The true grace of God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
from Hebrews 10:26-31

It appears to me that <username not disposed in this thread> and a few others here, do deny the true grace of God; calling it a FALSE and PERVERTED gospel.

What is the true grace of God according to scripture?

1Pe 5:10, But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.
1Pe 5:11, To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
1Pe 5:12, By Silvanus, a faithful brother unto you, as I suppose, I have written briefly, exhorting, and testifying that this is the true grace of God wherein ye stand.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can think of five definitions for grace that I am aware of:

1) simple favour

2) getting what we don't deserve (heaven)....as opposed mercy, not getting what we do deserve (hell).

3) the enabling power of the Lord

4) G)od's R)iches A)t C)hrist's E)xpense

5) G)oodness R)endered A)s C)hrist E)mpowers

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The true grace of God, also, according to the scripture in the OP, involves being made perfect, stablished, strengthened, and settled, after that you have suffered for a little while.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grace can mean raw Power, but in the greatest of Biblical senses, it reflects the Circumcision of Christ. There is no greater Grace than God granting his "Grace, Mercy and Compassion" upon anyone He so chooses (Exo 33:19). Cleansing; the removal of the Curse of Adam and Eve; the sending of the Holy Spirit; the paying of our sinful debt . . . this is Ultimate Grace, the highest form of Grace that one can receive.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grace can mean raw Power, but in the greatest of Biblical senses, it reflects the Circumcision of Christ. There is no greater Grace than God granting his "Grace, Mercy and Compassion" upon anyone He so chooses (Exo 33:19). Cleansing; the removal of the Curse of Adam and Eve; the sending of the Holy Spirit; the paying of our sinful debt . . . this is Ultimate Grace, the highest form of Grace that one can receive.

Jesus, a minister to the circumcision (to you).

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It appears to me that <username not disposed in this thread> and a few others here, do deny the true grace of God; calling it a FALSE and PERVERTED gospel.
Agreed. There are some who have no understanding of the Gospel and the grace of God, which must always be seen in conjunction with the finished work of Christ. It is the grace of God which brings salvation to all mankind (Titus 2:11).

Grace DOES NOT mean raw power, neither does it mean the circumcision of Christ. So if people start misrepresenting grace from the start, there will be nothing but more attacks on grace.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed. There are some who have no understanding of the Gospel and the grace of God, which must always be seen in conjunction with the finished work of Christ. It is the grace of God which brings salvation to all mankind (Titus 2:11).

Grace DOES NOT mean raw power, neither does it mean the circumcision of Christ. So if people start misrepresenting grace from the start, there will be nothing but more attacks on grace.

There is no doubt that we read completely different Bibles. Mine are abundantly clear. But hey, believe whatever you want. I require nothing of you.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grace is where God shows us mercy, kindness, and patience instead of the judgment that we deserve for sinning against Him. God's grace cannot be earned by our actions. Grace is based on the character of God and not on our sincerity, performance, or our best efforts to keep the law. Otherwise, grace would no longer be grace.

Romans 11:6 - But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace.

Ephesians 2:8,9 - We are saved by grace through faith, not works, not of ourselves it is the gift of God.

Galatians 2:21 - I do not nullify the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died needlessly.

2 Timothy 1:9 - who has saved us, and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was granted us in Christ Jesus from all eternity.

Yet God's grace operates sovereignly in the lives of believers.

1 Corinthians 15:10 - But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain; but I labored even more than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God with me.

2 Corinthians 1:12 - For our proud confidence is this: the testimony of our conscience, that in holiness and godly sincerity, not in fleshly wisdom but in the grace of God, we have conducted ourselves in the world, and especially toward you.

2 Corinthians 12:9 - And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

Titus 2:11 - For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, 12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grace means that, after that we have suffered a while, we shall be made perfect, and the Lord shall establish, strengthen, and settle us.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
What is the true grace of God according to scripture?1Pe 5:10, But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

The Grace of God is not about you suffering so that He will accept you.
its about Jesus's suffering on our behalf that God accepts.

Salvation, or the Grace of God, is not you doing it....Its you receiving what Jesus has offered as "the GIFT of Salvation".
This gift is God's Blood and Death and Resurrection.

Your part in that is to receive it by faith.
"justification by faith".
Not by water. Not by works.

Reactions: marks

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me that you have denied the scripture that is at hand, @Behold; but only if He accepts you because you are made perfect.

We know that our acceptance before Him is based on faith and that through faith we are justified even though we might be ungodly in our behaviour (Romans 4:5).

It is our unshakable identity that we are righteous even when we blow it because we have faith in Jesus Christ.

Now, if you have that identity, go and live like it (1 John 3:7, Romans 5:19, Matthew 5:6).

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grace is translated from a certain Greek word, that word has a certain meaning. In it's various forms, that meaning applies slightly differently.

