"the" seven angels/ no trumps sound in Revelation 8

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

goforit/leap

Sep 22, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
end of the 6th seal
"For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?"
Rev. 6:17

Malachi 3:2
"But who may abide the day of his coming? And who shall stand when he appeareth..."

The church waits for His appearing! (the rapture) 7th trumpet

"When Christ...shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory."
Colossians 3:4

Last edited:

goforit/leap

Sep 22, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 2:10
"Enter into the rock...hide...for the glory of his majesty."
day of the LORD begins
The church is here till that time!

6th seal ends with the people hiding from His face

when He shall appear - we shall be like Him

every eye shall see Him

goforit/leap

Sep 22, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev. 4:6
"...were four beasts..."

Rev. 6:1
And...one of the four beasts saying..."

Rev. 6:3
"...the second beast say..."

Rev. 6:5
"...heard the third beast say,..."

Rev. 6:6 "And heard a voice..."

Rev. 6:7 "...the voice of the fourth beast say,..."

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And after these things"...The "things" term is referring to other visions.
John is showing the starting point for a new fresh vision of scenes. New visions
can begin at any point on a timeline of the past, present, or the future. We don't want
to see this next part as being events that occur as part of the end of
the 6th seal.

Rev. 4:1
"After this I looked..."

Rev. 15:5
"After that..." not - these

Rev. 18:1
"And after these things..."
Rev. 19:1
"And after these things..."

"saw four angels"
John just then sees this specific group of angels for the first time///in the overall visions shown
to him up to this point.

You've failed to respond to anything I said! What is your point here???

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev. 7 and Ezekiel 7 are about times of trouble, when the end was near upon a place.
Ezekiel 7- the end has come the four corners of the land of Israel. It will lead to God
will hide His face and send the worst of the heathen (Babylon) to destroy Jerusalem.

Rev, 6:16

"...hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne..."

6th seal - God shows His face

Rev. 7 steps back in time to reveal why He will first hide His face from Israel and
punish her.

You're giving us your opinion for what you think Rev & Eze means. It is not beneficial to receive your opinion without proving what you assume through the Bible. You seem to simply be guessing and have given no reason for anyone to accept your guesses as eschatological truths. Please explain with Scripture!

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
end of the 6th seal
"For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?"
Rev. 6:17

Malachi 3:2
"But who may abide the day of his coming? And who shall stand when he appeareth..."

The church waits for His appearing! (the rapture) 7th trumpet

"When Christ...shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory."
Colossians 3:4

From Old the first coming of the promised Messiah is what the prophets foretell would come. Christ has already made His appearance, just as the prophets foretell He would, at His first coming to earth a man. The second coming of the Lord shall be when the seventh trumpet sounds that time shall be no longer.

goforit/leap

Sep 22, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exodus 35

4"And Moses spake unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, saying, This is the thing which the LORD commanded, saying, 5Take ye from among you an offering unto the LORD: whosoever is of a willing heart, let him bring it, an offering of the LORD; gold, and silver, and brass, 6And blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine linen, and goats' hair, 7And rams' skins dyed red, and badgers' skins, and shittim wood, 8And oil for the light, and spices for anointing oil, and for the sweet incense, 9And onyx stones, and stones to be set for the ephod, and for the breastplate."

"...and they brought the LORD'S offering to the work of the tabernacle of the congregation, and for all his service, and for the holy
garments." v21
bold print added

This type of the people giving freely - willingly to make holy places will be repeated several times, later
with the temple of Solomon and Cyrus.
In the time of Solomon, David had gathered many things in preparation to build the holy temple to God
-where He would place His name, even the people of Israel gave willingly then. David told Solomon of
all of that - there was no number, and Solomon was instructed to add to it.

i Chronicles 22:14
"Now, behold, in my trouble I have prepared for the house of the LORD an hundred thousand talents of gold, and a thousand thousand talents of silver; and of brass and iron without weight; for it is in abundance: timber also and stone have I prepared; and thou mayest add thereto."

