Corrie Ten Boom, a Dutch Women that survived the Nazi's warns the church against Pre-Tribulation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is much back and forth on the subject of Pre-tribulation. This post is not meant to say what I think. Rather, it is an eyewitness account and opinion piece. Whether you are Pre-Tb or not, this letter is amazingly detailed and you can feel her spirit in her words.

The world is deathly ill. It is dying. The Great Physician has already signed the death certificate. Yet there is still a great work for Christians to do. They are to be streams of living water, channels of mercy to those who are still in the world. It is possible for them to do this because they are overcomers.

Christians are ambassadors for Christ. They are representatives from Heaven to this dying world. And because of our presence here, things will change.

My sister, Betsy, and I were in the Nazi concentration camp at Ravensbruck because we committed the crime of loving Jews. Seven hundred of us from Holland, France, Russia, Poland and Belgium were herded into a room built for two hundred. As far as I knew, Betsy and I were the only two representatives of Heaven in that room.

We may have been the Lord’s only representatives in that place of hatred, yet because of our presence there, things changed. Jesus said, “In the world you shall have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” We too, are to be overcomers—bringing the light of Jesus into a world filled with darkness and hate.

Sometimes I get frightened as I read the Bible, and as I look in this world and see all of the tribulation and persecution promised by the Bible coming true. Now I can tell you, though, if you too are afraid, that I have just read the last pages. I can now come to shouting “Hallelujah! Hallelujah!” for I have found where it is written that Jesus said, “He that overcometh shall inherit all things: and I will be His God, and he shall be My son.” This is the future and hope of this world. Not that the world will survive – but that we shall be overcomers in the midst of a dying world.

Betsy and I, in the concentration camp, prayed that God would heal Betsy who was so weak and sick. “Yes, the Lord will heal me,”, Betsy said with confidence. She died the next day and I could not understand it. They laid her thin body on the concrete floor along with all the other corpses of the women who died that day.

It was hard for me to understand, to believe that God had a purpose for all that. Yet because of Betsy’s death, today I am traveling all over the world telling people about Jesus.

There are some among us teaching there will be no tribulation, that the Christians will be able to escape all this. These are the false teachers that Jesus was warning us to expect in the latter days. Most of them have little knowledge of what is already going on across the world. I have been in countries where the saints are already suffering terrible persecution. In China, the Christians were told, “Don’t worry, before the tribulation comes you will be translated – raptured.” Then came a terrible persecution. Millions of Christians were tortured to death. Later I heard a Bishop from China say, sadly, “We have failed. We should have made the people strong for persecution rather than telling them Jesus would come first. Tell the people how to be strong in times of persecution, how to stand when the tribulation comes – to stand and not faint.”

I feel I have a divine mandate to go and tell the people of this world that it is possible to be strong in the Lord Jesus Christ. We are in training for the tribulation, but more than sixty percent of the Body of Christ across the world has already entered into the tribulation. There is no way to escape it. We are next.

Since I have already gone through prison for Jesus’ sake, and since I met the Bishop in China, now every time I read a good Bible text I think, “Hey, I can use that in the time of tribulation.” Then I write it down and learn it by heart.

When I was in the concentration camp, a camp where only twenty percent of the women came out alive, we tried to cheer each other up by saying, “Nothing could be any worse than today.” But we would find the next day was even worse. During this time a Bible verse that I had committed to memory gave me great hope and joy. “If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you; on their part evil is spoken of, but on your part He is glorified.” (I Peter 3:14) I found myself saying, “Hallelujah! Because I am suffering, Jesus is glorified!”

In America, the churches sing, “Let the congregation escape tribulation”, but in China and Africa the tribulation has already arrived. This last year alone more than two hundred thousand Christians were martyred in Africa. Now things like that never get into the newspapers because they cause bad political relations. But I know. I have been there. We need to think about that when we sit down in our nice houses with our nice clothes to eat our steak dinners. Many, many members of the Body of Christ are being tortured to death at this very moment, yet we continue right on as though we are all going to escape the tribulation.

Several years ago I was in Africa in a nation where a new government had come into power. The first night I was there some of the Christians were commanded to come to the police station to register. When they arrived they were arrested and that same night they were executed. The next day the same thing happened with other Christians. The third day it was the same. All the Christians in the district were being systematically murdered.

The fourth day I was to speak in a little church. The people came, but they were filled with fear and tension. All during the service they were looking at each other, their eyes asking, “Will this one I am sitting beside be the next one killed? Will I be the next one?”

The room was hot and stuffy with insects that came through the screenless windows and swirled around the naked bulbs over the bare wooden benches. I told them a story out of my childhood.

“When I was a little girl, “ I said, “I went to my father and said, “Daddy, I am afraid that I will never be strong enough to be a marty for Jesus Christ.” “Tell me,” said Father, “When you take a train trip to Amsterdam, when do I give you the money for the ticket? Three weeks before?” “No, Daddy, you give me the money for the ticket just before we get on the train.” “That is right,” my father said, “and so it is with God’s strength. Our Father in Heaven knows when you will need the strength to be a martyr for Jesus Christ. He will supply all you need—just in time…”

My African friends were nodding and smiling. Suddenly a spirit of joy descended upon that church and the people began singing, “ In the sweet, by and by, we shall meet on that beautiful shore.” Later that week, half the congregation of that church was executed. I heard later that the other half was killed some months ago.

But I must tell you something. I was so happy that the Lord used me to encourage these people, for unlike many of their leaders, I had the word of God. I had been to the Bible and discovered that Jesus said He had not only overcome the world, but to all those who remained faithful to the end, He would give a crown of life.

How can we get ready for the persecution? First we need to feed on the word of God, digest it, make it a part of our being. This will mean disciplined Bible study each day as we not only memorize long passages of scripture, but put the principles to work in our lives.

Next we need to develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Not just the Jesus of yesterday, the Jesus of History, but the life-changing Jesus of today who is still alive and sitting at the right hand of God.

We must be filled with the Holy Spirit. This is no optional command of the Bible, it is absolutely necessary. Those earthly disciples could never have stood up under the persecution of the Jews and Romans had they not waited for Pentecost. Each of us needs our own personal Pentecost, the baptism of the Holy Spirit. We will never be able to stand in the tribulation without it.

In the coming persecution we must be ready to help each other and encourage each other. But we must not wait until the tribulation comes before starting. The fruit of the Spirit should be the dominant force of every Christian’s life.

Many are fearful of the coming tribulation, they want to run. I, too, and a little bit afraid when I think that after all my eighty years, including the horrible nazi concentration camp, that I might have to go through the tribulation also. But then I read the Bible and I am glad.

When I am weak, then I shall be strong, the Bible says. Betsy and I were prisoners for the Lord; we were so weak, but we got power because the Holy Spirit was on us. That mighty inner strengthening of the Holy Spirit helped us through. No, you will not be strong in yourself when the tribulation comes. Rather, you will be strong in the power of Him who will not forsake you. For seventy-six years I have known the Lord Jesus and not once has He ever left me, or let me down. Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him, for I know that to all who overcome, He shall give the crown of life. Hallelujah!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is much back and forth on the subject of Pre-tribulation.

[...]

No, you will not be strong in yourself when the tribulation comes. Rather, you will be strong in the power of Him who will not forsake you. For seventy-six years I have known the Lord Jesus and not once has He ever left me, or let me down. Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him, for I know that to all who overcome, He shall give the crown of life. Hallelujah!
This last part stuck out to me, particularly. You are right (or the author is right) the Holy Spirit is our strength. We ought not boast in ourselves.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The world is deathly ill. It is dying. The Great Physician has already signed the death certificate. Yet there is still a great work for Christians to do. They are to be streams of living water, channels of mercy to those who are still in the world. It is possible for them to do this because they are overcomers.

Christians are ambassadors for Christ. They are representatives from Heaven to this dying world. And because of our presence here, things will change.

My sister, Betsy, and I were in the Nazi concentration camp at Ravensbruck because we committed the crime of loving Jews. Seven hundred of us from Holland, France, Russia, Poland and Belgium were herded into a room built for two hundred. As far as I knew, Betsy and I were the only two representatives of Heaven in that room.

