The Trinity is NO lie.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nondenom40

May 21, 2019
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok yeah 2nd cent... wat 700 verses stating dat there are 3 Gods? or 3 persons? 3 persons maybe!
On Gods nature in general. Yes that there is a plurality w/in the Godhead. Also each 'person' being involved in creation, the resurrection of Jesus....and other attributes of God that each possess.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On Gods nature in general. Yes that there is a plurality w/in the Godhead. Also each 'person' being involved in creation, the resurrection of Jesus....and other attributes of God that each possess.
He's more One than He is three...I'll tell you that much.

You should do a study on the Oneness of the Lord, it will help you to understand His Triune nature better.

Here's a link to some information where you can begin your study...

Trinity vs. Tritheism: Understanding the Trinity.

(especially the first four posts).

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

I know dat man but wheres the 700 verses you were talking about??

Nondenom40

May 21, 2019
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He's more One than He is three...I'll tell you that much.

You should do a study on the Oneness of the Lord, it will help you to understand His Triune nature better.

Here's a link to some information where you can begin your study...

Trinity vs. Tritheism: Understanding the Trinity.

(especially the first four posts).
They each share the same attributes, essence and nature. Yet Jesus isn't the Father. The Father isn't the Spirit nor is the Spirit Jesus or any combinatino of the above.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They each share the same attributes, essence and nature. Yet Jesus isn't the Father. The Father isn't the Spirit nor is the Spirit Jesus or any combinatino of the above.
Jesus, in His Spirit, is the Father:

Jhn 14:7, If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
Jhn 14:8, Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
Jhn 14:9, Jesus saith unto him,
Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
Jhn 14:10, Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
Jhn 14:11, Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

Nondenom40

May 21, 2019
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus, in His Spirit, is the Father:

Jhn 14:7, If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
Jhn 14:8, Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
Jhn 14:9, Jesus saith unto him,
Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
Jhn 14:10, Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
Jhn 14:11, Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
Sorry but saying Jesus is the Father in any capacity is to completely miss that relationship within the Godhead. Do a word study on logos. Jesus as the word i.e. logos answers the question.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry but saying Jesus is the Father in any capacity is to completely miss that relationship within the Godhead. Do a word study on logos. Jesus as the word i.e. logos answers the question.
But I really think that you are ignoring the reality of the verse at hand. Did you read it?

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Father is a Spirit:

Jhn 4:23, But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Jhn 4:24, God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

The Holy Ghost is a Spirit:

Jhn 7:37, In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
Jhn 7:38, He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Jhn 7:39, (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

There is one Spirit:

Eph 4:4, There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

And this indicates to me that the Father and the Holy Ghost are the same Spirit.

1Co 12:4, Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
1Co 12:5, And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
1Co 12:6, And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the Lord:

1Co 12:3, Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

1Co 8:6, But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

The Father is the Lord:

Mat 11:25, At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

Luk 10:21, In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

The Holy Ghost is the Lord:

2Co 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

There is one Lord:

Eph 4:5, One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

1Co 8:6, But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

This indicates to me that Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are the same Lord.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is also a Spirit:

Col 1:27, To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

1Jo 5:12, He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

Eph 3:17, That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

While He is also come in the flesh:

1Jo 4:1, Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
1Jo 4:2, Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1Jo 4:3, And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2Jo 1:7, For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

The Person of Christ is therefore present in the Holy Ghost.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's why I suggested a word study on logos.

1Co 8:1, Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.
1Co 8:2, And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.
1Co 8:3, But if any man love God, the same is known of him.

Nondenom40

May 21, 2019
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh yes He did.

Put your fingers in your ears and cry, la la la la la, I don't wanna hear the sound of the coming King...

But Jesus actually means what He says.
Then you have a schizophrenic savior. Sorry about that. All you've done is pile up a bunch of verses using similar terms then with a broad brush say they all mean the same thing. Poor exegesis but very good eisegesis. Your hermeneutic needs some work.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you have a schizophrenic savior. Sorry about that. All you've done is pile up a bunch of verses using similar terms then with a broad brush say they all mean the same thing. Poor exegesis but very good eisegesis. Your hermeneutic needs some work.
It cannot be eisegesis, because I have not made any of my own comments on what is written, except for what can be drawn out of the text.

Truly, it is exegesis that I have set forth before you.

Be careful...you appear to me to be prideful over what you have studied, thinking that you cannot be wrong about what you believe in.

I would suggest really looking at each one of the scriptures that I have presented, and ask the Lord if the statements I have made concerning them are drawn from the text or read into the text.

My understanding is that my statements are drawn from the text.

But if you can show me otherwise, I'm all ears.

Nondenom40

May 21, 2019
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh yes He did.

Put your fingers in your ears and cry, la la la la la, I don't wanna hear the sound of the coming King...

But Jesus actually means what He says.
Jesus isn't the Father or the Spirit or you have a schizophrenic God.
It cannot be eisegesis, because I have not made any of my own comments on what is written, except for what can be drawn out of the text.

Truly, it is exegesis that I have set forth before you.

Be careful...you appear to me to be prideful over what you have studied, thinking that you cannot be wrong about what you believe in.

I would suggest really looking at each one of the scriptures that I have presented, and ask the Lord if the statements I have made concerning them are drawn from the text or read into the text.

My understanding is that my statements are drawn from the text.

But if you can show me otherwise, I'm all ears.
If it's not eisegesis because you made no comments then by the same token it can't be exegesis either. So please, exegete away. Catholics do this all day long, plop down a bunch of verses and expect us to just buy into it. We don't. You'll need more than a bunch of verses piled on top of one another to convince me that Jesus is the Father.