The topic of correction...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's been 2 days since I last posted and I am STILL so very ANGRY... and filled with such absolute DISGUST... in what has transpired this last week. My heart NEEDS to speak.

I absolutely understand that forums are a venue for all kinds of thoughts and opinions... and that some topics are more emotionally charged than others... I found that out the hard way during the American elections. I truly do not have a problem with opinions... everyone has them and they are a personal reflection on how each of us sees the world.

I do have a problem with how people disrespect each other when they communicate... but that's just me....and I know that about myself.

What transpired this week for me was finding myself in a position of having to ARGUE my faith and beliefs with a BELIEVER. I spent the week trying to explain myself... clarify myself... and to no avail. This person persisted in his manhunt to PROVE that I am NOT an obedient Christian because I will NOT correct or call out someone I DO NOT KNOW. Over and over again... I made reference to the fact that I DO NOT CONDONE sin of any kind... and over and over again... this person PERSISTED at POKING me and PRODDING me... and ACCUSING me of being part of this NEW DENOMINATION of Christians that excuse sin.

@Grailhunter ... Please let me be clear... You have said on more than one occasion that you are a supporter of the FEMALE voice in the forums ( whatever that means )... yet you have twisted my words... made false claims towards me and in all honesty... exhausted me... You were the reason I left the first time... because you had to audacity to accuse me of whining ... when in all truth... I had shared my heart. I perceive you as CRUEL and relentless in trying to prove a point that doesn't even exist.

@lforrest ... I absolutely understand that you have the right to make comments here... I perceived your title of Administration as a CORRECTION all in itself.... and that is my problem... I take authority seriously... and I do understand I am a guest here... so when you speak... I listen... That does not mean I agree. I retreated and shut down after you told me I was WRONG. This is your site... not mine.

As for the topic of CORRECTION... I have one friend... whom I email on a daily basis because we share a devotional... I type them out to her... We talk about all kinds of things.. and each of us confess things to one another.. things that we regret... things that we need to work on... mistakes we have made... and times we feel we are letting the Lord down. We hold each other accountable and we hold each other UP... we exhort each other... encourage each other... We don't have to correct each other because each of us is open and honest about where we are at... and what our shortcomings are.

I have done a lot of thinking about the topic of correction... I absolutely agree it has its place... but I also feel it is horribly ABUSED by many.... There is a biblical way to correct... and it must be done very carefully.

I have to admit that church is not something I know a lot about...as far as a large group of believers. I've only ever been to one fellowship... it was non-denominational and it was a lovely place... but 7 years ago I moved... and I now live in a very small city... the selection of churches is not good.... therefore at this time I do not attend church. I do not pronounce myself to be right about this issue... but truly... it is what it is... and I am not the least bothered.

So with the above said... this SIN that everyone seems to think has crept into the church is not something I am aware of. I am more concerned about BAD DOCTRINE... the likes of the Word of Faith/Prosperity teachings that absolutely blaspheme and slander the HOLY NAME of GOD.

The legalistic teachings that tell people they can lose their salvation if they don't keep a long list of do's and don'ts... and those who would state that God only died for a select few. These things bother me and anger me.

It took me 20 years to find out a skim few TRUTHS about WHO GOD IS.... The Lord has been most patient with me and gracious.... I have been convinced just in this last year that I am LOVED by HIM.... and that HE has a plan for me.

I chose to join this forum because I felt the need to be in some sort of fellowship with other believers.... and this will be the second time I have left in less than 6 months. In all honesty... I do not have the patience and/or tolerance to cope with all the noise. I would much prefer to be alone and at peace than to have to constantly FIGHT to explain myself.

As for the thread that someone posted about the rapper... I'm sorry but... NOPE... NOPE.... just NOPE.... The spirit with which that thread was started was absolute ARROGANCE.... and it stinks.