1 Chronicles 22:16
"Of the gold, the silver, and the brass, and the iron, there is no number. Arise therefore, and be doing, and the LORD be with thee."

Ezra 1:4 days of Cyrus
"4And whosoever remaineth in any place where he sojourneth, let the men of his place help him with silver, and with gold, and with goods, and with beasts, beside the freewill offering for the house of God that is in Jerusalem."

Ezra 2:68
"...offered freely for the house of God to set it up in his place:"

Ezra 8:25
"And weighed unto them the silver, and the gold...even the offering of the house of our God...all Israel
...had offered:"

Last edited:

goforit/leap

Sep 22, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 King's 10:14
"Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred threescore and six talents of gold,"

"Beside that he had of the merchantmen, and of the traffick of the spice merchants, and of all the kings of Arabia, and of the governors of the country."
10:15

added bold print

So, is this amount from a freewill offering given by the people of Israel under Solomon to set up the
holy temple?

The pattern of freewill offerings began with God telling Moses to do it.

Exodus 25:1
"And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,"
"Speak unto the children of Israel, that they bring me an offering...willingly..." v2
"And let them make me a sanctuary..." v8

goforit/leap

Sep 22, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's difficult to follow what you are saying, though the little I can follow, 'sounds' like you have seen/noticed something about the language difference between for example "a throne" when it's first introduced and "the throne" when it's mentioned again, and "seven angels" when they are first introduced, and "the seven angels" when they are spoken about again.

You seem to be saying that it explains, or goes a long way to explain the "when" of whatever is being written about, is happening.

But I need to be spoon-fed and you're expressing the understanding you already have in your mind without adequately putting it into English, text-book style, as in fact A leads to fact B leads to fact C because what you have said so far is almost as 'cryptic' as the Revelation itself (because I need to be spoon-fed). So this isn't a criticism but a request for you to do a Fact A leads to Fact B leads to Fact C.

@goforit/leap I added this: So far you mentioned something about the voices, thunderings and lightnings, and I'm not sure whether or not what you see below is what you mean:

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, "which God gave to Him to declare to His servants things which must shortly come to pass" (Rev.1:1), is saturated with types and anti-types so that His saints, i.e those who have ears to hear what He is saying, will understand. So let's look at the biblical type of the 7th seal: Joshua 6:1-20

There were seven priests blowing seven trumpets when the walls of Jericho fell, and they fell when the 7th trumpet sounded, the 7th time the Israelite tribes marched around the city, on the 7th of 7 days.

I believe this is why we see the seven angels with seven trumpets when the seventh seal has been opened, and "the cities of the nations fell" when the seventh of seven angels poured out his bowl of wrath.

"And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.". (Revelation 8:6).

The seven angels have been appointed to carry out God's judgment:

"Voices, thunderings, Lightnings, and an earthquake"

The door that had been opened in heaven for John immediately before he was made aware of the scroll's existence, allowed John to be able to see the throne of God, so that he could be shown the scroll (which was still sealed with seven seals), and John saw "lightnings and thunderings and voices" coming out from the throne (Revelation 4:5).

We read of "voices, thunderings, lightnings, and an earthquake" when God speaks: We see it in Exodus 20:18, we see it used in poetic form by David in 2 Samuel 22:14-15, and we see it again in the seventh seal, the seventh trumpet, and the seventh plague or bowl of wrath:

View attachment 36633

And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air. And a great voice came out of the temple of Heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done! -- Rev 16:17

And He said to me, It is done. I am the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who thirsts I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely.
He who overcomes will inherit all things, and I will be his God, and he will be My son. But the fearful, and the unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, will have their part in the Lake burning with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.
-- Rev 21:6-8g​
"It is done"
This shows the time of the seven vials
full plagues will not end early. God will
not call back any of the judgments.
This is different than the seven first plagues...the seven trumpets will end early.
God will repent of some of the evil that
was to happen.

"For the LORD shall judge his people, and repent himself for his servants, when he seeth that their power is gone, and there is none shut up, or left.
Deuteronomy 32:36

"...when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things
shall be finished."
Daniel 12:7

Last edited: