The Source Error of All Sins Forgiven past, present, and future

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God.

Scripture teaches when any man first confesses unto Jesus Christ for forgiveness of sins, all past sinning of that old life is forgiven.

There is no need to 'list' all those sins.

However, First John declares if any man sins as a Christian, then we must confess that sin in particular, so as to be forgiven of it.

The source of the false doctrine therefore, is simply to do away with any need of confessing a particular sin, in order to be forgiven.

Such false teachers proclaim a blanket forgiveness for all sinning in life, when first born again, with no need of listing anything individually, not to be forgiven of it.

This is the source doctrine also for their celebratory grace, that already has all their sinning in life covered.

"Don't worry my children. I've got your sinning covered. You're already forgiven."

Last edited:
Reactions: Wynona

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An OSAS christian can of course confess a particular sin to Jesus, just not to be forgiven, like the unsaved.

And so, by doing away with confession of particular sinning for forgiveness, such individual confessing becomes routine practice from time to time only, without godly sorrow from the heart, since it has nothing to do with forgiveness of the soul.

They may confess a particular sin, because their sorry about that, but not to be forgiven.

Preaching all sins already forgiven at first birth in Christ, makes confession of any particular sin an OSAS rosary.

I personally would never dare confess any sinning with godly sorrow for forgiveness of any sin, if I believed that lie, because I would then be acting in unbelief, that somehow I was not already forgiven of all such sinning in the past.

They change the Scripture from being forgiven of all sins that are past, to being already forgiven of all sins for life in the past.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is also a practical reason for doing away with needing confess particular sins.

Afterall, if you preach we are all sinners at all times anyway, even when we don't know it, and weren't even thinking about it, because we are all filled with a sin nature and imperfect, then it becomes pretty much an impossible task to confess sins in particular.

I mean, where would anyone begin?

As one Christian sister put it, since sinning is like breathing the air, then what's the point of trying to confess them individually? Much less thinking to ever stop sinning, sins breathing with mortal bodies is made by OSAS a sin in itself.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God.

Scripture teaches when any man first confesses unto Jesus Christ for forgiveness of sins, all past sinning of that old life is forgiven.

However, First John declares if any man sins as a Christian, then we must confess that sin in particular, so as to be forgiven of it.

The source of the false doctrine therefore, is simply to do away with any need of confessing a particular sin, in order to be forgiven.

Such false teachers proclaim a blanket forgiveness for all sinning in life, when first born again, with no need of listing anything individually, not to be forgiven of it.

This is the source doctrine also for their celebratory grace, that already has all their sinning in life covered.

"Don't worry my children. I've got your sinning covered. You're already forgiven."

You said: Scripture teaches when any man first confesses unto Jesus Christ for forgiveness of sins, all past sinning of that old life is forgiven.

May I ask where that is recorded Robert?

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have given much thought to the subject of sin and forgiveness thereof. There has been debate as to whether Jesus died for sin up to that point of his death or if he died for the sin of all time. At first, I had not given much thought to the subject but I realized that what you believed about this can affect the way you live and think.

So, if his forgiveness is up to the point of his death. what happens when sin is indulged afterward? Is it only accounted to the believer when they admit to it? If they don't do that do they have to give an account of it? What if they do not realize they are sinning?

Or, what if the death of Christ took the penalty of sin yesterday, today, and forever? In other words sin for all time has been covered by the blood of Jesus and confession of sin frees the person from the penalty of sin as a result. In other words, freedom from sin is for all time and confession makes it effective.

Personally, I now believe his death on the cross is efficacious for all time and all sin, and our confession enables us to vicariously avail ourselves of the forgiveness and cleansing that happened through the cross.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said: Scripture teaches when any man first confesses unto Jesus Christ for forgiveness of sins, all past sinning of that old life is forgiven.

May I ask where that is recorded Robert?
Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God. (Rom 3)

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Personally, I now believe his death on the cross is efficacious for all time and all sin, and our confession enables us to vicariously avail ourselves of the forgiveness and cleansing that happened through the cross.

Are you saying that while a soul that has believed Jesus, is sinning with the devil, such as drunken fornication, then the soul is already forgiven, but confession afterward makes it 'effective'?

If so, what is the difference between being forgiven vs effectively forgiven?

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Personally, I now believe his death on the cross is efficacious for all time and all sin...
Acts 13:39 - and by Him everyone who believes is justified from all things from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Romans 3:25 (AMP) - whom God displayed publicly [before the eyes of the world] as a [life-giving] sacrifice of atonement and reconciliation (propitiation) by His blood [to be received] through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness [which demands punishment for sin], because in His forbearance [His deliberate restraint] He passed over the sins previously committed [before Jesus’ crucifixion]. This sheds some light on what is meant by PAST sins. It does not mean that ONLY the past sins of believers are forgiven by Jesus.

Further translations of Romans 3:25 read:

ESV - whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins.

