The Shadow of “Grace”

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is much difficulty today in the sharing of the Law’s dispensation and is understandably so, because of the teachings of our upbringing in the knowledge of Christ. I believe the focus on the present dispensation is the life of Christ (Col 3:4), which those prior to the giving of the Law were predisposed of concerning faith, which they (i.e. Abraham, David, ect.) walked in through the revealing of Christ's atonement in types and shadows.

Faith in God has always been within believers in Him, which could not come from the Law. Instead of faith and life, the Law brought condemnation and death by the truth which revealed where man was guilty, and this was one of its purposes (the other being sin's condemnation in Christ's crucifixion) so God could begin teaching and drawing others to Him. The Father sending His Son was the final act concerning faith in those who desire to be right with Him.

It's all about "faith,“ and ”the Law is not of faith," but rather confirmation of judgment in the attributing of guilt: "And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death" (Gal 3:12; Rom 7:10).
The Law can be nothing but good (Rom 7:12), the instruction is in what the Law incurred (guilt) and even this is good, but only to those who desire to be right with God.

"Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good (Law); that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful" (7:13).

-NC

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thing is, dispensation is only mentioned in the dispensation of the Gospel and or the Lord God or the things of God in the NT and dispensation isn't mentioned at all in the OT. Though yes there are those who have a theology in ref to dispensation of the law, but bottom line those without the law parish also. And what else would the dispensation of the law do, but give the same. Hence the Lord God has no need of the law to condemn a man. But it is a Covenant isn’t it, hence a agreement between the Lord God and His People that only the Lord God can fulfill.
What even many Grace preachers seem to miss is, the simplicity of what the law really is, it is a witness of Jesus Christ as the Christ because only the Christ can be what the law says. Hence in reality the Lord gave Moses a description of Himself that no one but Him could fulfill. No man knows how to be the Word of God in the Presence of God in the flesh, but the Son of God, of which the law was to witness.

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
DPMartin said:
The thing is, dispensation is only mentioned in the dispensation of the Gospel and or the Lord God or the things of God in the NT and dispensation isn't mentioned at all in the OT.
Hi DPM - I use the word dispensation to mean a dispensing, i.e. Paul was charged with "a dispensation of the gospel" (1 Cor 9:17). Thus, there is a dispensing of the Old Testament and New Testament.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NetChaplain

In relationship to the law, in what manner would that be? Judgement and Justice? Men do that anyway, whether they are the Israelis who have received the Torah, or kings and rulers of other nations that genuinely sot justice for their subjects. All law of such manner that is administered by men have the same result. But the law administered by Lord in the Son of man was revealed in our Lord Jesus Christ. Hence He fulfilled it and had the true right to judge others by it, and did not.

Grace Mercy and forgiveness that is of the Almighty isn’t something new and different when Jesus came into the world.

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
DPMartin said:
NetChaplain

In relationship to the law, in what manner would that be? Judgement and Justice? Men do that anyway, whether they are the Israelis who have received the Torah, or kings and rulers of other nations that genuinely sot justice for their subjects. All law of such manner that is administered by men have the same result. But the law administered by Lord in the Son of man was revealed in our Lord Jesus Christ. Hence He fulfilled it and had the true right to judge others by it, and did not.

Grace Mercy and forgiveness that is of the Almighty isn’t something new and different when Jesus came into the world.
I was referring to a particular definition of the word dispensation: To dispense or distribute; an issuance.