We may have been the Lord’s only representatives in that place of hatred, yet because of our presence there, things changed. Jesus said, “In the world you shall have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” We too, are to be overcomers—bringing the light of Jesus into a world filled with darkness and hate.

Sometimes I get frightened as I read the Bible, and as I look in this world and see all of the tribulation and persecution promised by the Bible coming true. Now I can tell you, though, if you too are afraid, that I have just read the last pages. I can now come to shouting “Hallelujah! Hallelujah!” for I have found where it is written that Jesus said, “He that overcometh shall inherit all things: and I will be His God, and he shall be My son.” This is the future and hope of this world. Not that the world will survive – but that we shall be overcomers in the midst of a dying world.

Betsy and I, in the concentration camp, prayed that God would heal Betsy who was so weak and sick. “Yes, the Lord will heal me,”, Betsy said with confidence. She died the next day and I could not understand it. They laid her thin body on the concrete floor along with all the other corpses of the women who died that day.

It was hard for me to understand, to believe that God had a purpose for all that. Yet because of Betsy’s death, today I am traveling all over the world telling people about Jesus.

There are some among us teaching there will be no tribulation, that the Christians will be able to escape all this. These are the false teachers.

I feel I have a divine mandate to go and tell the people of this world that it is possible to be strong in the Lord Jesus Christ. We are in training for the tribulation, but more than sixty percent of the Body of Christ across the world has already entered into the tribulation. There is no way to escape it. We are next.

Since I have already gone through prison for Jesus’ sake, and since I met the Bishop in China, now every time I read a good Bible text I think, “Hey, I can use that in the time of tribulation.” Then I write it down and learn it by heart.

When I was in the concentration camp, a camp where only twenty percent of the women came out alive, we tried to cheer each other up by saying, “Nothing could be any worse than today.” But we would find the next day was even worse. During this time a Bible verse that I had committed to memory gave me great hope and joy. “If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you; on their part evil is spoken of, but on your part He is glorified.” (I Peter 3:14) I found myself saying, “Hallelujah! Because I am suffering, Jesus is glorified!”

Several years ago I was in Africa in a nation where a new government had come into power. The first night I was there some of the Christians were commanded to come to the police station to register. When they arrived they were arrested and that same night they were executed. The next day the same thing happened with other Christians. The third day it was the same. All the Christians in the district were being systematically murdered.

The fourth day I was to speak in a little church. The people came, but they were filled with fear and tension. All during the service they were looking at each other, their eyes asking, “Will this one I am sitting beside be the next one killed? Will I be the next one?”

The room was hot and stuffy with insects that came through the screenless windows and swirled around the naked bulbs over the bare wooden benches. I told them a story out of my childhood.

“When I was a little girl, “ I said, “I went to my father and said, “Daddy, I am afraid that I will never be strong enough to be a marty for Jesus Christ.” “Tell me,” said Father, “When you take a train trip to Amsterdam, when do I give you the money for the ticket? Three weeks before?” “No, Daddy, you give me the money for the ticket just before we get on the train.” “That is right,” my father said, “and so it is with God’s strength. Our Father in Heaven knows when you will need the strength to be a martyr for Jesus Christ. He will supply all you need—just in time…”

My African friends were nodding and smiling. Suddenly a spirit of joy descended upon that church and the people began singing, “ In the sweet, by and by, we shall meet on that beautiful shore.” Later that week, half the congregation of that church was executed. I heard later that the other half was killed some months ago.

But I must tell you something. I was so happy that the Lord used me to encourage these people, for unlike many of their leaders, I had the word of God. I had been to the Bible and discovered that Jesus said He had not only overcome the world, but to all those who remained faithful to the end, He would give a crown of life.

We must be filled with the Holy Spirit. This is no optional command of the Bible, it is absolutely necessary. Those earthly disciples could never have stood up under the persecution of the Jews and Romans had they not waited for Pentecost. Each of us needs our own personal Pentecost, the baptism of the Holy Spirit. We will never be able to stand in the tribulation without it.

