of Christ and its saving effects, is that Christ death procured life, both Spiritual and Eternal for them He died for. This Life is given, applied to them He died for by the Spirit, so by His death He gives life to the world Jn 6:33

For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

Life here is Spiritual and is imparted by the Spirit in Honor of His Saving Death !

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Scriptures declare of the objective and outcome of Christ’s death, in the most outright and positive terms: "When enemies, we were reconciled to God, by the death of his Son, and shall much more be saved by his life," Romans 5:10. "He died for us, that we should live together with him," 1 Thess. 5: 10. "God hath appointed us to obtain salvation by Jesus Christ,"

His death effects that we shall be saved by His Life [conversion] and that we shall live together with Him and obtain Salvation.

If we dont believe this, we certainly sell the effects of His death short, to our shame !

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Curtis it is true. Someone can easily become apostate and no longer stand with Jesus renouncing their faith. Some may not believe it is possible however everyone has self-Will choice. You know that already.

Reactions: Curtis

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Curtis it is true. Someone can easily become apostate and no longer stand with Jesus renouncing their faith. Some may not believe it is possible however everyone has self-Will choice. You know that already.
They were never saved by the Death of Christ.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Three things result from the death of Christ, for all whom He died, which if they dont occur in our life, its obvious Christ didnt die for us.

#1 We are reconciled to God Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

#2 We were spiritually healed Isa 53:5

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. CP 1 Pet 2:24

#3 We have peace with God Isa 53:5

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Col 1:20

And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Reactions: MatthewG

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ’s death obtained redemption Heb 9:12, if it purges the conscience Heb 9:14, and secures the eternal inheritance Heb 9:15, then there is a exact conjoining between Christ’s sufferings and his saving results; but the aforementioned is true, and therefore so is the last-mentioned.

Heb 9:12,14,15

12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those Christ died for, He redeemed them, and purchased their release from the dominion of the law and satan and secured upon them the Spirit of Adoption Gal 4:4-6

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Christ was sent into the world to be birthed of a woman, in order to keep the law, even unto death, which death redeemed them He died for [sons]

The word redeem exagorazō:
  1. to redeem
    1. by payment of a price to recover from the power of another, to ransom, buy off
    2. metaph. of Christ freeing the elect from the dominion of the Mosaic Law at the price of his vicarious death
  2. to buy up, to buy up for one's self, for one's use

See those whom Christ died for are under the dominion and power of satan Acts 26:18

To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Col 1:13

Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

The power of darkness here is the same as the power of satan !

Now Christs redemptive work redeems, rescues, frees those He died for from satans dominion which includes unbelief, since satan is instrumental in men being in unbelief by blinding their minds 2 Cor 4:4

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

and being rescued, delivered they receive the Adoption of Sons, which is the Spirit.

Christ dying for them evidenced them being sons, and causing them to receive the Sprit into their hearts.

Fulfilling the promise Ezk 36:27

27 And I will put my spirit[of adoption] within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Christ died, it was to save His People from their sins Matt 1:21, hence inclusive in His Death was all that was necessary to secure the intended saving effects of His death. Nothing was left up to man to do in order for His Saving Death would be fruitful, He is Saviour alone ! Rom 8:32

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another one of the saving results of the death of Christ is in order that, those He died for will receive the adoption of Sons, which requires sending the Spirit into their hearts Gal 4:4-6

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

All for whom Christ died, He redeemed Gal 3:13 and each one of them will in Gods good time , will be given the Spirit into their hearts confirming, validating their adoption of Sons. They will know God as their Father !

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christs saving death will result in everyone He died for, receiving a Divine Call into the enjoyment of the eternal inheritance. Heb 9:14-15
14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Eph 1:13-14

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth[The Call], the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scriptures points to the saving death of Christ for them He died for. Now all for whom He died had a legal union with Him and were in Him, so that when He died, they died with Him just as they had a legal union with Adam so that when he died, they died with him. So for those in Christ when He died for them, and rose again, so too also they having died in Him, must also be raised up in newness of life Rom 6:4-6

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

See those Christ died for shall walk in the newness of life, will be delivered from being a servant of sin, which is unbelief. In other words they for whom Christ died will be born again, partake of the renewing of the Holy Ghost Titus 3:5

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

The renewing of the Holy Ghost equates to walk in the newness of life in Rom 6:4 above.