The Star Spangled Banner

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TexUs... My people were poor mountain folk. My people worked hard until the day they died. The mountain folk were poor but rich in spirituality. To call people you don't know 'greedy bastards' is about as low down as you can get. If you tried that in our community they would have righteously beaten you to a pulp.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
TexUs... My people were poor mountain folk. My people worked hard until the day they died. The mountain folk were poor but rich in spirituality. To call people you don't know 'greedy bastards' is about as low down as you can get. If you tried that in our community they would have righteously beaten you to a pulp.

You do know when I refer to prior generations it's a general thing, don't you?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do know when I refer to prior generations it's a general thing, don't you?

Prior generations? My Navy dad and Marine Corp mom were about as poor as you could get. Dad use to have to darn his own socks and mom worked two jobs. My Great Grandfather died in 1935 leaving my Great Grandmother to raise two children in the middle of the depression. There were times that there was nothing to feed her kids with? Prior generations? George Washington's army faced starvation in the winter months at valley forge and there were times he had nothing to pay his army with. Prior generations? When Sitting Bull use to perform in the Wild West shows in the late 1800's he was so taken aback at the sight of the poor children that he would give them money he made from the show.

Please... And quit calling people you don't know greedy bastards!

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Prior generations? My Navy dad and Marine Corp mom were about as poor as you could get. Dad use to have to darn his own socks and mom worked two jobs. My Great Grandfather died in 1935 leaving my Great Grandmother to raise two children in the middle of the depression. There were times that there was nothing to feed her kids with? Prior generations? George Washington's army faced starvation in the winter months at valley forge and there were times he had nothing to pay his army with. Prior generations? When Sitting Bull use to perform in the Wild West shows in the late 1800's he was so taken aback at the sight of the poor children that he would give them money he made from the show.

Please... And quit calling people you don't know greedy bastards!
You obviously have no idea what I'm talking about or you wouldn't have brought up any examples from anything prior to the 1900s.

You also don't understand when I refer to a "generation" what I mean. When we say the generation of the 70s were hippies... Does this mean literally every person was? No. It's a characteristic, a generalization, of that generation.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Your parents and grandparents were "greedy bastards"?

The quote above was a response to a comment by TexUs who blamed the current political, financial, and military debauchery on the generation of FDR.

During the Roosevelt administration, there were a multitude of financial restraints placed upon banks and speculators of finance and agricultural futures.
World War II ended with a ten year celebration. I still remember all the parades and accolades that Americans showered upon themselves in the late 40's and throughout the 50's. The problem with all the celebrating was that Americans forgot two things.

#1.
Liberty requires eternal vigilence; INTERNALLY as well as externally.
While we were keeping a close eye on the Communists, our own military and giant corporations were eating away at our innards like termites. President Eisenhower warned us about it in his final address in January 1960, but by then America was too drunk on war and unfettered self-esteem to listen.

The power of true religion and of God's justice.
The church in the wealthiest country on the planet grew deaf to invitations to return to God. It even opposed and suppressed the great revival sent by God in the late 60's. Instead of minding the doctrines of Christ, the church became ingrown and concerned with fleshly issues and the politics of man.

During the Reagan administration, all the regulations and restrictions on the banks, the super rich, and the speculators were removed. The effect was almost immediate. By September 1985 the uS Commerce department announced that the united States had become a debitor nation. From that time until now our financial debacle has increased in enormity. Despite his Hollywood good looks and presence, the 40th president of the united States was little more than a mental midget dancing like a puppet at the whim of his financial and political betters.

We stand today, not on the shoulders of the enormous achievements of the FDR generation, but beneath the boot of the oppressors of our own era. Americans still refuse to deny the facts that history teaches and continue in partisan bickering, much to the amusement of our ruling oligarchy. We are where we are because we continue to believe the propaganda that the united States is and always has been a righteous and just nation. Nothing could be further from the truth. Ask the poor of this country, ask those who are non-white, ask those who have been trampled by the system, ask ANYBODY else with an ounce of knowledge of our history and they will tell you a truth you will never believe.

We have passed the time of warnings from God and man and must now drink the vintage of the fruit of divine judgment; for our arrogance - constant war, for our indifferent attitude toward God - godless enemies who attack us like locusts within and without.

Today we stand alone and naked in our conceited pride. We are without true friends in the world and are being stripped of our financial and military might. Confusion is everywhere. Uncle Sam reels like a man who's been hit in the head with a baseball bat.

The answer as always is humble repentance and petition to God for deliverance AS A NATION. Will we do it? No.
Godless men in America multiply like rats in a sewer while true believers sit in their Sunday pews waiting to be 'beamed out' before things get really sticky.

Do we suffer today because of the FDR generation or because of the Democrats or Republicans OR Radical Muslims?
We suffer because as a nation the united States has thumbed its collective nose at God.

God has responded with the cup of judgment.
Deny it if you will, but drink it we shall.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except for Angelina...The rest of you posters to this thread need to get the Holy Ghost... And I will show you how!

The metaphor of the old testament temple...

