The spirit of Protestantism!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the spirit of Protestantism?

Protestant fundamentalism is based on pride, presumption, and arrogance!

The nature of pride always says no I will not serve, like the father of pride! Pride always protests and lives in a continuous state of rebellion!

The doctrine of demons infect those who believe them with the vices of demons, pride, presumption, and arrogance!

Jn 8:32 the truth shall make you free! So false doctrine shall hold you in bondage and make you a slave!

It causes Spiritual blindness!

Fundamentalism is darkness!

Christ is the light of the world!

Fundamentalism is extremist and a violation of the Christian virtue of moderation! Phil 4:5

Fundamentalism: faith without reason!

Fundamentalism is unbiblical: Phil 4:5 Matt 11:29

Matthew 11:29
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

True Christians are humble, obedient and faithful! Thy will be done not mine!

A Christian must moderate zeal and all extremes to be virtuous!

True Christian’s cannot decide what is truth or faith or morals but a true Christian with humility accepts instruction!

We must be taught or instructed:
Lk 1:4
That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.
Matt 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Jn 20:21
Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
(Christ taught Matt 7:29, Mark 1:22)
Acts 8:31
And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me?

Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Acts 4:1-2
1 And as they spake unto the people, the priests, and the captain of the temple, and the Sadducees, came upon them,

2 Being grieved that they taught the people, and preached through Jesus the resurrection from the dead.

Acts 18:25
This man was instructed in the way of the Lord;

1 thes 4:6 That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified.

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

One faith! The deposit of faith once handed to the saints!

No Christian has the authority to read scripture for yourself and decide your own doctrines or beliefs! Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

The Faithful! The obedient of God!

As opposed to the rebellion of spiritual anarchy!

Those who make themselves the only arbiter of truth!

They put themselves in the place of God!

God alone can reveal truth and morals! They are divine and come from God!

We must in humility be taught of God and Christ thru His church and apostles!

Jn 14:6 Jesus Christ (not you) is the way, the truth, and the life!

Jn 1:16-17 grace and truth come by Jesus Christ!

Truth must be revealed by God, and in its fullness in the sacred deposit of faith by Christ to his church! Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3 and must be taught by the church, or proposed for our belief by the apostles!
Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 Jn 20:21 acts 8:31 Rom 1:5 col 2:7 1 Tim 3:15
matt 18:17

Christ and His church are one! acts 9:4 Acts 5:32 Jn 15:1-5

Truth is immutable! Cannot change!

Truth and the church are divine!
They come from God and cannot be in error or imperfect so they cannot change or be reformed by man to say they can is blasphemy and treason against God who revealed them!

And same truths revealed by Christ and taught by the church are always believed and taught from the beginning when Christ taught his church in person! Jude 1:3 the faith once delivered to the saints or the deposit of faith eph 4:5 one faith!

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13)

The evidence of true faith is humble subjection and obedience to Christ & His holy church!

The rule of faith for Christians is Jesus Christ Jn 14:6 and His church! Matt 18:17 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

True Christians cannot listen to the errors of excommunicated heretics, but we listen faithfully to Christ, in the bosom of holy mother church, the only ark of salvation!
1 pet 3:20-21 matt 18:17 matt 16:18-19 matt 28:19-20 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-23

2 Thessalonians 1:8
In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Jesus Christ founded the new covenant church for the salvation of all men! (Jn 1:16-17) Christ is the truth! (Jn 14:6) Christ and his church are one!
(Acts 9;4 eph 5:32)
The church is the pillar of truth
(1 Tim 3:15) that must teach all men (Matt 28:19) without error guided by the Holy Spirit
(Jn 16:13) Thru the grace of God in the sanctification of souls applied in the seven sacraments!

Christ established the sacraments as the primary means of grace!

Sacramental life: Jn 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. Jn 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Christ founded the church for the salvation of souls!
Teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation!

now the eternal church is God’s kingdom founded by God the perfect spotless bride of Christ prepared by God from heaven!

how can there be something wrong with his bride???