In the coming persecution we must be ready to help each other and encourage each other. But we must not wait until the tribulation comes before starting. The fruit of the Spirit should be the dominant force of every Christian’s life.

Many are fearful of the coming tribulation, they want to run.
These are all some of my favorite quotes from her books. I read the Hiding Place through 4 replacement books, worn out from reading when I was a new believer.
I love the movies and have The Hiding Place and Return to the Hiding Place in all my viewing gues.

This is my supreme fav.

"There is no pit so deep, that God's love is not deeper still".
Corrie Ten Boom.

This one praise, knowing what they suffered and why they suffered has gotten me thru many pits in my life.

David said
PSALMS CHAPTER 88
4.1 am counted with them that go down into the pit: I am as a man that hath no strength:
5. Free among the dead, like the slain that lie in the grave, whom thou rememberest no more: and they are cut off from thy hand.
6. Thou hast laid me in the lowest pit, in darkness, in the deeps.
7. Thy wrath lieth hard upon me, and thou hast afflicted me with all thy waves. Selah.

Even a man after God's own heart felt the total despair of feeling forsaken by all.

Thank you for these reminders that tribulation will come and our only escape is Christ Jesus !

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is much back and forth on the subject of Pre-tribulation. This post is not meant to say what I think. Rather, it is an eyewitness account and opinion piece. Whether you are Pre-Tb or not, this letter is amazingly detailed and you can feel her spirit in her words.

There are some among us teaching there will be no tribulation, that the Christians will be able to escape all this. These are the false teachers that Jesus was warning us to expect in the latter days. Most of them have little knowledge of what is already going on across the world. I have been in countries where the saints are already suffering terrible persecution. In China, the Christians were told, “Don’t worry, before the tribulation comes you will be translated – raptured.” Then came a terrible persecution. Millions of Christians were tortured to death. Later I heard a Bishop from China say, sadly, “We have failed. We should have made the people strong for persecution rather than telling them Jesus would come first. Tell the people how to be strong in times of persecution, how to stand when the tribulation comes – to stand and not faint.”

In America, the churches sing, “Let the congregation escape tribulation”, but in China and Africa the tribulation has already arrived. This last year alone more than two hundred thousand Christians were martyred in Africa. Now things like that never get into the newspapers because they cause bad political relations. But I know. I have been there. We need to think about that when we sit down in our nice houses with our nice clothes to eat our steak dinners. Many, many members of the Body of Christ are being tortured to death at this very moment, yet we continue right on as though we are all going to escape the tribulation.

How can we get ready for the persecution? First we need to feed on the word of God, digest it, make it a part of our being. This will mean disciplined Bible study each day as we not only memorize long passages of scripture, but put the principles to work in our lives.

Next we need to develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Not just the Jesus of yesterday, the Jesus of History, but the life-changing Jesus of today who is still alive and sitting at the right hand of God.

Many are fearful of the coming tribulation, they want to run. I, too, and a little bit afraid when I think that after all my eighty years, including the horrible nazi concentration camp, that I might have to go through the tribulation also. But then I read the Bible and I am glad.

When I am weak, then I shall be strong, the Bible says. Betsy and I were prisoners for the Lord; we were so weak, but we got power because the Holy Spirit was on us. That mighty inner strengthening of the Holy Spirit helped us through. No, you will not be strong in yourself when the tribulation comes. Rather, you will be strong in the power of Him who will not forsake you. For seventy-six years I have known the Lord Jesus and not once has He ever left me, or let me down. Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him, for I know that to all who overcome, He shall give the crown of life. Hallelujah!
Ps 118:24This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Praise the Lord always!
Give God the glory!

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are so subject to pride that doctrinal traditional cannot be easily given up, and probably should not quickly be given up simply to effect unity. We must base our unity on submission to the Spirit and crucifixion of our pride.

I am, by conviction, a Postribulationist. However, if I am right, unity will certainly not take place among the majority, nor will it come strictly by argumentation. It will only come among the relative few who submit to God's living word and to His wisdom.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has anyone read this book "about" Corrie? Be interested in your evaluation.
FB_IMG_1689097810153.jpg

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember..reading the book..
- many years ago.
Yes, I have read, this book, "the Hiding Place" multiple times and seen the movies.
The book in question is the "Watchmaker's Daughter".