I am NOT part of a NEW denomination that CONDONES sin.. or supports it... THIS notion is a fallacy.... If within the different Christian churches there is a large problem with sin... that is NOT on me... nor am I responsible for it... I would imagine it is due to LARGE membership and poor teaching. We have a lot of that going on.

I am a CHILD of GOD... a very PRECIOUS child of God... I was purchased by the PRECIOUS BLOOD of CHRIST... and HE has promised to finish within me what HE has begun.

I believe this is one of the BEST forums out there... and I absolutely have come to love that ADMIN here allows people to be open and honest with their thoughts. However... for me... this is not a healthy place. I have questioned my salvation for over 19 years....because I come from a family that corrects... condemns and harshly judges others.... I do not desire to be guilted... shamed... or even challenged as to WHAT type of Christian I am.

Perhaps now that I have said my peace... I will be able to find my equilibrium again.

In Christ, Addy

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Addy,
Pleased to see you post,I did think I had sent you a PM the other day, but not sure I hit ‘ send ‘ !!!
I totally understand most of what you have relayed, with me I do find that I can differentiate when moderators post personal views and when they are wearing their official hats. I equally don’t take on board everyone’s views of me, I weigh things up, but I know that we really only know other members from the prospective of what they post and not always from the bigger picture of howThe Lord has worked in their lives. I equally dislike some of the direct claims that someone is definitely not a Christian because they take differing views on things. I have personally been judged in this way here and it is frustrating and early on it did really impact me, but then I found it made me reflect on my faith, my journey and how I was more bothered about what others thought rather than on the truth of what Jesus had done in my life. I stand on my own testimony ,not on the opinions of others who don’t really know me.
I totally believe in accountability, and when I have been wrong or my reflection has shown that I have stated something I shouldn’t I am not afraid to admit the wrong. As far as correcting others I tend to believe that this should be done with discernment and leading from The Holy Spirit. There is definitely a right time and right place other wise people just sound like resounding gongs and seem to constantly wear the judges hat.
Only the Holy Spirit knows when another person is ready to ‘ hear ‘ a truth.

We all have opinions about others, and sometimes we voice them - it’s part of being human.
I have found that iron sharpens iron on a forum like this one- so I tend to use it to teach me a few things !
Much love
Rita

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Addy Addy Addy Addy
Do you realize that you are doing what you are complaining about? LOL Do you think you can find someone here that does not like you??? I don't think so. I cannot help the thin skinned. When you find yourself on a forum like this, you have the choice to defend what you believe in. And when you do that you need to respond, not react. Your negative emotions come through. You cannot control what people say or think by complaining. You need to express why you believe the way you believe. If you choose to explain.

The topic of the new denomination is a specific topic that covers a broad range of beliefs. This focus can be misconstrued to mean "salvation" in general. It is not about that. For the majority, the vast majority, salvation is very secure. We are saved and we make our mistakes and we repent and get forgiveness. We work out our salvation with fear and trembling. Our relationship with the Trinity is one of family. We could have made a mess out of our lives before we were saved...but after you are saved...none of that count...none of that is remembered. None of that can be used by the devil to accuse you of anything.

From that we start our walk with Christ. Why does the Trinity love us so much? It is a good question. Christ is very forgiving. From there we do the best we can. And no one is accusing you of not doing that. In fact I have made a point of specifically saying that. Addy is not a big sinner. You know, and that is between you and Christ.

On this topic of a new denomination you take offence. I can't say you seem to, because you step in with emotion. The topic mostly address lifestyle sins...career sinning. Homosexuals and homosexuals that marry. Sexual promiscuity. When these topics come up you react with emotion, accusing others of being condemning, judging, rude, cruel or whatever. What do you think people are getting from that? It can look like you are supporting these lifestyles. That is probably not true. But what is it? Do you understand how you are coming across.