How can Christ divorce his bride and marry another Protesting, church of rebellion???

The church and the truth is from God and is immutable, it cannot be reformed !!!

matt 16:18 shall not prevail
Jn 8:32 you shall know the truth
Jn 16:13 HS leads the apostles into all truth
Matt 18:17 must hear the church
Lk 10:16 hear the apostles
Jn 10:16 one church
Matt 5:14 light of the world
1 Tim 3:15 pillar of truth

The church is well ordered by God in Christ with the Holy Spirit and angels!

Jn 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Matt 16:18-19 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Jn 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

Acts 8:26 And the angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza, which is desert.

Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Eph 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ….

Jesus Christ founded the new covenant church for the salvation of all men! (Jn 1:16-17) Christ is the truth! (Jn 14:6) Christ and his church are one!
(1 Tim 3:15) that must teach all men (Matt 28:19) without error guided by the Holy Spirit
(Jn 16:13) Thru the grace of God in the sanctification of souls applied in the seven sacraments!

Sacramental life: Jn 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. Jn 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can decide for myself what is truth, faith, and morals!

That is pure PRIDE!
Pure PRESUMPTION!
Pure ARROGANCE!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

M. Luther is the father of Protestantism.

How did that happen?
He realize that Jerome was making up the catholic bible, as he translated it from Latin.
See, Luther, same as Jerome was a bible translator, and he recognized that Jerome was not translating accurately.
For example, Luther recognized that Jerome mistranslated "repentance" as "penance", which Has Catholics doing penance, for no reason other then Jerome's idea of "repentance"= Mistranslated.
So, this kept happening and Luther got the revelation that the "cult of Mary" was not of God.

He did something about it.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I’ve resisted posting this for hours now, but since it keeps running through my head - thanks to you and your thread @theefaith

When I hear music I hear theology. This afternoon, when I heard theology I thought of this catchy tune.

Maybe posting it will help me get it off my mind.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The options given here are either to follow a rabid monk called Luther or else an ecclesiastical golden calf called the pope.

If there was true humility on this thread there would be no religious grandstanding at all.

ALL denominations (religions with names)...as in "let us make a name for ourselves" (Babylon)...are inventions of men. We don't need to go through religious people to get to God. The Head of every man is Christ. Likewise we don't need to listen to the ravings of Luther who has no standing whatsoever with God...being an anti-Semite and a corrupter of the words of Paul.

It is easy for the flesh of one to condemn the flesh of another. It's much harder to see the flesh in what we ourselves are doing.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The options given here are either to follow a rabid monk called Luther or else an ecclesiastical golden calf called the pope.

If there was true humility on this thread there would be no religious grandstanding at all.

ALL denominations (religions with names)...as in "let us make a name for ourselves" (Babylon)...are inventions of men. We don't need to go through religious people to get to God. The Head of every man is Christ. Likewise we don't need to listen to the ravings of Luther who has no standing whatsoever with God...being an anti-Semite and a corrupter of the words of Paul.

It is easy for the flesh of one to condemn the flesh of another. It's much harder to see the flesh in what we ourselves are doing.
Forerunners so to speak, don't qualify for the runner just as John Baptist never qualified for the Messiah.
Luther came out of centuries of poor theology.....he did boldly with the training he was subjected to.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Forerunners so to speak, don't qualify for the runner just as John Baptist never qualified for the Messiah.
Luther came out of centuries of poor theology.....he did boldly with the training he was subjected to.

It wasn't so much poor theology as corrupt practice. Luther had his own issues that he wanted to model into the church...not from God but from his own issues. So then the bad theology came into the Reformation in the guise of reforming bad practices.

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The nature of pride always says no I will not serve, like the father of pride! Pride always protests and lives in a continuous state of rebellion!

The doctrine of demons infect those who believe them with the vices of demons, pride, presumption, and arrogance!

