The Seven Signs Of The End

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Some of you know these 7 signs already, but many don't. Our Lord Jesus gave 7 specific signs of the end of this world in His Olivet Discourse while upon the Mount of Olives with His disciples. It was not about the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans in 70 A.D., so I won't waste my time with those on that doctrine. The 7 signs are about the 7 seals, 7 trumpets, and 7 vials in our Lord's Book of Revelation. He only given 7 signs in Matt.24 and Mark 13, so that points to the seals, trumpets, and vials being three different sets of parallels to the 7 specific signs of the end. (I may jump back and forth between the signs in Matt.24 and Mark 13 because of slightly different detail. But it's still the same signs).

First Sign: DECEPTION; the first one our Lord Jesus gave paralles the event of Rev.6:1-2 with the rider on a white horse...

Rev 6:1-2
1 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.
2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.
(KJV)

Matt 24:1-5
1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and His disciples came to Him for to shew Him the buildings of the temple.
2 And Jesus said unto them, "See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down."
3 And as He sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of Thy coming, and of the end of the world?"

Christ's disciples asked Him what would be the sign of His return, and the end of this world. That's about the end of this present world, and the time of Christ's second coming, which is still future to us today.

4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
5 For many shall come in My name, saying, "I am Christ"; and shall deceive many.
(KJV)

The rider on the white horse in Rev.6 compared to Christ's return on a white horse in Rev.19 with many crowns helps reveal the Rev.6 one is a fake. The bow (Greek toxon) of cheap fabric and base crown (Greek stephanos) is pointing to a base conquerer, not our Lord Jesus coming with Glory as per Rev.19. The main sign? DECEPTION. Don't let any man deceive, our Lord said. We are not told specifically which numbered seal that white horse rider of Rev.6:1-2 comes on. But our Lord Jesus pointed to the idea of many claiming to be Christ with that sign, making deception to them as the main sign.

2nd Sign: WAR

Rev 6:3-4
3 And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, "Come and see."
4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.
(KJV)

Mark 13:7
7 And when ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars, be ye not troubled: for such things must needs be; but the end shall not be yet.
(KJV)

The second sign is about WAR. Notice our Lord Jesus said there will be wars and rumours of wars, BUT, the end shall not be yet. As long as there are wars going on, the end is not yet. Why? What's the opposite of wars and rumours of wars? A time of peace. Apostle Paul warned in 1 Thess.5 that when the deceived say, "Peace and safety" then sudden destruction will come upon them. That destruction will be the events of the day of The LORD when Christ brings that with His coming. That's the subject Paul was covering there in 1 Thess.5.

3rd Sign: FAMINE

Rev 6:5-6
5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, "Come and see". And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, "A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine."
(KJV)

Mark 13:8
8 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows.
(KJV)

Notice the 3rd sign that previous red horse keeps rolling. But the main sign given here is the beginning of sorrows, with earthquakes, famines, and troubles. It parallels the 3rd Seal which is about what? The use of balances is about commerce, and "A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny" is about an all day wage just to buy a loaf of bread. The main sign? FAMINE.

4th Sign: BEAST CONTROL OVER THE EARTH

Rev 6:7-8
7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.
8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
(KJV)

The 4th sign also paralles the 4th Seal of Rev.6 concerning famine and the beginning of sorrows. The 4th Seal is about the power of the locusts of the Book of Joel. A natural locust develops in four separate stages. That's what we're given here with the pale horse rider whose name is "Death" (a proper name for Satan). He is given power in four parts over the earth, to kill with the sword, with hunger, with death, and with beasts.

The locust working per the Book of Joel is about a 'nation' or people that gain control over God's people and the earth in four development stages at the end of this world. That's what this is pointing to. There are four main categories of that working for control over all things and all peoples on earth. That's what the four stages of the locust represent; the educational (sword of lies), the economic (with hunger), the spiritual (false religion which causes death of the soul), and the political (beasts represeted by Satan's servants, the "crept in unawares" of Jude). It's still also about the sign of famine, a famine of hunger from a global economy stealing the wealth of nations, a famine for not hearing The Word of God, a famine of education with our children being dumbed down, and a political famine with beast natured (unrighteous) leaders over God's people.

5th Sign: TESTIMONY

Rev 6:9-11
9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, "How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost Thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?"
11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
(KJV)

Mark 13:9-13
9 But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for My sake, for a testimony against them.
10 And the gospel must first be published among all nations.
11 But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.
12 Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death.
13 And ye shall be hated of all men for My name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
(KJV)

Those souls of God's servants under the altar ask God how long til His Judgment upon the wicked, and are told to wait a little season until their fellowservants like them are likewise killed for giving a Testimony against the beast. That's the delivering up of some of Christ's servants near the end to give a Testimony by The Holy Spirit against this world. So the 4th sign is about TESTIMONY for Christ. The idea of The Gospel being published in all nations is also pointing to a public crier, like a herald or town crier. It's linked with that TESTIMONY by Christ's elect against the beast.