1. Justification (outer gate) - Learn faith and how to believe God... Joel Osteen can help you here.
2. Salvation (the alter) - Ask the Lord Jesus Christ in your heart.
3. Sanctification (the laver) - Get into a good church and conform to a righteous standard
4. Table of Shewbread - The word of God... Especially with you guys... Learn the virtues of faith.
5. The Lampstand - Learn spiritual light - Manners, faith. hope, charity, compassion, empathy, joy, cheer, etc...
6. The Alter of Golden Incense - Offer to God the sacrifices of prayer and praise! (and do us all a favor as well)
7. The Baptism of the Holy Ghost - The shekinah glory! There is also healing power here!

rjp34652.... God is still in the healing business... But you must have faith and go the Father in the name of Jesus.

I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD. - Psalms 27:6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SID1FZZDtPw

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
This country needs good evangelist to lead this country to repentance. I see none who are doing this with a pure heart.

And one of these day soon, the country will have them. But not only here, they will proclaim to the world, saying, "Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
And one of these day soon, the country will have them.  But not only here, they will proclaim to the world,  saying, "Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."  

Amen brother!
coucouchapeau.gif

Bless you!

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
The quote above was a response to a comment by TexUs who blamed the current political, financial, and military debauchery on the generation of FDR.
At least someone understood that!

Americans still refuse to deny the facts that history teaches
Yes- and as I commented above, part of the fault of generations past was passive greed. They may not have directly voted in the bills that did what they did, but they certainly allowed it to happen and they certainly turn a blind eye to it.

My parents are one of them. I'll freely admit that... They are blinded by the success of America and the wealth of this country- they can't see the coming ramifications of what decades of that has done. I think they have some idea that "spend spend spend" eventually bites you in the ass, but they just prefer to ignore it.
And I think the vast, vast, vast majority of Americans are the same way.

Godless men in America multiply like rats in a sewer while true believers sit in their Sunday pews waiting to be 'beamed out' before things get really sticky.
Exactly another reason why rapture teachings are extremely destructive to the church. I think most in the church hold to this view, or at least mentality, of "God will provide"- and ignore what's going on.
They miss the fact that God entrusted the earth to us to MANAGE it. These folks would have to maintain that God prefers the unbelievers to manage his world, and that's so far from the truth it's ridiculous.
God gave us a spirit of what? Strength? Not weakness.
God does not tell us to remain helpless. He wants us to take the reigns of this world and run it effectively. Not sit on our hands until he comes to fix it.

I do suspect when he asks, "How did you help manage my world?", he'll look with more favor on those who took involvement in making things better, than those who sat idly by waiting for him to do all the work.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Yes. It's passive greediness.
Voting people in that promise these things, keeping mouths shut when it's passed, and more than anything: ignoring and pretending a problem does not exist.

This country has been heading to financial ruin since these bills were passed. All the generations before us did was ignore the problem, borrow more money, and let future generations screw with it.

Tell me how it's not greediness?
How is calling them "greedy bastards" honoring them?

Ephesians 6:2-3 (NKJV)
[sup]2 [/sup]"Honor your father and mother," which is the first commandment with promise: [sup]3 [/sup]"that it may be well with you and you may live long on the earth."

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

How is calling them "greedy bastards" honoring them?[
/quote]

I guess you better start honoring Hitler, Ducky.

Paul honored the leaders of the Roman Empire and told his fellow Christians to be subject to them

Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.-Romans 13:1
Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.-Romans 13:2

For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same.-Romans 13:3

For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.-Romans 13:4

And you can't honor your nation who is doing you good? You sir need to be shipped over seas for about 10 years so you can learn the meaning of thankfulness!

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Paul honored the leaders of the Roman Empire and told his fellow Christians to be subject to them

Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.-Romans 13:1
Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.-Romans 13:2

For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same.-Romans 13:3

For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.-Romans 13:4
So are you defending Hitler?

And you can't honor your nation who is doing you good? You sir need to be shipped over seas for about 10 years so you can learn the meaning of thankfulness!
In case you've missed like... All of American history, it's people that keep the government in check as to why you're alive today.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So are you defending Hitler?

In case you've missed like... All of American history, it's people that keep the government in check as to why you're alive today.

You can't associate a dictator with a democracy!

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
You can't associate a dictator with a democracy!

So what, Romans only applies if it's a democracy? I'm not following.

You seem to be justifying that yes, we should honor Hitler as our leader (or at least if we were German). Is this correct, you defending Hitler?

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010

What does that have to do with honoring my parents?
Unless you've missed the discussion I was talking about generations, not specific parents.

Should Hitler's kids honor what he did to the Jews? Or does it seem... There are stipulations and conditions to honoring one's parents?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tell you TexUs... If we have so many issues here... Why don't you leave? Go somewhere like Mexico and rag on their government and give us a break!

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
I tell you TexUs... If we have so many issues here... Why don't you leave? Go somewhere like Mexico and rag on their government and give us a break!
It's still the best place in this world. However arguing that we're king of the crap pile isn't a position to be proud of.

Additionally you failed to answer my questions.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Unless you've missed the discussion I was talking about generations, not specific parents.

Should Hitler's kids honor what he did to the Jews? Or does it seem... There are stipulations and conditions to honoring one's parents?
The command to honor parents does not say only good parents.