The "Trolley Problem"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I quite agree.

But let's now say that you stood as an unmarried man and soldier with a machine gun in your hands in the midst of an angry group of Iraqi civilians who were about to stone you to death? The only lives at risk is your own and those civilians should you decide to open up fire on them to save yourself.

So one man justifies it in himself to save his own life by taking many others. He comforts himself that he only did what they forced him to have to do and meanwhile the Iraqi people refuse to agree with that as they see it to be his fault for being there where he had no right to be in the first place accept that he obeyed his governments orders over the sanctity of their home.

And then we think about men like Stephen who prayed for God not to hold the sin against his people as they stoned him to death. And Stephen had every unquestionable right to be there.

These decisions can get quite complex.

True. I would hope that I wouldn't let fear take me over. If I had my wits about me, I would probably choose to try to escape without using my weapon - realizing that I would probably die in the process.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
A02489-large1.jpg