Jn 8:32 the truth shall make you free! So false doctrine shall hold you in bondage and make you a slave!

It causes Spiritual blindness!

Fundamentalism is darkness!

Christ is the light of the world!

Fundamentalism is extremist and a violation of the Christian virtue of moderation! Phil 4:5

Fundamentalism: faith without reason!

Fundamentalism is unbiblical: Phil 4:5 Matt 11:29

Matthew 11:29
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

True Christians are humble, obedient and faithful! Thy will be done not mine!

A Christian must moderate zeal and all extremes to be virtuous!

True Christian’s cannot decide what is truth or faith or morals but a true Christian with humility accepts instruction!

We must be taught or instructed:
Lk 1:4
That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Jn 20:21
Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
(Christ taught Matt 7:29, Mark 1:22)
Acts 8:31
And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me?

Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Acts 4:1-2
1 And as they spake unto the people, the priests, and the captain of the temple, and the Sadducees, came upon them,

2 Being grieved that they taught the people, and preached through Jesus the resurrection from the dead.

Acts 18:25
This man was instructed in the way of the Lord;

1 thes 4:6 That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified.

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

One faith! The deposit of faith once handed to the saints!

No Christian has the authority to read scripture for yourself and decide your own doctrines or beliefs! Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

The Faithful! The obedient of God!

As opposed to the rebellion of spiritual anarchy!

Those who make themselves the only arbiter of truth!

They put themselves in the place of God!

God alone can reveal truth and morals! They are divine and come from God!

We must in humility be taught of God and Christ thru His church and apostles!

Jn 14:6 Jesus Christ (not you) is the way, the truth, and the life!

Jn 1:16-17 grace and truth come by Jesus Christ!

Truth must be revealed by God, and in its fullness in the sacred deposit of faith by Christ to his church! Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3 and must be taught by the church, or proposed for our belief by the apostles!
Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 Jn 20:21 acts 8:31 Rom 1:5 col 2:7 1 Tim 3:15
matt 18:17

Christ and His church are one! acts 9:4 Acts 5:32 Jn 15:1-5

Truth is immutable! Cannot change!

Truth and the church are divine!
They come from God and cannot be in error or imperfect so they cannot change or be reformed by man to say they can is blasphemy and treason against God who revealed them!

And same truths revealed by Christ and taught by the church are always believed and taught from the beginning when Christ taught his church in person! Jude 1:3 the faith once delivered to the saints or the deposit of faith eph 4:5 one faith!

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13)

The evidence of true faith is humble subjection and obedience to Christ & His holy church!

The rule of faith for Christians is Jesus Christ Jn 14:6 and His church! Matt 18:17 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

True Christians cannot listen to the errors of excommunicated heretics, but we listen faithfully to Christ, in the bosom of holy mother church, the only ark of salvation!
1 pet 3:20-21 matt 18:17 matt 16:18-19 matt 28:19-20 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-23

2 Thessalonians 1:8
In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Christ established the sacraments as the primary means of grace!

Christ founded the church for the salvation of souls!
Teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation!

now the eternal church is God’s kingdom founded by God the perfect spotless bride of Christ prepared by God from heaven!

how can there be something wrong with his bride???

How can Christ divorce his bride and marry another Protesting, church of rebellion???

The church and the truth is from God and is immutable, it cannot be reformed !!!

matt 16:18 shall not prevail
Jn 8:32 you shall know the truth
Jn 16:13 HS leads the apostles into all truth
Matt 18:17 must hear the church
Lk 10:16 hear the apostles
Jn 10:16 one church
Matt 5:14 light of the world
1 Tim 3:15 pillar of truth

The church is well ordered by God in Christ with the Holy Spirit and angels!

Jn 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Matt 16:18-19 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Jn 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

Acts 8:26 And the angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza, which is desert.

Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Eph 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ….

Not sure what point you're trying to make here.

Reactions: Tommy Cool