The Soul is the Image of God, not the Body

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That we both agree on.... But then you deny the scripture on soul life

God actually uses grammar to communicate and if God says that the soul of the flesh is in the blood ...that settles it for me ...what you believe is up to you.
And if God says that soul life was created in mammals first that is what God means.

To Create = “bara” in Hebrew - according to biblical use is to bring something into existence that did not exist before, or to make something out of nothing.
Only God can create …. man can fabricate, build, construct, design, make, assemble, etc.… but man cannot create.

Once God creates something He does not need to create it again, because it now exists…. He can just speak it into being,….as He did with the reestablishment of the earth from verse 3 through 14 ..He just spoke it into existence, because it had already been created, when He created the heavens and the earth in verse 1……It is not until Genesis 1:21 that God again creates in great whales and every living creature that moveth…………….. soul life.

Soul life is our breath life ....

In Leviticus God tells us…..where the soul is....

Lev 17:11 For the life [nephesh] of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls [nephesh]: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul [nephesh]

The word life in this verse is the same word for soul (nephesh)

Going back to basic Biology: Oxygen is delivered throughout the body by means of the red blood cells ….actually it is the hemoglobin molecules from the red cells that deliver the oxygen to the individual cells in the body tissue. The bloodstream also picks up CO2 from the body and returns it to the lunges to be exhaled…

What happens when we die? The heart, which pumps the blood, which delivers the oxygen to the brain …… stops….. soul life ceases in that particular person…. but is carried on through progeny. But if there is no offspring, the soul is gone when that person dies; there is nothing immortal about the soul. The immortality of the soul came from Plato and was adopted into religion... it does not come from the Bible.

In Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. (chay nephesh) God did not create soul again He (using the figure of speech) breathed into his nostrils the breath of life...

The words breathed into his nostrils is the figure of speech anthropopatheia or condescension. This figure is used of the ascription of human passions, actions, or attributes, to God….because God is spirit and has no form.
(Of the 219 known figures of speech God uses over 214 in the Bible.)

The same soul life that God created in Genesis 1:21, is the same soul life that God breathed into Adam, which made Adam a living soul….It is also the same soul life that continues in mankind today.

The Bible is not about Zoology.... it's about man and his redeemer. God has already stated that mammals have soul (which is in the blood)
More grammar lesson.

When you have Scripture speaking of any creature, other than man, being created in the image of God, by breathing the Spirit of life into the body to become a living soul, then we can talk.

Also, by teaching all creatures are souls with bodies in the image of God, as well as man, then you leap over simple pagan anthropomorphism, and go straight to idolizing beasts and bugs also as the image of God.

You also must teach the Word was not the express image of God in the beginning, but had to first be created a man bodily, to be in the image of God.

Since idolatry of the physical body begins with believing the body is the image of God, then I never knew JWs were such an idolatrous people, until now. But then, what's to be expected from false christ creators?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually it stated only man was created in God's image Robert. If the Bible calls animals souls, I do not disagree with it sir.
So, you're only half-bad.

The idolatry of the human body being the image of God, is false.

It's also the source for a created christ, who must first be made a man, in order for him to be the express image of God.

Not to mention, the means of doing away with everlasting punishment of the wicked, which is the whole cause celeb of JW cultism.

In all your writings, you people show your false christ only stumps for your jehovah, and is just a prop for your oblivionism.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually it stated only man was created in God's image Robert.
Correct. Not the body, but the soul.

The body formed and shaped by Christ, is man's image as opposed to whales and ducks.

If the Bible calls animals souls, I do not disagree with it sir.
People can translate souls if they want, but doctrinally since only man is created a living soul by the Spirit breathed into the body, then I stick with living creatures.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you're only half-bad.

The idolatry of the human body being the image of God, is false.

It's also the source for a created christ, who must first be made a man, in order for him to be the express image of God.

Not to mention, the means of doing away with everlasting punishment of the wicked, which is the whole cause celeb of JW cultism.

In all your writings, you people show your false christ only stumps for your jehovah, and is just a prop for your oblivionism.
We actually believe that Jesus is in fact begotten sir. We do not pick and choose what the Bible states, we accept it as a whole.

Why do you reject that the Word was the beginning of the creation of God. Most people openly agree the faithful witness of Rev 3:14 is Jesus, what evidence do you have to support your view?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The body formed and shaped by Christ, is man's image as opposed to whales and ducks.

People can translate souls if they want, but doctrinally since only man is created a living soul by the Spirit breathed into the body, then I stick with living creatures.

Being made in God's image really means displaying His qualities. It is rather easy to see the distinction between humans and the rest of creation. We worship is a big key.
Like I said sir, I believe the Bible over opinion always, since the Bible calls animals souls, I do not argue against it.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you reject that the Word was the beginning of the creation of God.
And the Word was God.

I know longer bother once plain Scripture is rejected. You people truly do love endlessly vain debates. It's the only religion you have. It's called meaningless intellectual stimulation.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being made in God's image really means displaying His qualities. It is rather easy to see the distinction between humans and the rest of creation. We worship is a big key.
True. It has nothing to do with the physical body.

Man is a person on earth created in the image of God, and lightened by Christ with hearts to understand and minds to reason.

Man in the image of God is the only person on earth. All the rest are beasts of the field.

Like I said sir, I believe the Bible over opinion always, since the Bible calls animals souls, I do not argue against it.
Then translate them souls all you wish. They are still just creatures on earth, and not personal souls created in the spiritual and eternal image of God.

Only animals are mortal body 'souls'. The Spirit does not breathe into them with eternal life, nor are they judged for how they live.

And no natural flesh on earth is created in God's image.

And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

Only the spiritual man hears the voice of God, and no man sees them shape of God's face in a mirror.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a Christian mysticism today, that is born of pagan spiritism. It comes from the belief that not just man's bodies, but all bodies, celestial and terrestrial, are created in the image of God.

They speak of reaching out their hands toward a full moon, and touching the face of God.

It's the end result of believing a natural body is the image and shape of God.