People can quote scriptures regarding sinful lifestyles and it very much appears that it offends you. Very emotional, like it is aimed at you personally. It is like you believe there is a good side of the Bible and a Bad side of the Bible and bad people quote scriptures about sin and the punishment of sin because they are bad and condemning. If you quote a scripture about sinning in a conversation that is not condemning, that is biblical truth. And yes the Bible does convict people and it does condemn sin, that is the truth.

The new denomination thing is about people that live their lives with little concern for morality. Do you live your life with a concern about morality? I am going to bet you do, but still that is between you and Christ.
The other part of this is how we conduct ourselves in society. Now this is something that I have taken time to research...travel. In the United States and Europe. I sat in on Sunday School classes and Christian fellowship groups trying to document what people believe in and why. One of the questions I asked is that, democrats support, protect, and or pass laws to support LGBTQ, legalization of drugs, and abortion. Knowing that, I asked, how can a Christian vote for a democrat? Is it a sin to vote for a democrat?...The answers I get and the responses I get can be surprising. It ranges from, I never thought about it, or my family always votes democrat, or the democrats are for the working people, or it is a matter of option. Morality is not a matter of option in Christianity. And that belief is part of the problem.

The other part of it is, who do we socialize with? Who do we call friends? Sharing the Gospel with others is one thing, but socialize within their groups is another. That does not mean we do not sit and talk with them. I am one of those that point out that Christ sat and ate and drank with sinners. But there is a line there, the Bible says not to "hang" with the sinful and evildoers because what do we have in common with them. And that is the point that the Bible is getting at, you do not what to have sin being the associative factor.

As far as you Addy, I do not see anyone accusing you of any great sin. And if I did I would come down on them pretty hard. I do not see anyone that does not like you. And yes, I believe very strongly in the feminine voice in Christianity, but still not everyone is going to agree with you...thatz life! I do not want you to leave the forum... do I need to say please!

And there are different approaches to Christianity. You have some that do not follow politics or vote. You have some that do not go to church. You have some that will socialize with anybody...fit in. And I do not believe that is a good thing. But I am multi-denominational, so I am about the last person you can accuse of being intolerant to differing Christian beliefs. But I do have a strong tendency to associate with and call people friends, that are serious about Christianity. You know, the whole, "birds of a feather, flock together"...thing. I love Christians and I "hang" with serious Christians and I look for people that can make me better.

My Christian walk with Christ has been very very unusual. I do not remember a time that I did not believe in Christ. From the time I was riding around on my Radio Flyer tricycle, still wearing diapers, and watching the preacher on the Glen Alan show, even then, I understood who Christ was. And I think people that have sinned a lot in their life and came to Christ have a hard time letting go of their past, their past sins. Like they are less of a Christian. And that is simply not true. This is one of the reasons I stand firm on what Baptism does and people need to understand what it it does. When you come out of that water, you are a new person...period. No sin, no sin remembered by Christ. And you should not be dwelling on your past sins either, because the devil will use it against you. From there, we all are still going to sin some, we should repent and ask for forgiveness and Christ is faithful to forgive us.

So then, I do not think that anybody dislikes you, I do not think anybody has accused you of any great sin. I do not think that anybody has persecuted you. Now has anybody disagreed with you? Has anybody said something along the lines that some of your thinking is wrong? YES! But what you don't understand is that this is what Christians should be doing with one another. And this is what this new denomination finds condemning... rude ...impolite ...socially unacceptable. Now do people get too zealous with it? I am sure, and from time to time I maybe guilty of that. That is really what you have to call me or us down on.

So yes, I like you and BB. I do not want you to leave. And if I get too zealous, call me on. God bless.

Last edited:

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's been 2 days since I last posted and I am STILL so very ANGRY... and filled with such absolute DISGUST... in what has transpired this last week. My heart NEEDS to speak.

I absolutely understand that forums are a venue for all kinds of thoughts and opinions... and that some topics are more emotionally charged than others... I found that out the hard way during the American elections. I truly do not have a problem with opinions... everyone has them and they are a personal reflection on how each of us sees the world.

