The Spiritual Novice

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I think that everything came together with light and energy as E = mc2 or m = E / c2. And there is a spiritual variety...

Energy (Motivation, warmth, love)
Light (Faith hope, and charity)

and then we have the opposite of all of that...

Apathy (laziness, coldness, hate)
Darkness (Fear, depression, and more hatred)

I have often wondered where arrogance is in all of this. Is it light? Was it foreign to the universe until developed in the heart of Lucifer?

Lucifer = "light-bearer"

For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: - Isaiah 14:13

And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. - 2 Corinthians 14:11

Lucifer the old archangel brought a third of the angels down in rebellion. I can imagine as he was cast out that he lost his energy, light, and his beauty as he fell from heaven. So since m = E / c2... and he has not the proper light and energy.... He is very cold in nature. The only thing he can make is trouble for planet earth. How gullible are we human beings to follow him! But as his name is light bearer so he knows the value of light and tries to use spiritual light to beguile the human race.

Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.- 1 Timothy 3:6
And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence. But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: - 1 Corinthians 1:28-30

One sure sign of a beginner in Christ is the return of the old spirit of arrogance, brought down from Lucifer himself. As I just debated my position on tongues I have got to say that God did not give the gift of tongues, or any other gift for that matter, to make one arrogant. Sometimes we can go around deceiving ourselves on spiritual things when deep down all it is is arrogance. So I have got to examine my own life after all of that and make sure that it wasn't arrogance all along. As I press for the mark of the high calling I have got to remember to give God glory and thanksgiving in everything I do.