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I have read, this book, "the Hiding Place" multiple times and seen the movies.
The book in question is the "Watchmaker's Daughter".
I've only read The Hiding Place. I remember she spoke at my school when I was 13. I've never forgotten her.

We are assured of tribulation, no matter in what time we live. Only those on earth in that day will see that time we call "the great tribulation", whether they've already died (my mother died in peace) or have left the earth by perhaps another means.
Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are so subject to pride that doctrinal traditional cannot be easily given up, and probably should not quickly be given up simply to effect unity. We must base our unity on submission to the Spirit and crucifixion of our pride.
For myself, I think that "the main things are the plain things", and that we unify in those. Mine or your understanding of rapture timing should, I think, be sublimated to it's rightful position. It's something of which many of us hold varied opinions, and we can live godly lives whichever we happen to hold.

We can serve each other, and serve alongside each other, and even discuss our opinions, as long as we are founded in a love relationship with God, and with each other, and have the right perspective of our opinions.

"We must base our unity on submission to the Spirit and crucifixion of our pride."

Amen!!

Much love!

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've only read The Hiding Place. I remember she spoke at my school when I was 13. I've never forgotten her.

We are assured of tribulation, no matter in what time we live. Only those on earth in that day will see that time we call "the great tribulation", whether they've already died (my mother died in peace) or have left the earth by perhaps another means.
Much love!
Wow.
I would have loved to have been at your school also during this time.
I would have gladly traded John Denver and his " Rocky Mountain High" for a hearing of her speak .
She above many many others of faith has always been my inspiration of enduring anything to obtain Christ !

Romans 832 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, .........
33 Who who shall lay anything to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall SEPARATE us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are MORE THAN conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord
AMEN !

• Love
Reactions: marks

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
I would also have loved multiple options to put " loved this " on your post.
Screenshot_20230711-143955~2.png

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And why is it relevant tat she is in error like you? My dog just warned me about Post Trib !!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@No Pre-TB @L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d @marks @etc.
I have owned the two books, "The Hiding Place" and "Tramp for the Lord" for a great many years. I have read them both more than once and have always been blessed with the reading. I have not read the other one, "The Watchmaker's Daughter". I will have to check to see if I am able to locate it somewhere.

Her testimonies are definitely worth the effort in reading her books. I also have a copy of the movie "The Hiding Place".

Reactions: L.A.M.B. and marks

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For myself, I think that "the main things are the plain things", and that we unify in those. Mine or your understanding of rapture timing should, I think, be sublimated to it's rightful position. It's something of which many of us hold varied opinions, and we can live godly lives whichever we happen to hold.

We can serve each other, and serve alongside each other, and even discuss our opinions, as long as we are founded in a love relationship with God, and with each other, and have the right perspective of our opinions.

"We must base our unity on submission to the Spirit and crucifixion of our pride."

Amen!!

Much love!
Yes, but we should not give up an ounce of God's word, and should continue to pursue it to its logical end. Granted, some will never want to go that far for various reasons. But we should try?

• Love

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but we should not give up an ounce of God's word, and should continue to pursue it to its logical end. Granted, some will never want to go that far for various reasons. But we should try?
That's my life. in 2001 God put something in me one day that I want to understand every last thing I can from the Bible.

Much love!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's my life. in 2001 God put something in me one day that I want to understand every last thing I can from the Bible.

Much love!
Mark, I had a dream a while back in which Jesus told me he can answer my every question. I was so excited after I woke up that I anxiously asked my wife to ask me a question--any question, because I had answers to every question running through my mind! I was *so excited!*

But after some time the revelation, along with the excitement, faded. I could no longer answer every question. I was back where I was before, not being able to answer loads of questions. It was, to put it mildly, weird! ;)

Anyway, I feel encouraged that we should persist in asking God questions. We are not perfect, but the more we humble ourselves and open ourselves up to the service of others, the more we show real interest in knowing God's word, the more we will learn. We will become like the word God is giving us answers to.

• Love