HCSB - God presented Him as a propitiation through faith in His blood, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His restraint God passed over the sins previously committed.

NASB - whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness, because in the forbearance of God He passed over the sins previously committed.

NIV - God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished.

WalkInLight

Jul 30, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

The idea that all sin in the present and future is forgiven is done on the premise we are incapable of change and bare no guilt for our bad behaviour. It splits the human soul into two, the part that desires to walk righteously, and that which delivers our sinful behaviour.

But in all honesty this is like a child saying about their parents that it does not matter how they behave they will still be housed, loved and protected. Children who do this, find out that their parents rebuff them and soon when they can throw them out of their houses.

Or equally when a child bites their parent, they suddenly go, I went too far, and a real dread falls on them.
One of my kids did this and they felt so bad. I mean it was hard to take, what is this beast that bit me, but
then it was obvious anger and the moment had gone a little too far. Now this limit is understood because there
is a loving relationship involved and real care on both sides.

So when someone says God does not care how I behave, its all forgiven, this is just declaring out loud, as hard
as someone can shout, "I have no relationship with God and do not care how He feels about me, its all sorted"

Only a fool would actually believe this, if they can read and write and see how God deals with unrepentant sinners
and has no sensitivity to what hurt and love actually are.

the LORD loves the righteous.
Psalm 146:7

Rejoice in the LORD and be glad, you righteous; sing, all you who are upright in heart
Psalm 32:11

The arrogant cannot stand in your presence; you hate all who do wrong.
You destroy those who tell lies; bloodthirsty and deceitful men the LORD abhors.
Psalm 5:5-6

How is it believers think they can lie, hate, commit adultery, steal, murder, and the Lord will ignore
it all? Such people are dead in their hearts, with seared consciences, while believing they are safe
even when the Lord calls such folk His enemies who the Lord abhors.

Part of knowing the Lord is recognising the two worlds, and in Christ stepping from one to the other.
If one cannot see these two worlds, then salvation still has to dawn on ones soul and scripture has
not yet taken root.

God bless you

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

"past sinning" this man made phrase, is your carnal idea of how to insert something into the New Testament that does not exist there.
It only exists in the mouth, heart, and pen, of a self saving legalist who does not accept the Cross of Christ as the "one time eternal sacrifice for ALL SIN", as Paul teaches in Truth.
That would be you and your theology, that Rejects Paul, Christ's atonement, and the New Testament, according to all your Threads and posts.

And you'll do it again.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"past sinning" this man made phrase, is your carnal idea of how to insert something into the New Testament that does not exist there.
It only exists in the mouth, heart, and pen, of a self saving legalist who does not accept the Cross of Christ as the "one time eternal sacrifice for ALL SIN", as Paul teaches in Truth.
That would be you and your theology, that Rejects Paul, Christ's atonement, and the New Testament, according to all your Threads and posts.

And you'll do it again.
OSAS must reject grammar in order to believe a lie.

Sins that are past, is past sinning.

It is also no surprise to see them labeling Scripture as man-made, since all such letters in ink no longer matter.

Nonetheless, I believe the moderators are currently working on a rule for the bible study forum, to forbid any posting against what others are teaching, and confine ourselves only to what we believe.

Which would be fine with me. Then I would not need respond to such foolishness, but only report you for declaring my teaching false, mush less accusing me of being a false teacher.

On the bible study thread, we would only be allowed to teach what we believe. If we wanted to personally correct others, then that would only be on the debate thread.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Sins that are past, is past sinning.

Listen.. "Jesus is the one time eternal sacrifice for sin"......not just "past".

The heretical teaching that only past sins are forgiven is not TRUE and is not found in a NT, in any verse.
So, Take it from Paul.... Paul teaches that Christ's CROSS, is THE ETERNAL ONE TIME SACRIFICE FOR SIN"

"Christ Became SIN"...... not just 3 or 4, or just yesterdays or todays..

Last edited:

WalkInLight

Jul 30, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Listen.. "Jesus is the one time eternal sacrifice for sin"......not just "past".

The heretical teaching that only past sins are forgiven is not TRUE and is not found in a NT, in any verse.
So, Take it from Paul.... Paul teaches that Christ's CROSS, is THE ETERNAL ONE TIME SACRIFICE FOR SIN"

"Christ Became SIN"...... not just 3 or 4, or just yesterdays or todays..
Charles Wesley believed as believers we are called to walk a holy life.
Whitfield his friend was a calvinist believed sin was forgiven past, present, future.

So this argument is centuries old. It hangs on the interpretation of Christs sacrifice for sin and what this means.
It is somewhat deeper though. If at the last trumpet we are changed, remolded to perfection, as Paul says passing
through fire and the dross burnt away, or those not holy or intent on holiness are found in rebellion against God
and cannot face Him, we will have to wait and see.