I do have a problem with how people disrespect each other when they communicate... but that's just me....and I know that about myself.

What transpired this week for me was finding myself in a position of having to ARGUE my faith and beliefs with a BELIEVER. I spent the week trying to explain myself... clarify myself... and to no avail. This person persisted in his manhunt to PROVE that I am NOT an obedient Christian because I will NOT correct or call out someone I DO NOT KNOW. Over and over again... I made reference to the fact that I DO NOT CONDONE sin of any kind... and over and over again... this person PERSISTED at POKING me and PRODDING me... and ACCUSING me of being part of this NEW DENOMINATION of Christians that excuse sin.

@Grailhunter ... Please let me be clear... You have said on more than one occasion that you are a supporter of the FEMALE voice in the forums ( whatever that means )... yet you have twisted my words... made false claims towards me and in all honesty... exhausted me... You were the reason I left the first time... because you had to audacity to accuse me of whining ... when in all truth... I had shared my heart. I perceive you as CRUEL and relentless in trying to prove a point that doesn't even exist.

@lforrest ... I absolutely understand that you have the right to make comments here... I perceived your title of Administration as a CORRECTION all in itself.... and that is my problem... I take authority seriously... and I do understand I am a guest here... so when you speak... I listen... That does not mean I agree. I retreated and shut down after you told me I was WRONG. This is your site... not mine.

As for the topic of CORRECTION... I have one friend... whom I email on a daily basis because we share a devotional... I type them out to her... We talk about all kinds of things.. and each of us confess things to one another.. things that we regret... things that we need to work on... mistakes we have made... and times we feel we are letting the Lord down. We hold each other accountable and we hold each other UP... we exhort each other... encourage each other... We don't have to correct each other because each of us is open and honest about where we are at... and what our shortcomings are.

I have done a lot of thinking about the topic of correction... I absolutely agree it has its place... but I also feel it is horribly ABUSED by many.... There is a biblical way to correct... and it must be done very carefully.

I have to admit that church is not something I know a lot about...as far as a large group of believers. I've only ever been to one fellowship... it was non-denominational and it was a lovely place... but 7 years ago I moved... and I now live in a very small city... the selection of churches is not good.... therefore at this time I do not attend church. I do not pronounce myself to be right about this issue... but truly... it is what it is... and I am not the least bothered.

So with the above said... this SIN that everyone seems to think has crept into the church is not something I am aware of. I am more concerned about BAD DOCTRINE... the likes of the Word of Faith/Prosperity teachings that absolutely blaspheme and slander the HOLY NAME of GOD.

The legalistic teachings that tell people they can lose their salvation if they don't keep a long list of do's and don'ts... and those who would state that God only died for a select few. These things bother me and anger me.

It took me 20 years to find out a skim few TRUTHS about WHO GOD IS.... The Lord has been most patient with me and gracious.... I have been convinced just in this last year that I am LOVED by HIM.... and that HE has a plan for me.

I chose to join this forum because I felt the need to be in some sort of fellowship with other believers.... and this will be the second time I have left in less than 6 months. In all honesty... I do not have the patience and/or tolerance to cope with all the noise. I would much prefer to be alone and at peace than to have to constantly FIGHT to explain myself.

As for the thread that someone posted about the rapper... I'm sorry but... NOPE... NOPE.... just NOPE.... The spirit with which that thread was started was absolute ARROGANCE.... and it stinks.

I am NOT part of a NEW denomination that CONDONES sin.. or supports it... THIS notion is a fallacy.... If within the different Christian churches there is a large problem with sin... that is NOT on me... nor am I responsible for it... I would imagine it is due to LARGE membership and poor teaching. We have a lot of that going on.

I am a CHILD of GOD... a very PRECIOUS child of God... I was purchased by the PRECIOUS BLOOD of CHRIST... and HE has promised to finish within me what HE has begun.

