1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Trinity

Discussion in 'Christian Theology Forum' started by ROS777, Sep 24, 2006.

1. ROS777

ROS777 New Member

Christians, your input please: Here's a question I probably wouldn't have had had I not beensurfing the internet on "Christian" sites. I was good with what I thought before but nowI am a bit confused.I always thought and am almost sure that it is not a salvation issue.Tell me what you think:Does it really matter if we beleive that God is 3 seperate persons in one God, all equalin power and majesty ORIs it okay to beleive that God is one God ( like above ) yet has three seperate roles or offices, all equal in power and majesty although ( like concept above) Christ is half human from a virgin human mother; Father: God.Jesus said if you've seen me you've seen the Father.Isn't it semantics and not a salvation issue anyway; to believe one or the other or even both could be the answer?Thanks in advance for input.

2. HammerStone

HammerStone Well-Known Member Staff Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    A difficult concept for anyone to grasp including myself. As you know, the word "trinity" itself is not found in the Bible. However, we do have some verses that help us out:Colossians 2:9For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.Matthew 28:19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:1 Timothy 2:5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;1 Corinthians 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.Given man's poor amount of wisdom when compared with God, I think looking at it from the perspective of offices one the one God is the best way. The Bible affirms it; there is one God (YHVH) and one God alone.John 1:1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.John 1:14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.The Godhead is God and it includes all three offices. Jesus is the flesh form of our Father born as a human who faced the same trials that we do and beat them all; every last one of them. The Holy Spirit(Ghost) is our spiritual companion that God gave us to let him use us. Then, of course, you have God, YHVH, which, in a nutshell is God; he's pretty much beyond us as far as his state but he gave us the Bible to help out our simple minds.1 John 5:7For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

3. ROS777

ROS777 New Member

(SwampFox;2902)
    A difficult concept for anyone to grasp including myself. As you know, the word "trinity" itself is not found in the Bible. However, we do have some verses that help us out:Colossians 2:9For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.Matthew 28:19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:1 Timothy 2:5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;1 Corinthians 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.Given man's poor amount of wisdom when compared with God, I think looking at it from the perspective of offices one the one God is the best way. The Bible affirms it; there is one God (YHVH) and one God alone.John 1:1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.John 1:14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.The Godhead is God and it includes all three offices. Jesus is the flesh form of our Father born as a human who faced the same trials that we do and beat them all; every last one of them. The Holy Spirit(Ghost) is our spiritual companion that God gave us to let him use us. Then, of course, you have God, YHVH, which, in a nutshell is God; he's pretty much beyond us as far as his state but he gave us the Bible to help out our simple minds.1 John 5:7For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
    Thank you SwampFox,And Jesus said, the Father and I are one and If you've seen me you've seen the Father.And the last part of the question is: is this a salvation issue? I don't think so althoughsome people make it one even though Paul says, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ andyou and your house will be saved!

4. HammerStone

HammerStone Well-Known Member Staff Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I'd say that it's definitely not a salvation sticking point. I think you can potentially get into the danger area if you say that there are 3 Gods but that's a murky line that I think most any Christian will not cross. I think as long as you understand the basic concept that there is a Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, who make one God, you'll be just fine.