Grace means kindness and favor. Grace describes God towards us. It's not a substance of it's own, like the charge in a battery.

Grace is God's kindness toward us . . . in giving to us Jesus. Jesus is unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and everything else.

Much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grace is translated from a certain Greek word, that word has a certain meaning. In it's various forms, that meaning applies slightly differently.

Grace means kindness and favor. Grace describes God towards us. It's not a substance of it's own, like the charge in a battery.

Grace is God's kindness toward us . . . in giving to us Jesus. Jesus is unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and everything else.

Much love!
It is God's kindness to us that translates into us being made perfect after that we have suffered for a while.

Kobo

Mar 11, 2021
Chicago
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What is the true grace of God according to scripture?
If you are looking for the grace of God as concerns the Gospel of the Kingdom of Jesus Christ, shouldn't you look in the Gospels where the teachings of Jesus Christ are in fact contained?

In John 1
14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.
15 (John bore witness about him, and cried out, “This was he of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me ranks before me, because he was before me.’”)
16 For from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace.
17 For the law was given through Moses; Grace And Truth came through Jesus Christ.
18 No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father's side, he has made him known.​

In John 3, we are told that through Jesus Christ, we are redeemed from God's judgment, since the time of Adam, pronouncing Death on all those who are unbelievers, also referred to as the "Condemnation of sin which is Death"(not to be confused with sin itself), and in its place, we receive the grace of God in the form of eternal life( grace upon grace).

John 3
16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

19 And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil.
20 For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed.
21 But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”​

Now, the gift of grace is eternal life, not to be confused with a guarantee of Heaven by the way since that gift can also be spent in Hell if one continues to live in Sin. Jesus Christ came with Grace and Truth, so do we take the Grace and reject the Truth of Jesus Christ?

Well, according to Jesus Christ Himself, those who have been gifted with eternal life(grace upon grace) commit sin if they refuse to accept(trust) and obey the teachings/commandments(Truth) of Jesus Christ. And according to Jesus Christ, those who refuse to obey His Truth(teachings/commandments) are destined to spend their eternal life(grace upon grace) in Hell.

Kobo

Mar 11, 2021
Chicago
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mercy and Compassion, is God's grace which He pours out on all of Mankind daily - yes, even on the wicked and ungrateful.
But the Grace of God that we are gifted by simply believing(believe He is sent of God, Be baptized, and eat of His Last supper) in Jesus Christ, is Eternal life(grace upon grace). When we believe, we are saved from the condemnation of Sin(death), not to be confused with sin itself.

However, to live without sin and in turn, be imbued with the Spirit of God, Jesus Christ instructs that we must, in addition, accept(trust) and Obey His Truth(teachings/commandments), for only then can we become His followers, and be called Sons of God.

Kobo

Mar 11, 2021
Chicago
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me that you have denied the scripture that is at hand, @Behold; but only if He accepts you because you are made perfect.

We know that our acceptance before Him is based on faith and that through faith we are justified even though we might be ungodly in our behaviour (Romans 4:5).

It is our unshakable identity that we are righteous even when we blow it because we have faith in Jesus Christ.

Now, if you have that identity, go and live like it (1 John 3:7, Romans 5:19, Matthew 5:6).
According to Jesus Christ, you are made perfect only when you accept(trust) and obey His teachings/commandments.

Those who refuse to accept(trust) and obey His teachings/commandments, though they believe in Jesus Christ, are not made perfect by Him... And what does it mean to become perfect?

In John 15, we read what it in fact means to abide in the word of Jesus Christ

1 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser.
2 Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
3 Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you.
4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me.
5 I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.
6 If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned.
7 If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.
8 By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples.
9 As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love.
10 If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love.
11 These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.​

The teachings/commandments of Jesus Christ, the New Covenant, is the Law as far as the Kingdom of Heaven is concerned. This Covenant, much like the Old Covenant God gave to the people who belong to the Kingdom of Israel, comes with about 46 commandments that Jesus Christ, the Word of God Himself, requires that all His followers accept(trust) and obey, in order to have a share in His kingdom.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not by attempting to obey a set of do's and don'ts that we obtain the righteousness of the Lord (Romans 3:21).

We obtain it when we receive the Holy Spirit by faith (Galatians 3:14) and begin to bear the fruit of the Spirit (love) against which there is no law (Galatians 5:22-23).

Thus we have a righteousness of the Lord apart from the law that is nevertheless attested to by the law and the prophets that it is righteousness indeed (again, Romans 3:21).

Since there is no law against the behaviour of one who bears the fruit of the Spirit, in bearing the fruit of the Spirit we become law-abiding citizens of the kingdom of heaven.
When we receive the grace of God, it is so that we might have everlasting life in heaven.

Grace does not, ever, place a man in hell.