I can see the dilemma of sanctification, purification, cleansing, the growing from being a child in Christ to maturity.
For some the emphasis is on humbleness and knowing we are unworthy before Him, while for others the change
in their lives and the wonder of love bearing fruit is too glorious to keep quiet about. Both groups would condemn
reprobates who openly sin and disregard it, rather they are both aware of the self deception of us having arrived,
when we are always so obviously flawed.

For love to be at work in hearts, we recognise this in one another, and refrain from condemnation.
I have too often seen overly enthusiastic believers with an arrow of truth, feel this is the gem that will bring revival
and to cast out those evil folk who contaminate the gospel so easily. But when you see the gospel is love at work
in a life shinning out because they care, you realise the surrounding matters little, its the witness within that is
the eternal work of Christ.

God bless you

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like the Catholic method of confessing sin. They have accepted that they are not perfect and understand that not being perfect is sin to God.

1 John 5:17

King James Version

17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Charles Wesley believed as believers we are called to walk a holy life.
Whitfield his friend was a calvinist believed sin was forgiven past, present, future.

Well,

Im not a Calvinist,
.....and Charles Wesley was a methodist/legalist who did not understand "The Gift of Righteousness", correctly.
C. Wesley believed he could lose His salvation, and that is always the unrenewed mind of a person who has lost faith in Christ ALONE, to get them to heaven.

Let me show you 2 verses, WalkInLight

Philippians 1:6
Hebrews 12:2

Read those verses and BELIEVE THEM.
THEY are a revelation that is not known by the majority of "christians'".....

Philippians : teaches us that God FINISHES OUR SALVATION, and will be FAITHFUL to complete it.
God does that.., and that is why you can't "lose your salvation"... As God is FAITHFUL TO COMPLETE IT for Us

Next.

Hebrews : teaches that Jesus is the author and FINISHER of your faith.
Jesus FINISHES your FAITH..
So, that is not you doing it...

Now connect the verses and you'll understand that in both cases = that is GOD taking care of your salvation and your faith.
Get that revelation, and you can escape the heretics and the liars and the deceivers found in the pulpit and beyond, who try to make you believe that your Salvation is on YOUR BACK, and you are to be up on the Cross trying to stay saved.

-God bless

WalkInLight

Jul 30, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well,

Im not a Calvinist,
.....and Charles Wesley was a methodist/legalist who did not understand "The Gift of Righteousness", correctly.
C. Wesley believed he could lose His salvation, and that is always the unrenewed mind of a person who has lost faith in Christ ALONE, to get them to heaven.

Let me show you 2 verses, WalkInLight

Philippians 1:6
Hebrews 12:2

Read those verses and BELIEVE THEM.
THEY are a revelation that is not known by the majority of "christians'".....

Philippians : teaches us that God FINISHES OUR SALVATION, and will be FAITHFUL to complete it.
God does that.., and that is why you can't "lose your salvation"... As God is FAITHFUL TO COMPLETE IT for Us

Next.

Hebrews : teaches that Jesus is the author and FINISHER of your faith.
Jesus FINISHES your FAITH..
So, that is not you doing it...

Now connect the verses and you'll understand that in both cases = that is GOD taking care of your salvation and your faith.
Get that revelation, and you can escape the heretics and the liars and the deceivers found in the pulpit and beyond, who try to make you believe that your Salvation is on YOUR BACK, and you are to be up on the Cross trying to stay saved.

-God bless

Ever make a friend?
It is about being consistent and reliable towards them and they to you.
You share your ups and downs, and come to conclusions and encourage and sympathise with each other.

What I find interesting about theology and theories is you can go on them forever.
The point is what is ones heart full of and where are you facing.

Jesus in the parable of the talents makes it quite clear, its not hard to walk in His way, to sow into heaven,
but you need to stay there, in the vine, abide and be a conduit of His love to the world.

So if you take either view on Jesus, as long as you exalt Him and walk in His ways, Amen, full of the Holy
Spirit and encouraging others to follow, I will bless you.

As humans we are complex creatures, and do we ever really connect with another?
We dream of closeness in marriage, but that often fails. With children who know us so well, often walk
away. So the communion is like grasping at the wind, until one realises it is enjoying what we have,
and sharing the Lords blessing.

God bless you

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Nonetheless, I believe the moderators are currently working on a rule for the bible study forum, to forbid any posting against what others are teaching, and confine ourselves only to what we believe.

IF they forbid you to attack Philippians 1:6... then what would you have to talk about?
That verse teaches Eternal Security, that you define as OSAS/OSAF.

Also of note.... The Cross is 2000 yrs ago, and the blood of Jesus and His DEATH....are still saving SINNERS and redeeming their SIN, 2000 yrs later.
That is Jesus saving them from their sin, 2000 yrs after He was slain.
Jesus has been in Heaven, for 2000 yrs, watching His Sacrifice on the Cross, keep saving SINNERS, every day, including tomorrow.
See all that? Thats Christ forgiving sins that had not happened yet., as they are all in the future.

Think on that.