I believe this is one of the BEST forums out there... and I absolutely have come to love that ADMIN here allows people to be open and honest with their thoughts. However... for me... this is not a healthy place. I have questioned my salvation for over 19 years....because I come from a family that corrects... condemns and harshly judges others.... I do not desire to be guilted... shamed... or even challenged as to WHAT type of Christian I am.

Perhaps now that I have said my peace... I will be able to find my equilibrium again.

In Christ, Addy
Luke 6:37 (NKJV)
Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Addy,

There seems to me to be a very unhealthy preoccupation with sin for some people, not preferring to keep their attention on heavenly things.

I think it becomes a very unfruitful tree.

Much love!

Reactions: April_Rose

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In Christ, Addy
Dear sister, God bless you for your open heart. There is always the blessing afforded by, Ignore. ;) Never let anyone steal your joy. Sending hugs your way.:)

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Addy,

There seems to me to be a very unhealthy preoccupation with sin for some people, not preferring to keep their attention on heavenly things.

I think it becomes a very unfruitful tree.

Much love!
Nothing in this thread is about a preoccupation with sin. But your point is the issue. If anyone talks about morality it is like some think it is a forbidden topic. Christians should never talk about morality? We can talk about the topic of Grace and forgiveness and that is the topic. Here this topic all comes about because of those that believe in unlimited Grace and forgiveness and that you can live your life as sinful as you want to and you are guaranteed to go to heaven. That is just not reality. All this is very well explained, so just read the posts.

This all comes from other posts and treads about this new denomination that follows and accepts anything in society. There is thread on this, Is there a new denomination forming.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 42:2-3 KJV
2) He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street.
3) A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here this topic all comes about because of those that believe in unlimited Grace and forgiveness and that you can live your life as sinful as you want to and you are guaranteed to go to heaven.

How sinful do you want?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cannot respond because the question does not make sense.

You had written,

Grailhunter said:
Here this topic all comes about because of those that believe in unlimited Grace and forgiveness and that you can live your life as sinful as you want to and you are guaranteed to go to heaven.

"You can live your life as sinful as you want to"

I believe we are fully forgiven and fully reconciled.

Would you like to know how much sin I want to commit?

My answer . . . None!

The objection is that we can just commit all the sin we want. So I counter, just how much sin do you want?

Much love!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Addy
Truly sorry to see you leave, but I also understand only too well. I wish I could improve how things are, but seemingly that is not to be. You always have a friend in me. I hope you will make it back again, but if you cannot then contact me when you are able.

Your friend in Christ always,
John

Reactions: marks

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You had written,

Grailhunter said:

"You can live your life as sinful as you want to"

I believe we are fully forgiven and fully reconciled.

Would you like to know how much sin I want to commit?

My answer . . . None!

The objection is that we can just commit all the sin we want. So I counter, just how much sin do you want?

Much love!
So you think that you can do any amount of sin and make it to heaven?
Sounds like an evildoers dream to me.
With all those evildoers going to heaven...would it change the character of heaven?...Then would being in heaven be just like living among the evildoers on earth? Would Hitler and Jeffrey Dahmer be sitting next to you at the banquet table. (You should be concerned if he starts putting ketchup on your arm.) And I do not know if rape or molestation could happen in heaven, but would the evildoers try to figure out how they could. This belief system just does not work.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you think that you can do any amount of sin and make it to heaven?
Sounds like an evildoers dream to me.
With all those evildoers going to heaven...would it change the character of heaven?...Then would being in heaven be just like living among the evildoers on earth? Would Hitler and Jeffrey Dahmer be sitting next to you at the banquet table. (You should be concerned if he starts putting ketchup on your arm.) And I do not know if rape or molestation could happen in heaven, but would the evildoers try to figure out how they could. This belief system just does not work.
The scandal of grace!

But no, there won't be sin in heaven. A new heaven and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.

Much love!