• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How to be saved (born again) and join the family of God!!!

Romans: Chapter 10 verse 9-10-13 GOD SAYS=

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him
from the dead, thou shalt be Saved. For with the heart man
believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession
is made unto Salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the
name of the Lord shall be Saved....................

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

An example prayer for those that have never talked to God!

Heavenly Father:........................................... ...............................
I come to you in prayer asking for the forgiveness of
my Sins. I confess with my mouth and believe with my
heart that Jesus is your Son, And that he died on the
Cross at Calvary that I might be forgiven and have
Eternal Life in the Kingdom of Heaven. Father, I believe
that Jesus rose from the dead and I ask you right now
to come in to my life and be my personal Lord and
Savior. I repent of my Sins and will Worship you all the
day's of my Life!. Because your word is truth, I confess
with my mouth that I am Born Again and Cleansed
by the Blood of Jesus! In Jesus Name, Amen

Daniel L.

Feb 25, 2022
Lisboa
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal
when the spirit is again joined to God.....it is BORN AGAIN....as "One with God". .IN Christ"

Behold, the justifier of devils, believe only, do nothing, and be "made righteous" because "free gift". You know the devils also believe, and they tremble. The only thing that separates us from devils is if we keep His commandments, and His commandmants are not grievous.

- Unless you repent, you shall all likewise perish, In Him there is no darkness:

1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

- The only way you are "born again" is if you repent, and keep the commandments:

1 John 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
This is to be "MADE RIGHTEOUS"

You who say this do not know what is free-will, and how it is possible to be really good; that he who is good by his own choice is really good; but he who is made good by another under necessity is not really good, because he is not what he is by his own choice.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When you continue to state what you can't prove, you continue to play a fool's game
So, cobble that, quietthinker.

And Adam's body did die, as i wrote, but his spirit, did not......it only lost union with God's which is defined as a "death", but its not the same as the death of a mortal body,.. and that is because your spirit will never die.
its eternal., and once it leaves your dead body, its going to God.
Will it stay there?
Only if your spirit is born again. as Jesus told you that you must be born again., and water baptism can not cause this to happen.
What I hear Behold, is waffling from the imagination of your heart!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lake of Fire. Those who do not make Jesus's Standards are thrown into the lake of fire, they experience the Second Death. So, what would the first death be? I think I read somewhere that Jesus said, "Unless you are born first of water, You cannot be born again. So I always thought that in order to be born twice, I had to live my life and die. Then be born again in the world of God to be judged by him who earned the right to rule the Earth. My Mother gave birth to me with her water, everyone is born in water the first time. The born again concept in modern religion was introduced in the evangelistic period of the late 1960's and 1970's. We all should embrace being born again when we die. If we live our lives according to the laws of God, we have nothing to fear, and everything else is just......Nada
There's no fault in living according to the laws of God, but scripture very plainly says that no one is perfected by the law (of Moses in context) and also that those who fail in any point of the law are guilty of breaking it and under the curses of the law. You'll find this in the book of Deuteronomy:
26 ‘Cursed is the one who does not confirm all the words of this law by observing them.’
“And all the people shall say, ‘Amen!’ ”
Deuteronomy 27:26
And in the book of James:
10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all. James 2:10

So, according to scripture, if you choose to live under the law, you must live perfectly under the law for failure in any part leaves you under God's curse. Personally I prefer freedom in Christ. That isn't freedom from the law, but freedom from judgment and condemnation.

The law is fulfilled in two commandments:
37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.” Matthew 22:37-40

Now, it's relatively easy to love those that love you, but can you love those that hate you, that abuse you or would see you dead? Can you love those that would harm your family, see them suffer or die? That's the kind of love Jesus requires of us, the kind of perfection He taught in his sermon on the mount.

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, 45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so? 48 Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect. Matthew 5:43-48
If you can live up to that standard, that's just awesome. But in my relatively short life of 65 years, I haven't met one soul that could do so without the power of the Holy Spirit. Can you be as righteous as Christ?

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When God told Adam 'you shall surely die" if you take that Apple........ this was on one hand, true literal death.
As Adam's body died, and so will yours.

But there is the symbolic death......that is to become separated from God's Spirit........which is the "fall of Adam", into the "Adamic nature"
See that?
That is a death, but its not an end.......its a separation or a lost spiritual union between Adam's Spirit and God.

When Jesus tells you that you must be born again.....this means you must be reborn spiritually , as Adam was, before he became spiritually separated from God.
See that?
To be BORN AGAIN, and Jesus told you that you must be born again, to go to heaven......is the birthing of your spirit as born again into the Spirit of God, by the Holy Spirit.
End result? "ONE WITH GOD"..."IN CHRIST".

If this never happens to you before you die, then your SPIRIT ends up where you go when you have never been born again, = HELL..... as your BODY will be in a hole in the ground.
This is just a convoluted way of saying your beliefs are more important than biblical theology. Death means a total absence of life and awareness. There is a reason why Jhn 3:16 and Rom. 6:23 juxtaposes eternal death with eternal life. Someone doesn't perish when they continue to exist somewhere else.

The "Christian" idea of condemnation amounts to calling God a liar. The death penalty that was administered under the Sinai Covenant was a type of the second death. Paul reinforces this point in Heb. 4 where he talks about how Christians who fail to make it into God's Kingdom can expect to suffer a more permanent death in the lake of fire.