6th Sign: FALSE WORSHIP TO THE FAKE

Rev 6:12-13
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
(KJV)

Those signs of a great earthquake, sun becoming dark and moon as blood are signs aligned with Christ's return in final. But note that event of the stars falling to earth like untimely figs. The idea of an untimely fig is about the winter fig in fig horticulture. It grows in the winter but then falls off in the spring. It's a fig that comes too early. That's about the Rev.12:7-9 event of Satan and his angels being cast down to this earth in the end of days to cause the greatest deception of false worship this world has ever known.

Mark 13:14-23
14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:
15 And let him that is on the housetop not go down into the house, neither enter therein, to take any thing out of his house:
16 And let him that is in the field not turn back again for to take up his garment.
17 But woe to them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
18 And pray ye that your flight be not in the winter.
19 For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be.
20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom He hath chosen, He hath shortened the days.
21 And then if any man shall say to you, "Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, He is there"; believe him not:
22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.
23 But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.
(KJV)

That 6th sign is about falling away to worship that pseudo-Christ in place of our Lord Jesus. That's what the "abomination of desolation" from the Book of Daniel is about. It will involve an idol abomination image setup also, per Rev.13, the "image to the beast". The main sign? FALSE WORSHIP. Pray that your flight is not in winter time. In other words per the symbol, pray you're not harvested early like an untimely fig that falls off in spring. Summer is the true time of harvest per the time of our gathering to Christ.

7th Sign: CHRIST'S COMING

Rev 6:14-17
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, "Fall on us, and hide us from the face of Him That sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17 For the great day of His wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?"
(KJV)

Mark 13:24-27
24 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,
25 And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.
26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
27 And then shall He send His angels, and shall gather together His elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.
(KJV)

In Rev.6 Christ's coming is given on the 6th Seal. But in Rev.11 His coming is on the 7th trumpet. And in Rev.16 His coming is on the 7th vial with the battle of Armageddon. That difference can create a lot of confusion. But if one realizes our Lord Jesus was giving only 7 signs total, then it's a simple matter to understand those 7 signs align to the Seals, Trumpets, and Vials in parallel, according to how He gave them upon the Mount of Olives to His disciples. Thusly...

the 7 signs in Matt.24 and Mark 13 = the Seals
same 7 signs = the Trumpets
same 7 signs = the Vials

the 7 signs given on the Mount of Olives = 21 different details given in Revelation, meaning the Seals, Trumpets, and Vials happen concurrently.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
This is very well explained! I'm not 100% sure I agree, but I just wanted to say that I don't think I've come across anyone who has laid down those parallels better than you!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Thanks, but praise be to God for allowing me to write plainly.

I think those 7 signs our Lord gave upon the Mount of Olives serves as one of the main anchors for properly understanding the Revelation order and events.

australia

Nov 25, 2010
The 7 signs are about the 7 seals, 7 trumpets, and 7 vials in our Lord's Book of Revelation. He only given 7 signs in Matt.24 and Mark 13, so that points to the seals, trumpets, and vials being three different sets of parallels to the 7 specific signs of the end.

4th Sign: BEAST CONTROL OVER THE EARTH

7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.
8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
(KJV)

The 4th sign also paralles the 4th Seal of Rev.6 concerning famine and the beginning of sorrows. The 4th Seal is about the power of the locusts of the Book of Joel. A natural locust develops in four separate stages. That's what we're given here with the pale horse rider whose name is "Death" (a proper name for Satan). He is given power in four parts over the earth, to kill with the sword, with hunger, with death, and with beasts.

The locust working per the Book of Joel is about a 'nation' or people that gain control over God's people and the earth in four development stages at the end of this world. That's what this is pointing to. There are four main categories of that working for control over all things and all peoples on earth. That's what the four stages of the locust represent; the educational (sword of lies), the economic (with hunger), the spiritual (false religion which causes death of the soul), and the political (beasts represeted by Satan's servants, the "crept in unawares" of Jude). It's still also about the sign of famine, a famine of hunger from a global economy stealing the wealth of nations, a famine for not hearing The Word of God, a famine of education with our children being dumbed down, and a political famine with beast natured (unrighteous) leaders over God's people.

the 7 signs in Matt.24 and Mark 13 = the Seals
same 7 signs = the Trumpets
same 7 signs = the Vials

In describing the 4th Sign, you gave no parallel to Matt. 24 or Mark 13. What was the reason for that?

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
In describing the 4th Sign, you gave no parallel to Matt. 24 or Mark 13. What was the reason for that?

Glad you noticed that. I thought I had made a reference to the Mark 13:8 verse again, but must have forgotten to include it. The Mark 13:8 verse covers the 4th sign also. What I see is the 3rd and 4th signs combined in their working over the earth. The next Mark 13:9 verse begins description about a delivering up of the saints to give a testimony for Christ, which is about the 5th Seal events.

Mark 13:8
8 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows.
(KJV)

Matt 24:7-8
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.
(KJV)

(KJV)